Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Insert query with shell variable with AWK Post 302715729 by Klashxx on Monday 15th of October 2012 10:00:35 AM
Old 10-15-2012
Try:
Code:
#gawk '{print "db2 \"INSERT INTO TABLE_NAME (PRODUCT_CODE) values ("$1") etc..\""}'  RS=',|\n' infile                               
db2 "INSERT INTO TABLE_NAME (PRODUCT_CODE) values (value1) etc.."
db2 "INSERT INTO TABLE_NAME (PRODUCT_CODE) values (value2) etc.."
db2 "INSERT INTO TABLE_NAME (PRODUCT_CODE) values (value3) etc.."
db2 "INSERT INTO TABLE_NAME (PRODUCT_CODE) values (value4) etc.."
db2 "INSERT INTO TABLE_NAME (PRODUCT_CODE) values (value5) etc.."
db2 "INSERT INTO TABLE_NAME (PRODUCT_CODE) values (value6) etc.."

Last edited by Klashxx; 10-15-2012 at 11:13 AM.. Reason: Gawk

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk problem when attributing query to a variable

Hello, I'm trying to make a script which reads the PID of a process using awk. I've read the thread in this forum where it is explained. However, the problem i'm having is when attributing that PID value to a variable. I'm using AIX 5.3. The command is the following: :/home/user1>ps -ef |... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mambo
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Setting variable for query using iSql / Korn Shell

Hi All- First time using iSql. I have 4 query files - some have more than 1 line of sql statements After a bit of research it appears I can just use the -i command and specify the input file. Questions: Does it matter that there are multiple queries in each file? Do I need to have... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cailet
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing a variable from shell script to mysql query?

I heard this was possible but from my research I haven't been able to figure it out yet. Seems it should be simple enough. Basically from a high level view I'm trying to accomplish... . $X='grep foo blah.log' then 'mysql command SELECT foo FROM bar WHERE ' . $X or something like that. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kero
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert external variable in a AWK pattern

Dear all, ¿How can i insert a variable in a AWK pattern? I have almost succeeded in solving a puzzle with AWK but now i want to make a script. Let me explain. cat file.txt | awk 'BEGIN {RS="\\n\\n"} /tux/ { print "\n"$0 }' I know that this command makes right what i want to do, but mi... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: antuan
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use a variable in insert query?

My script contains as follows, VALUE=`sqlplus un/pwd <<EOF > OB.txt set pagesize 0 feedback off verify off heading off echo off select max(1) from table1; exit; EOF` insert into table2 values(1, 'The max value is $value',...); i need the value of VALUE to be inserted after 'The max... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: savithavijay
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Forming an insert query using awk

Hi, I'm trying to form an insert sql query using shell programming. I have table named company with four columns 'company name', 'company id', 'company code' and 'last change id' I have to read the company name, company code and last change id from a file delimited by | which has around 10... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rakesh_s
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using a shell script variable in a mysql query using 'LIKE'

Hello. I am writing a simple script that reads a text file and removes records from a mysql database. The items in the text file are of the format: firstname.middle.lastXXX, where XXX is a 3 digit number. The table has an email field that will match the firstname.middle.last. So, I thought I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bricoleur
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

insert variable into awk

I'm trying to insert a filename into awk. filename="12345.wmv" I have tried this: awk '/$filename/{print $0}' infile and this: awk -v fn=$filename '/$fn/{print $0}' infile How do I insert the variable into awk? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: locoroco
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

[awk] - how to insert an external variable

I want to incorporate the variable in the for statement as a column of my processed file. In the INCORRECT example below, it is $i which corresponds to the i in my for loop: for i in x86_64 i686; do awk '{ print $1" "$4" "$5" "$i }'awk $file-$i > processed-$i.log doneThanks! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: graysky
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing value of variable to a query within shell script

I have a script in which i connect to database to run a query and get the result of the query to a temp file. This works fine , now what i want is there is flat file which contains the value to be used in the query. I want to read this file line by line and then run the query for each value in that... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: gpk_newbie
7 Replies
DICT_LOOKUP(1)															    DICT_LOOKUP(1)

NAME
dict_lookup - DICT Protocol Client SYNOPSIS
dict_lookuop [options] DESCRIPTION
dict_lookup reads X selection, then open terminal emulator and run dict client in it allowing user to view content using pager. It makes sense to configure launching dict_lookup on a keyboard shortcut in the window manager. OPTIONS
-h display help message. -x x X coordinate of terminal emulator. -x Y Y coordinate of terminal emulator. -s WxH width and height of terminal emulator separated by 'x'. -q query query, if it is specified, X selection is not read. ENVIRONMENT
dict_lookup recognizes the following environment variables. The default value is specified in square brackets. D_AWK_PROG AWK interpreter to use. [awk] D_XCLIP_PROG xclip application. [xclip] D_XTERM_PROG xterm or equivalent terminal emulator. [xterm] D_UTF8_LOCALE UTF-8 locale. [first available UTF-8 locale on system] D_DICT_PROG Dictionary client program. [dict] D_DICT_SERVER Option for dictionary client specifying the server. [-h dict.org] D_DICT_PORT Option for dictionary client specifying the port. [-p 2628] D_DICT_DB_OPT Option for dictionary client specifying the database. [-d foldoc] D_XTERM_CLASS Option for terminal emulator specifying the class. [-class XTerm] D_XTERM_NAME Option for terminal emulator specifying the name. [-name xterm_dict] D_XTERM_TITLE Option for terminal emulator specifying the title. [-title dict_lookup] D_TEXT_WIDTH Program calculating text width for given text. [cyrillic_text_width] cyrillic_text_width doesn't work correctly for Japanese, Korean, Chinese and some other languages. D_TERM_X Terminal emulator X coordinate. [+200] D_TERM_Y Terminal emulator Y coordinate. [+200] D_TERM_H Terminal emulator height. [+40] D_PAGER Pager. [less -R] SEE ALSO
dict(1), less(1), xterm(1), dictd(8), http://www.dict.org, RFC 2229 9 January 2011 DICT_LOOKUP(1)