Sponsored Content
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions run cygwin bash script from notepad++ Post 302718139 by millsy5 on Friday 19th of October 2012 07:45:03 AM
Old 10-19-2012
run cygwin bash script from notepad++

I'm using Notepad++ to edit my BASH scripts and using CYGWIN to run them from Windows7.

In Notepad++ there is a 'Run' capability. How do I get this to run my scripts directly without having to enter the script name from the Cygwin command line?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to run cgi -script on Cygwin ?

All, I would like to run a cgi script in cygwin which i have installed in WinXP. My CYGWIN directory structure is /var/www/ drwxrwx---+ 2 user Users 0 Nov 23 16:24 cgi-bin drwxrwx---+ 3 user Users 0 Oct 22 17:21 htdocs drwxrwx---+ 3 user Users 0 Oct 22 17:22 icons and another... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jambesh
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to use cygwin to run bash script

Hi, all, I try to run a quite simple bash script mytest.sh in cygwin, it's content is: #!/bin/bash echo "It is my first bash shell" there are three lines in the script. The second line is blank line. When I run it use command: bash c:/mytest.sh, ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jenny.palmy
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to make your bash script run on a machine with csh and bash

hi, i have a script that runs on bash and would like to run it on a machine that has csh and bash. the default setting on that machine is csh. i dont want to change my code to run it with a csh shell. is there any way i can run the script (written in bash) on this machine? in other words is there... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: npatwardhan
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

tip: Simple script won't run in cygwin - vim editor involved

I ran into this issue and thanks to various postings in various forums, was able to figure out the solution but didn't see one posting that laid the whole issue out cleanly. So thought the following might help others ... ------------------------------------------------------------------------... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: oxysep
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cygwin bash script and read command

Hello everyone, I am struggling a bit with a batch script that I need to run in cygwin. I work in winXP and I had to write some awk scripts to do some file manipulation, and now I would like to automate the process by just running a batch file so that my colleagues can use it easily. Now, the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Teroc
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

BASH: Script jams Cygwin to 100% CPU -

I'd like to streamline the code more than a bit to get it to run faster. There's a thread about this and related issues of mine on the Cygwin mailing-list, but I want to eliminate any chances it might just be inefficient/inelegant/crappy code. A previous run of the same script on both Cygwin and... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: SilversleevesX
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run Cygwin bash from windows scheduled task?

Hmmm.... I love these forums because I always get great prompt responses and I want to ask a question about running bash on windows. Is that allowed? Now I know I can install cygwin cron and run bash that way. Can I run bash from windows schedule task? How? thanks siegfried (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: siegfried
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cygwin bash script to unmount and mount an XP partition

As stated, I am looking into keeping my backup drive unmounted in normal windows use. Partly this is to address threats like cryptolocker. Since one of my backup drives is an internal drive, it will not likely afford any protection from such a threat. I am thinking of adding code to my rsync script... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash Script (tar + md) on Cygwin

Hi everybody, First, I'm sorry for my bad english! I have the following situation: I have a Windows 2012 R2 with Cygwin installed. The Windows Server is used as a backup Server with Dell AppAssure installed. At the moment, AppAssure saves Backup Targets to a repository on his D. The... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: fibra3000
9 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Using BATCH to call a BASH script on CygWin

I am trying to use a batch file to automatically execute a bash script with no luck this far. The batch script looks like this: C:\Cygwin64\bin\bash test.sh I have also tried this: C:\Cygwin64\bin\bash "C:\Cygwin64\bin\test.sh" Needless to say that the windows box has Cygwin... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xterra
7 Replies
EVIM(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   EVIM(1)

NAME
evim - easy Vim, edit a file with Vim and setup for modeless editing SYNOPSIS
evim [options] [file ..] eview DESCRIPTION
eVim starts Vim and sets options to make it behave like a modeless editor. This is still Vim but used as a point-and-click editor. This feels a lot like using Notepad on MS-Windows. eVim will always run in the GUI, to enable the use of menus and toolbar. Only to be used for people who really can't work with Vim in the normal way. Editing will be much less efficient. eview is the same, but starts in read-only mode. It works just like evim -R. See vim(1) for details about Vim, options, etc. The 'insertmode' option is set to be able to type text directly. Mappings are setup to make Copy and Paste work with the MS-Windows keys. CTRL-X cuts text, CTRL-C copies text and CTRL-V pastes text. Use CTRL-Q to obtain the original meaning of CTRL-V. OPTIONS
See vim(1). FILES
/usr/share/vim/vim74/evim.vim The script loaded to initialize eVim. AKA
Also Known As "Vim for gumbies". When using evim you are expected to take a handkerchief, make a knot in each corner and wear it on your head. SEE ALSO
vim(1) AUTHOR
Most of Vim was made by Bram Moolenaar, with a lot of help from others. See the Help/Credits menu. 2002 February 16 EVIM(1)