Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: file manipulation using nawk
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting file manipulation using nawk Post 302716317 by pamu on Tuesday 16th of October 2012 07:38:45 AM
Old 10-16-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdosanjh
Code:
f3 should be:
TSCparser14     irons1         1 NORD_BALT_02 -- 0 gaps (0 missing messages), 0 seq no resets, Total (col6 of f1 - col6 of f2 = 2) times gaped in past 1 hr 
TSCparser15     irons1         1 NORD_BALT_05 -- 0 gaps (0 missing messages), 0 seq no resets, Total (col6 of f1 - col6 of f2) times gaped in past 1 hr

----------
try this..

Code:
nawk 'FNR==NR{a[$1,$2,$4]=$6;next}{if(a[$1,$2,$4] != ""){s=(a[$1,$2,$4]-$6);$6=0;print $0", Total "s" times gapped in past 1 hr."}}' OFS="\t" file1 file2

This User Gave Thanks to pamu For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

nawk - file limits

Hi, I want to search particular pattern and splitting the file in to multiple files. (Splitted files may be more than 150). It got splitted upto 20 files after that, I got some error. nawk: filename.21 makes too many open files. input record number 654, file xxxxxxx Can u guide me to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sharif
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to access values of awk/nawk variables outside the awk/nawk block?

i'm new to shell scripting and have a problem please help me in the script i have a nawk block which has a variable count nawk{ . . . count=count+1 print count } now i want to access the value of the count variable outside the awk block,like.. s=`expr count / m` (m is... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: saniya
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add a column to a file with nawk

Hi all, I'm new at forum, I cant find an answer to my problem so , I need a file which has pipe as a file separator and I need to add a column to a file in the third column I write this code but it s not enough , cat allproblems | nawk'\ BEGIN { FS:"|" } {print $3 $4 $5, ????} ' ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: circuitman06
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

nawk --- can't open file ??

While i am trying to execute nawk in korn shell iam getting this error. nawk: can't open file $directory../../../filename. When the file is in home directory it is executing. But its not able to find file in other directory. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Diddy
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help nawk parse file

Hello, Hope you are doing fine. I have a file in following format. I only want to process the data inside the section that comes after #DATE,CODE,VALUE #ITEMS WITH CORRECTIONS ....... #DATE,CODE,VALUE 2011-08-02, ID1, 0.30 2011-08-02, ID2, 0.40 2011-08-02, ID3, 0.50 ...... Means... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: srattani
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reformat file using nawk

Hi all, I have a file with records that look something like this, "Transaction ID",Date,Email,"Card Type",Amount,"NETBANX Ref","Root Ref","Transaction Type","Merchant Ref",Status,"Interface ID","Interface Name","User ID" nnnnnnnnn,"21 Nov 2011 00:10:47",someone@hotmail.co.uk,"Visa... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dazedandconfuse
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Filtering records from 1 file based on some manipulation doen on second file

Hi, I am looking for an awk script which should help me to meet the following requirement: File1 has records in following format INF: FAILEd RECORD AB1234 INF: FAILEd RECORD PQ1145 INF: FAILEd RECORD AB3215 INF: FAILEd RECORD AB6114 ............................ (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mintu41
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk to convert a text file to CSV file with some string manipulation

Hi , I have a simple text file with contents as below: 12345678900 971,76 4234560890 22345678900 5971,72 5234560990 32345678900 71,12 6234560190 the new csv-file should be like: Column1;Column2;Column3;Column4;Column5 123456;78900;971,76;423456;0890... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: FreddyDaKing
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Populating File data with custom manipulation on file names

Hi, I am confused how to proceed firther please find the problem below: Input Files: DCIA_GEOG_DATA_OCEAN.TXT DCIA_GEOG_DATA_MCRO.TXT DCIA_GEOG_DATA_CVAS.TXT DCIA_GEOG_DATA_MCR.TXT Output File Name: MMA_RFC_GEOG_NAM_DIM_LOD.txt Sample Record(DCIA_GEOG_DATA_OCEAN.TXT):(Layout same for... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arun Mishra
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Nawk Problem - nawk out of space in tostring on

Hi.. i am running nawk scripts on solaris system to get records of file1 not in file2 and find duplicate records in a while with the following scripts -compare nawk 'NR==FNR{a++;next;} !a {print"line"FNR $0}' file1 file2duplicate - nawk '{a++}END{for(i in a){if(a-1)print i,a}}' file1in the middle... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Abhiraj Singh
12 Replies
ppmtosixel(1)                                                 General Commands Manual                                                ppmtosixel(1)

NAME
ppmtosixel - convert a portable pixmap into DEC sixel format SYNOPSIS
ppmtosixel [-raw] [-margin] [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces sixel commands (SIX) as output. The output is formatted for color printing, e.g. for a DEC LJ250 color inkjet printer. If RGB values from the PPM file do not have maxval=100, the RGB values are rescaled. A printer control header and a color assignment table begin the SIX file. Image data is written in a compressed format by default. A printer control footer ends the image file. OPTIONS
-raw If specified, each pixel will be explicitly described in the image file. If -raw is not specified, output will default to com- pressed format in which identical adjacent pixels are replaced by "repeat pixel" commands. A raw file is often an order of magni- tude larger than a compressed file and prints much slower. -margin If -margin is not specified, the image will be start at the left margin (of the window, paper, or whatever). If -margin is speci- fied, a 1.5 inch left margin will offset the image. PRINTING
Generally, sixel files must reach the printer unfiltered. Use the lpr -x option or cat filename > /dev/tty0?. BUGS
Upon rescaling, truncation of the least significant bits of RGB values may result in poor color conversion. If the original PPM maxval was greater than 100, rescaling also reduces the image depth. While the actual RGB values from the ppm file are more or less retained, the color palette of the LJ250 may not match the colors on your screen. This seems to be a printer limitation. SEE ALSO
ppm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1991 by Rick Vinci. 26 April 1991 ppmtosixel(1)