Sponsored Content
The Lounge War Stories Anger management at work without others finding out Post 302713537 by hedkandi on Thursday 11th of October 2012 12:37:42 AM
Old 10-11-2012
At my place anyone [meaning everyone, from service desk, to apps team] can do whatever they want on any servers, and its not even important to let me know whats going on until someone screws up then I go FIXIT. I earnestly tried to fix this but I was shot down too many times so i dont care nomore

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script doesn't work, but commands inside work

Howdie everyone... I have a shell script RemoveFiles.sh Inside this file, it only has two commands as below: rm -f ../../reportToday/temp/* rm -f ../../report/* My problem is that when i execute this script, nothing happened. Files remained unremoved. I don't see any error message as it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cheongww
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

finding duplicate files by size and finding pattern matching and its count

Hi, I have a challenging task,in which i have to find the duplicate files by its name and size,then i need to take anyone of the file.Then i need to open the file and find for more than one pattern and count of that pattern. Note:These are the samples of two files,but i can have more... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jerome Sukumar
2 Replies

3. UNIX and Linux Applications

Password management / centralized password management

Hello all, I need help for build server call as Password management / centralized password management server. My situation and example: I have 600 server in my server room running on Linux then I need 1 server only can create login/password and then user can login to all 600 server no... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sheikh76
2 Replies

4. IP Networking

NIC will not work, but it did work.

I have a client machine that was built and loaded with SCO UNIX 2.1.3, (yes it is old). The machine worked fine on the closed network that I tested on in my shop. I then had to change it to the network that it would be connected to. Below is the host file, router and subnet mask file that I usually... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: NC user
0 Replies

5. IP Networking

IP Management

Hello all, I was wondering which way do you use to manage you IPs? For example in our case we have excel sheets and we export them in html first and import it to a server running apache, so to be visible from all. But i was wondering if there are any way (prefer a way running in web server)... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: @dagio
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

My script work on Linux but not work in sunos.

My script work on Linux but not work in sun os. my script. logFiles="sentLog1.log sentLog2.log" intial_time="0 0" logLocation="/usr/local/tomcat/logs/" sleepTime=600 failMessage=":: $(tput bold)Log not update$(tput rmso) = " successMessage="OK" arr=($logFiles)... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ooilinlove
7 Replies

7. IP Networking

Discussion at work, would a router work pluging a cable in wan1 and lan1?

hi all. and sorry for the random question, but this sparkled a raging flame-war at work and i want more points of view situation a router, with linux of some sort, dhcp client requesting for ip in wan1 (as usual with wan ports) dhcp server listening in lan1, and assigning ip (as usual... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: broli
9 Replies

8. What is on Your Mind?

Individual Risk Management (Personal IT Security) and Browser Cache Management

Original post from this thread on browser caching. To add to this, it is an effective security measure to clear absolutely all cached data (cookies, web content, ....) when closing the browser - i.e. in case of a shutdown. It takes a bit of work to re-login to all the sites but websites will not... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bakunin
7 Replies
yum-debug-dump(1)														 yum-debug-dump(1)

NAME
yum-debug-dump - write system RPM configuration to a debug-dump file SYNOPSIS
yum-debug-dump DESCRIPTION
yum-debug-dump is a program which creates a gzipped file containing a lot of information useful to developers trying to debug a problem. By default it will output a file to the current working directory named yum_debug_dump-<hostname>-<time>.txt.gz. This file contains no pri- vate information but does contain a complete list of all packages you have installed, all packages available in any repository, important configuration and system information. You can view this file using the 'zless' command. You can use the coresponding program yum-debug-restore to act on this file and restore a set of packages (much like dump/restore). FILES
As yum-debug-dump uses YUM libraries for retrieving all the information, it relies on YUM configuration for its default values like which repositories to use. Consult YUM documentation for details: /etc/yum.conf /etc/yum/repos.d/ /var/cache/yum/ SEE ALSO
yum-debug-restore (1) yum.conf (5) http://yum.baseurl.org/ AUTHORS
See the Authors file included with this program. BUGS
There are of course no bugs, but should you find any, you should first consult the FAQ section on http://yum.baseurl.org/wiki/Faq and if unsuccessful in finding a resolution contact the mailing list: yum-devel@lists.baseurl.org. To file a bug use http://bugzilla.redhat.com for Fedora/RHEL/Centos related bugs and http://yum.baseurl.org/report for all other bugs. Seth Vidal 28 April 2008 yum-debug-dump(1)