Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to Find another IP address Post 302719229 by Adhi on Monday 22nd of October 2012 09:54:06 AM
Old 10-22-2012
How to Find another IP address

Hi Guys,

I want to find another(Local host) machine IP address from my machine.. We are all connected in the same server, I mean same LAN.

What i done is
Connected with that user machine using SSH and SU.. After that i used IFCONFIG but it shows my Ip address. Can not able to get the destination machine IP address. How could i do that???

---------- Post updated at 09:54 AM ---------- Previous update was at 09:38 AM ----------

Is there any other command to find..??

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to find i.p address of our server

I don't have root access. How do I find i.p address of our sun server? Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vpotluri
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Find LAN Address

Hi, I am wondering how I can find the network address under following situation. Things available: 1. An active network drop without knowing any details about the network. 2. I have windows, Linux, and Solaris machine available to use. Things to achieve: 1. Find out the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jiashi2
5 Replies

3. HP-UX

how to find the IP address of a printer

I'm trying to find the IP address of a print queue. I tried this, but nada. cat /etc/hosts | lp -d lp01 Looked in the hosts file but it's not there (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: abNORMal
2 Replies

4. IP Networking

How do I find my IP address when connecting via VPN.

I connect to my client's network via VPN. We have a UNIX box there & I would like to know IP address of my PC when I connect to UNIX box using Putty software. I checked this command - /usr/sbin/ifconfig -a and it showed me the output lo0: flags=1000849<UP,LOOPBACK,RUNNING,MULTICAST,IPv4> mtu 8232... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gppande
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Find IP Address of a Printer Q in Hp-Unix

Could anyone help me to identify the IP address of a printer queue with its printer queue name information . (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lenin1985
1 Replies

6. AIX

How to find the router IP address

How to find the router IP address (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AIXlearner
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find unique IP address in a list

Hello, I got a list of IP address from which I would like to remove the duplicates. I cat the file and pipe it to uniq -u or uniq -c, I got the same output with all the duplicates. Can anybody please tell me how I can remove the duplicates IPs from this file? This is what I used. cat filename |... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pouchie1
3 Replies

8. Red Hat

How to find file which stores IP address

Hi all, I am new to this forum and this is my first question :). Using Red hat Linux.I tried to find file which stores IP address based on different helps given in this forum but did not get success. Here is the system details: -bash-3.2$ lsb_release -a LSB Version: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Barkha
2 Replies

9. IP Networking

Where to find IP address to location data?

I'm trying to remotely probe a range of IP addresses. First I need a list of IP addresses for a very small geographic area. I've had a lot of trouble obtaining them. I would like to find a database or something. Suppose I do get the data. Can I see if that IP address is in use by someone? Can I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rockandAir
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to find available IP address

Hi, I am trying to write a script that will check all used IP on the server and then print me an addressees that are not in use. Problem is in comparing two variables #!/bin/bash NETSTAT=$(netstat -ntp | awk '{ print $4 }' | grep -v "127.0.0.1" | cut -d ":" -f1 | grep "^"|sort | uniq )... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nemesis911
6 Replies
XRemoveHost()															     XRemoveHost()

Name
  XRemoveHost - remove a host from the access control list.

Synopsis
  XRemoveHost(display, host)
	Display *display;
	XHostAddress *host;

Arguments
  display   Specifies a connection to an X server; returned from XOpenDisplay().

host	    Specifies the network address of the machine to be removed.

Description
  XRemoveHost()  removes the specified host from the access control list of the connected server.  The server must be on the same host as the
  process that calls XRemoveHost() in order to change the access control list.

If you remove your own machine from the access control list, you can no longer connect to that server, and there is no way back  from  this
  call	other  than to log out, edit the access control file, and reset the server.  The address data must be a valid address for the type of
  network in which the server operates, as specified in the family member.

For TCP/IP, the address should be in network byte order.  For the DECnet family, the server performs no automatic swapping on  the  address
  bytes.   A  Phase  IV  address is two bytes long.  The first byte contains the least significant eight bits of the node number.  The second
  byte contains the most significant two bits of the node number in the least significant two bits of the byte, and the area in the most sig-
  nificant six bits of the byte.

For more information on access control lists, see Volume One, Chapter 15, Other Programming Techniques.

Structures
     typedef struct {
	 int family;	    /* for example Family Internet */
	 int length;	    /* length of address, in bytes */
	 char *address;     /* pointer to where to find the bytes */
     } XHostAddress;

/* constants used for family member of XHostAddress */
     #define FamilyInternet	 0
     #define FamilyDECnet	 1
     #define FamilyChaos	 2

Errors
  BadAccess
  BadValue

See Also
  XAddHost(), XAddHosts(), XDisableAccessControl(), XEnableAccessControl(), XListHosts(), XRemoveHosts(), XSetAccessControl().

Xlib - Host Access														     XRemoveHost()