Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Find Computer Location
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Find Computer Location Post 302711461 by budiantho_indra on Saturday 6th of October 2012 11:54:29 AM
Old 10-06-2012
Find Computer Location

Hi, there, How to know location of a computer where its IP Address and Computer name is known? tx

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

find computer names from IP addresses?

Arright, here's what I'm trying to do. I want to dig up currently active IP addresses on my subnet, and my present strategy is to ping every address until I find active ones, then ping them more often to verify their status. Next, I want to find the names of the computers associated with those... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sladuuch
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find the job and its location

Guys; I first I thank you for helping me few times in the past; A job runs every day at 8AM and looks for a file “abcd.txt” in directory “/usr/task/tmp”. How to find the job and its location. I need to change the file name to “abcd.dat”. it is UNIX environment. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: clem2610
2 Replies

3. IP Networking

How to find the IP address of a computer that I am connected to?

Hi all, One of my computers (an iMac) was recently stolen, but I have been able to connect to it over the internet through Apple's 'back to my mac' feature. In order for the police to find these people they need to know the IP address of the stolen computer. I suspect that I will have find the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: RJFoulston
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

df -h command, can't seem to find real location

Hi, I need your help. I am at a new place, just trying to understand what's going on here. When I do df -h, I see many mounts. But most of them are automount, how do I find the real location? netappt1:/vol/homet2/sthan 1.7T 1.2T 527G 69% /home/sthan... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: samnyc
4 Replies

5. Hardware

Trying to find a compatible OS for an old computer

Hello A friend and I recently got our hands on an old computer (a rainbow '83 I think), cleaned it, etc... And now we're trying to get the thing running. The problem is that the included OS is badly documented, so I thought of installing an old version of UNIX on it. So the questions are: Is that... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ijiboom
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find a existing file location and directory location in Solaris box?

Hi This is my third past and very impressed with previous post replies Hoping the same for below query How to find a existing file location and directory location in solaris box (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: buzzme
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find the location of particular file and directory

hi all, i am new to UNIX environment. i have a file and directory with same name, i don't know the location I want to find location of that file and directory. please suggest a solution. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahesh1987
5 Replies

8. Red Hat

Find cpu location

Hi guys we have come corrected errors and i would like to know where is cpu 23 located physicaly... :( here the lscpu output (2 socket, 6 cores intel cpu): # lscpu Architecture: x86_64 CPU op-mode(s): 32-bit, 64-bit Byte Order: Little Endian CPU(s): ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: beta17
1 Replies

9. IP Networking

Where to find IP address to location data?

I'm trying to remotely probe a range of IP addresses. First I need a list of IP addresses for a very small geographic area. I've had a lot of trouble obtaining them. I would like to find a database or something. Suppose I do get the data. Can I see if that IP address is in use by someone? Can I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rockandAir
2 Replies
machid(1)							   User Commands							 machid(1)

NAME
machid, sun, iAPX286, i286, i386, i486, i860, pdp11, sparc, u3b, u3b2, u3b5, u3b15, vax, u370 - get processor type truth value SYNOPSIS
sun iAPX286 i386 pdp11 sparc u3b u3b2 u3b5 u3b15 vax u370 DESCRIPTION
The following commands will return a true value (exit code of 0) if you are using an instruction set that the command name indicates. sun True if you are on a Sun system. iAPX286 True if you are on a computer using an iAPX286 processor. i386 True if you are on a computer using an iAPX386 processor. pdp11 True if you are on a PDP-11/45tm or PDP-11/70tm. sparc True if you are on a computer using a SPARC-family processor. u3b True if you are on a 3B20 computer. u3b2 True if you are on a 3B2 computer. u3b5 True if you are on a 3B5 computer. u3b15 True if you are on a 3B15 computer. vax True if you are on a VAX-11/750tm or VAX-11/780tm. u370 True if you are on an IBM(R) System/370tm computer. The commands that do not apply will return a false (non-zero) value. These commands are often used within makefiles (see make(1S)) and shell scripts (see sh(1)) to increase portability. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
make(1S), sh(1), test(1), true(1), uname(1), attributes(5) NOTES
The machid family of commands is obsolete. Use uname -p and uname -m instead. SunOS 5.11 5 Jul 1990 machid(1)