Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Linux (Ubuntu) = Unix (NOT IMPORTANT - NO RUSH) Post 302714001 by Corona688 on Thursday 11th of October 2012 02:35:26 PM
Old 10-11-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linux_Guy
I guess the question is. I'm looking for something without a GUI for the most part.
If you don't want a GUI, don't install one. They're generally optional.

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Few Important doubts and questions..(Unix/Shell)

Hi All, I have a few questions which I am unable to solve/answer. Please help me with them:- Command in Unix to determine if a Host is connected to the internet ? If a parenet process is killed what happens to the child process? How do I print the first 10 lines of a file in the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shubhranshu
1 Replies

2. Linux

Important Service Linux

Hi there; I need to know all the things about services which help my Linux OS running. So what're important services of LINUX OS ? Anyone can help me... Tks all ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: quan0509
1 Replies

3. Ubuntu

XP and Linux (Ubuntu) on same disk, Can I install Ubuntu on not-yet partitioned portion of disk?

My PC (Esprimo, 3 yeas old) has one hard drive having 2 partitions C: (80 GB NTFS, XP) and D: (120 GB NTFS, empty) and and a 200 MB area that yet is not-partitioned. I would like to try Ubuntu and to install Ubuntu on the not-partitioned area . The idea is to have the possibility to run... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: C.Weidemann
7 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

UNIX: Building The Most Important OS in the World By John Loeffler

Nice UNIX history article by John Loeffler, February, 05th 2019 UNIX: Building The Most Important OS in the World The most widely used operating system in the world was a project born out of failure. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies
XDG-SU(1)																 XDG-SU(1)

NAME
xdg-su - run a GUI program as root after prompting for the root password SYNOPSIS
xdg-su [-u user] -c command xdg-su {--help --manual --version} DESCRIPTION
xdg-su provides a graphical dialog that prompts the user for a password to run command as user or as root if no user was specified. xdg-su is for use inside a desktop session only. xdg-su discards any stdout and stderr output from command. OPTIONS
-u user run command as user. The default is to run as root. --help Show command synopsis. --manual Show this manualpage. --version Show the xdg-utils version information. EXIT CODES
An exit code of 0 indicates success while a non-zero exit code indicates failure. The following failure codes can be returned: 1 Error in command line syntax. 2 One of the files passed on the command line did not exist. 3 A required tool could not be found. 4 The action failed. SEE ALSO
su(1) EXAMPLES
xdg-su -u root -c "/opt/shinythings/bin/install-GUI --install fast" Runs the /opt/shinythings/bin/install-GUI command with root permissions. AUTHOR
Kevin Krammer, Jeremy White. <kevin.krammer@gmx.at> <jwhite@codeweavers.com> This is release 0.5 of the xdg-su Manual 07/31/2006 XDG-SU(1)