Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Unblock the websites
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Unblock the websites Post 302719227 by bakunin on Monday 22nd of October 2012 09:38:23 AM
Old 10-22-2012
If you are not knowledgeable enough to know where websites are blocked you probably should not attempt to remove such filters in first place. We help to solve technical problems, we do NOT help to create security risks.

The files ("/etc/hosts*") you have mentioned have nothing to do with website blocking at all.

bakunin

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

unix and websites

Does Anyone know how to create domains ahead of another domain? example http://domain.example.com Any Information would be of great help. Thank you. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhjunx
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

visited websites

Hi guys, Im just wondering on where a network admin would view a list of visited websites in unix and where to block some websites? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jake2891
3 Replies

3. Linux

Unblock port 80 for none root user

Hi all, I am running an oracle application server but the problem is that the default port it is using is 7777 and if i want to make it port 80 i have to run the server as root which something i do not want to do. If i understand well to run on a port under 1024 the application needs root... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: staind_art
1 Replies

4. HP-UX

How to Unblock Port in HP UX

Dear All.. I have an HP-UX server, i need to access it through certain port to run application.., but i cant access it, I can login as root by using other port Can anyone give me any advice how to see the list of active port? and how to block / unblock it?? Thankyou in advance ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: grimanda
1 Replies

5. HP-UX

To unblock the some audit scripts

Dear Expects, I am facing following discrepancies on our server. a) When we give wrong root password three times in a row, the root account has been disabled. b) System is forced to change the old password, whenever we tried to change the password of any of the OS user and for ROOT user... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: oracle_rajesh_k
2 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

IT news websites

Hi guys Can you recommend some seriuos web pages with news from IT world :p Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_user
0 Replies

7. Red Hat

Want to unblock port for particular site

Dear All We have one Centos Server on Asterisk platform.We are trying to open one particular site from client machines which is our client portal.We have to upload data on that.When we trying to open that site somewhere its blocking and not opening.We did tracert and found one router down... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vaibhav.T
3 Replies
PAPS(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   PAPS(1)

NAME
paps - UTF-8 to PostScript converter using Pango SYNOPSIS
paps [options] files... DESCRIPTION
paps reads a UTF-8 encoded file and generates a PostScript language rendering of the file. The rendering is done by creating outline curves through the pango ft2 backend. OPTIONS
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. --landscape Landscape output. Default is portrait. --columns=cl Number of columns output. Default is 1. Please notice this option isn't related to the terminal length as in a "80 culums terminal". --font=desc Set the font description. Default is Monospace 12. --rtl Do right to left (RTL) layout. --paper ps Choose paper size. Known paper sizes are legal, letter and A4. Default is A4. Postscript points Each postscript point equals to 1/72 of an inch. 36 points are 1/2 of an inch. --bottom-margin=bm Set bottom margin. Default is 36 postscript points. --top-margin=tm Set top margin. Default is 36 postscript points. --left-margin=lm Set left margin. Default is 36 postscript points. --right-margin=rm Set right margin. Default is 36 postscript points. --gutter-width=gw Set gutter width. Default is 40 postscript points. --help Show summary of options. --header Draw page header for each page. --markup Interpret the text as pango markup. --lpi Set the lines per inch. This determines the line spacing. --cpi Set the characters per inch. This is an alternative method of specifying the font size. --stretch-chars Indicates that characters should be stretched in the y-direction to fill up their vertical space. This is similar to the texttops behaviour. AUTHOR
paps was written by Dov Grobgeld <dov.grobgeld@gmail.com>. This manual page was written by Lior Kaplan <kaplan@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). April 17, 2006 PAPS(1)