Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Wget JPG not working
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Wget JPG not working Post 302715199 by pamu on Sunday 14th of October 2012 04:31:48 AM
Old 10-14-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruleke
So there's no way I can do that?
You can try to read about anti robots, robots exclusion.

But not sure, is this possible to use with wget or not.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

PDF/EPS to GIf/JPG Help!!

Hello. I have a large number of EPS files and a lesser number of PDFs that I need to convert to GIFs/JPGs using a Unix system. Is there a unix utility or application out there that can do this conversion? Thank you in advance for any help you can provide. -Pook (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: PookJP
1 Replies

2. AIX

jpg image

Hello I would like to see an jpeg image with aix. It is possible ? how can i do ? thank you (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pascalbout
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

find jpg's mkdir script help

I am having a problem getting this to work right. The script needs to search through directories and subdirectories. If a jpg is found then create a folder in that directory, so on and so forth. Here is what I have so far but it doesn't work right. Help please #!/bin/bash for d in `find ./... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jedhypes
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to send jpg as body

Hi, I ftp the .jpg file from windows to unix machine, now i need to send the jpg file as body to (not as attachment) outlook, can anyone send the sample code for this? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vasu.g
1 Replies

5. Web Development

is wget working in ftp ?

I get ftp> wget ?Invalid command. ftp> 0 * * * * wget -O - -q -t 1 http://www.example.com/cron.php ?Invalid command. thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: aneuryzma
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rename all ".JPG" files to ".jpg" under all subfolders...

Hi, Dear all: One question ! ^_^ I'm using bash under Ubuntu 9.10. My question is not to rename all ".JPG" files to ".jpg" in a single folder, but to rename all ".JPG" files to ".jpg" in all subfolders. To rename all ".JPG" to ".jpg" in a single folder, for x in *.JPG; do mv "$x"... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jiapei100
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Deleting all but JPG files

I would like to delete all files but keep all the .JPG files. How can this be accomplished? Thanks in advance (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xterra
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

print metadata to jpg

Hi all, I would like to write a scipt that gets gps informatoin from a jpg and print 's it on the lower left corner, In order to get the gps data I have found a tool called jhead. In know that with the help of the imagemagick command convert it is possible to print text on the pictures. ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: flash80
11 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grab all jpg's from flickr

Hi everyone, i'm trying to download all the jpg's that my school put on flickr and im trying to do this with wget via a bash script. The pictures that im trying to pull are on this site : and below is my script that doesn't appear to be working (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: binary-ninja
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Wget - working in browser but cannot download from wget

Hi, I need to download a zip file from my the below US govt link. https://www.sam.gov/SAMPortal/extractfiledownload?role=WW&version=SAM&filename=SAM_PUBLIC_MONTHLY_20160207.ZIP I only have wget utility installed on the server. When I use the below command, I am getting error 403... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prasannag87
2 Replies
WWW::RobotRules(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				      WWW::RobotRules(3pm)

NAME
WWW::RobotRules - database of robots.txt-derived permissions SYNOPSIS
use WWW::RobotRules; my $rules = WWW::RobotRules->new('MOMspider/1.0'); use LWP::Simple qw(get); { my $url = "http://some.place/robots.txt"; my $robots_txt = get $url; $rules->parse($url, $robots_txt) if defined $robots_txt; } { my $url = "http://some.other.place/robots.txt"; my $robots_txt = get $url; $rules->parse($url, $robots_txt) if defined $robots_txt; } # Now we can check if a URL is valid for those servers # whose "robots.txt" files we've gotten and parsed: if($rules->allowed($url)) { $c = get $url; ... } DESCRIPTION
This module parses /robots.txt files as specified in "A Standard for Robot Exclusion", at <http://www.robotstxt.org/wc/norobots.html> Webmasters can use the /robots.txt file to forbid conforming robots from accessing parts of their web site. The parsed files are kept in a WWW::RobotRules object, and this object provides methods to check if access to a given URL is prohibited. The same WWW::RobotRules object can be used for one or more parsed /robots.txt files on any number of hosts. The following methods are provided: $rules = WWW::RobotRules->new($robot_name) This is the constructor for WWW::RobotRules objects. The first argument given to new() is the name of the robot. $rules->parse($robot_txt_url, $content, $fresh_until) The parse() method takes as arguments the URL that was used to retrieve the /robots.txt file, and the contents of the file. $rules->allowed($uri) Returns TRUE if this robot is allowed to retrieve this URL. $rules->agent([$name]) Get/set the agent name. NOTE: Changing the agent name will clear the robots.txt rules and expire times out of the cache. ROBOTS.TXT The format and semantics of the "/robots.txt" file are as follows (this is an edited abstract of <http://www.robotstxt.org/wc/norobots.html>): The file consists of one or more records separated by one or more blank lines. Each record contains lines of the form <field-name>: <value> The field name is case insensitive. Text after the '#' character on a line is ignored during parsing. This is used for comments. The following <field-names> can be used: User-Agent The value of this field is the name of the robot the record is describing access policy for. If more than one User-Agent field is present the record describes an identical access policy for more than one robot. At least one field needs to be present per record. If the value is '*', the record describes the default access policy for any robot that has not not matched any of the other records. The User-Agent fields must occur before the Disallow fields. If a record contains a User-Agent field after a Disallow field, that constitutes a malformed record. This parser will assume that a blank line should have been placed before that User-Agent field, and will break the record into two. All the fields before the User-Agent field will constitute a record, and the User-Agent field will be the first field in a new record. Disallow The value of this field specifies a partial URL that is not to be visited. This can be a full path, or a partial path; any URL that starts with this value will not be retrieved Unrecognized records are ignored. ROBOTS.TXT EXAMPLES The following example "/robots.txt" file specifies that no robots should visit any URL starting with "/cyberworld/map/" or "/tmp/": User-agent: * Disallow: /cyberworld/map/ # This is an infinite virtual URL space Disallow: /tmp/ # these will soon disappear This example "/robots.txt" file specifies that no robots should visit any URL starting with "/cyberworld/map/", except the robot called "cybermapper": User-agent: * Disallow: /cyberworld/map/ # This is an infinite virtual URL space # Cybermapper knows where to go. User-agent: cybermapper Disallow: This example indicates that no robots should visit this site further: # go away User-agent: * Disallow: / This is an example of a malformed robots.txt file. # robots.txt for ancientcastle.example.com # I've locked myself away. User-agent: * Disallow: / # The castle is your home now, so you can go anywhere you like. User-agent: Belle Disallow: /west-wing/ # except the west wing! # It's good to be the Prince... User-agent: Beast Disallow: This file is missing the required blank lines between records. However, the intention is clear. SEE ALSO
LWP::RobotUA, WWW::RobotRules::AnyDBM_File COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1995-2009, Gisle Aas Copyright 1995, Martijn Koster This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.10.1 2011-03-13 WWW::RobotRules(3pm)