Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Viewing XLSB file in Unix
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Viewing XLSB file in Unix Post 302714273 by narachaid on Friday 12th of October 2012 02:40:39 AM
Old 10-12-2012
Viewing XLSB file in Unix

Hello,
Does anyone know how to view an XLSB file in unix?
Thank you.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Viewing unix jaz disk in Linux Mandrake..Can I??

Can I utilize Linux to read a Unix formatted Jaz drive in linux mandrake... Basically are the ext2 files compatible... I seem to be having a rather nasty time due to my ignorance on the platform... Help would be much apprecited Thanks !! T.J.:( ;) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mpmania
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

viewing are .tar.gz file

I have a dilema. We have a .tar.gz file that is 2.2 GB. I can't xfer to another machine with ftp, because ftp chokes on the 2 gb size. We can't uncompress the tarball either because it will blow any filesystem we have on this Sun box. Is there a way to view or even extract certain files from... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lawadm1
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Viewing the cron file

Hi All, I am trying to look into the crontab file present in /var/spool/cron/crontab. A file with the name of the superuser name is present there with the -r-------- permission. Even I am logged in using the same superuser id. But while am trying to cat that, its prompting permission denied. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rinku11
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Viewing files of another unix server (in a folder)

I think that's what I'm trying to do. This is the problem: I log onto my comp, Comp1. Then, from the terminal, since my web server is on another comp, I type: xrlogin Comp2, so I log on to that computer. I then navigate to my directory by typing: cd /domain/myDir, so I am in my directory, on the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Djaunl
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Viewing Directory Content as You Navigate Directories in UNIX

Hi, Can someone help me figure out how to view directory content while I navigate directories (without having to go to the actual directory and "ls-ing" it)? Is there some keyboard shortcut for this? For instance, it would be useful if I could see the content of a directory when I'm copying... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shelata
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

viewing spanish file in vi editor

hi, I have a file in unix which contains spanish entries When I try to open the file in vi editor i can see some spaces as shown below when I ftp the same file and see in my machine i can see it clearly what settings i can use while viewing the file in vi plz find some snapshot of the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: trichyselva
1 Replies

7. Linux

Viewing HTML file in network

Hi, I am new to Linux. I have indexnew.html file in /var/www/html. I have to view this file in the browser within the network and without using Apache server. Because, my Apache server gets the request to my application. I used http://localhost/indexnew.html to open the file, but it gets to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vishnukumar
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Viewing a large file

Sometime I have to deal with very large log files and I cannot view them for analysis using more or vi. The attempts to open the files error out saying there is not enough memory. Is there any tool or method with which I can go through huge files? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rcchume
2 Replies

9. Homework & Coursework Questions

UNIX- Database creating/viewing/updating assignment

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: I have posted the assignment below, I am new to unix programming and am having a very hard time knowing where... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: student1989
5 Replies
xpamethod(7)							SAORD Documentation						      xpamethod(7)

NAME
XPAMethod - XPA Communication Methods SYNOPSIS
XPA supports both inet and unix (local) socket communication. DESCRIPTION
XPA uses sockets for communication between processes. It supports three methods of socket communication: inet, localhost, and unix. In gen- eral, the same method should be employed for all XPA processes in a session and the global environment variable XPA_METHOD should be used to set up the desired method. By default, the preferred method is "inet", which is appropriate for most users. You can set up a different method by typing something like: setenv XPA_METHOD local # unix csh XPA_METHOD=local; export XPA_METHOD # unix sh, bash, windows/cygwin set XPA_METHOD=localhost # dos/windows The options for XPA_METHOD are: inet, unix (or local), and localhost. On Unix machines, this environment setup command can be placed in your shell init file (.cshrc, .profile, .bashrc, etc.) On Windows platforms, it can be placed in your AUTOEXEC.BAT file (I think!). By default, inet sockets are used by XPA. These are the standard Internet sockets that are used by programs such as Netscape, ftp. etc. Inet sockets utilize the IP address of the given machine and a (usually random) port number to communicate between processes on the same machine or between different machines on the Internet. (Note that XPA has an Access Control mechanism to prevent unauthorized access of XPA access points by other computers on the Net). For users connected to the Internet, this usually is the appropriate communication method. For more information about setting up XPA communication between machines, see Communication Between Machines. In you are using XPA on a machine without an Internet connection, then inet sockets are not appropriate. In fact, an XPA process often will hang for many seconds while waiting for a response from the Domain Name Service (DNS) when using inet sockets. Instead of inet sockets, users on Unix platforms can also use unix sockets (also known as local sockets). These sockets are based on the local file system and do not make use of the DNS. They generally are considered to be faster than inet sockets, but they are not implemented under Windows. Use local sockets as a first resort if you are on a Unix machine that is not connected to the Internet. Users not connected to the Internet also can use localhost sockets. These are also inet-type sockets but the IP address used for the local machine is the localhost address, 0x7F000001, instead of the real IP of the machine. Depending on how sockets are set up for a given plat- form, communication with the DNS usually is not required in this case (though of course, XPA cannot interact with other machines). The localhost method will generally work on both Unix and Windows platforms, but whether the DNS is required or not is subject to individual configurations. A final warning/reminder: if your XPA-enabled server hangs at startup time and your XPA_METHOD is inet, the problem probably is related to an incorrect Internet configuration. This can be confirmed by using the unix method or (usually) the localhost method. You can use these alternate methods if other hosts do not need access to the XPA server. SEE ALSO
See xpa(7) for a list of XPA help pages version 2.1.14 June 7, 2012 xpamethod(7)