Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Get 20% of lines in File randomly Post 302708391 by chercheur857 on Monday 1st of October 2012 12:44:12 PM
Old 10-01-2012
@Lem: thank you so much for help, i test your solution it works Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to select a value randomly

on my desktop i am using the kde rotating desktop image option. this rotates images randomly every half hour. now, i would like to write an html file which will have an inline frame with some text, maybe system messages, or my friends live journal thati read alot, or unix.com! however, i dont want... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: norsk hedensk
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read line from file randomly

I have data file with customer.dat, and this contains the customer names >cat customer.dat FirstName1 LastName1 FistName2 LastName1 FistName3 MiddleName3 LastName3 This file can contain areoun 100 customer names. Regards, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: McLan
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

use awk to read randomly located columns in an excel file

Hi, I have an excel file that have a random count of columns/fields and what im trying to do is to only retrieve all the rows under 2 specific field headers. I can use the usually command for awk which is awk 'print{ $1 $2}' > output.txt, but the location of the 2 specific field headers is... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: mdap
9 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

randomly renaming files

I have a directory of files that look like filename 001.ext, filename 002.ext, etc. I'd like to rename the files with unique random numbered names, so that the original filenames are stripped and the files are given a new, random number name. I'm not super new to UNIX, but I don't often use it for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: platz
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cron job randomly once a day

I want to create a cron job randomly once a day for my site's registration. The responsible file for registrations is a config file and I need to change the contents twice on day (on and off) I know the way for random cron job for example */n * * * * /usr/local/bin/php... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: lucker
6 Replies

6. Programming

Java application dying randomly

Hi, (First post, please be gental!) I have a java app that I am running on unix (centos) But it keeps dying randomly. The times seem random from anything between 3 hours and 3 days. I have a cronjob running to restart it when ever it dies but I would rather this happened less often. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sm9ai
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to randomly select lines from a text file

I have a text file with 1000 lines, I want to randomly select 200 lines from it and print them as output. How do I go about doing that? Thanks! (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: evelibertine
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Randomly inserting extra columns into csv file

Hi Tech Guru, I have a test file as below , which needs some more fields to be populated randomly : dks3243;12;20130823;1420;25m;0;syt dks3243;rocy;10 dks3243;kiop;18 sde21p4;77;20151210;8479;7py;9;vfr sde21p4;temp;67 sfq6i01;12;20120123;3412;4rd;7;jui sfq6i01;uymk;90 sfq6i01;kiop;51 ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lokesha
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Randomly create time in UNIX

Hey, How can i create randomly create time N times. Suppose i want to create data for a particualr date 5 times... Mon Jan 19 11:42:50 Mon Jan 19 19:16:40 Mon Jan 19 12:12:33 Mon Jan 19 14:26:27 Mon Jan 19 12:29:53 Mon Jan 19 13:30:31 I want the script to create N times randome... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaituteja
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to select lines randomly without replacement in UNIX?

Dear Folks I have one column of 15000 lines and want to select randomly 5000 of them in five different times without replacement. I am aware that command 'shuf' and 'sort -R' could select randomly those lines but I am not sure how could I avoid the replacement of selection line. Does anyone have... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: sajmar
10 Replies
sptrfs.f(3)							      LAPACK							       sptrfs.f(3)

NAME
sptrfs.f - SYNOPSIS
Functions/Subroutines subroutine sptrfs (N, NRHS, D, E, DF, EF, B, LDB, X, LDX, FERR, BERR, WORK, INFO) SPTRFS Function/Subroutine Documentation subroutine sptrfs (integerN, integerNRHS, real, dimension( * )D, real, dimension( * )E, real, dimension( * )DF, real, dimension( * )EF, real, dimension( ldb, * )B, integerLDB, real, dimension( ldx, * )X, integerLDX, real, dimension( * )FERR, real, dimension( * )BERR, real, dimension( * )WORK, integerINFO) SPTRFS Purpose: SPTRFS improves the computed solution to a system of linear equations when the coefficient matrix is symmetric positive definite and tridiagonal, and provides error bounds and backward error estimates for the solution. Parameters: N N is INTEGER The order of the matrix A. N >= 0. NRHS NRHS is INTEGER The number of right hand sides, i.e., the number of columns of the matrix B. NRHS >= 0. D D is REAL array, dimension (N) The n diagonal elements of the tridiagonal matrix A. E E is REAL array, dimension (N-1) The (n-1) subdiagonal elements of the tridiagonal matrix A. DF DF is REAL array, dimension (N) The n diagonal elements of the diagonal matrix D from the factorization computed by SPTTRF. EF EF is REAL array, dimension (N-1) The (n-1) subdiagonal elements of the unit bidiagonal factor L from the factorization computed by SPTTRF. B B is REAL array, dimension (LDB,NRHS) The right hand side matrix B. LDB LDB is INTEGER The leading dimension of the array B. LDB >= max(1,N). X X is REAL array, dimension (LDX,NRHS) On entry, the solution matrix X, as computed by SPTTRS. On exit, the improved solution matrix X. LDX LDX is INTEGER The leading dimension of the array X. LDX >= max(1,N). FERR FERR is REAL array, dimension (NRHS) The forward error bound for each solution vector X(j) (the j-th column of the solution matrix X). If XTRUE is the true solution corresponding to X(j), FERR(j) is an estimated upper bound for the magnitude of the largest element in (X(j) - XTRUE) divided by the magnitude of the largest element in X(j). BERR BERR is REAL array, dimension (NRHS) The componentwise relative backward error of each solution vector X(j) (i.e., the smallest relative change in any element of A or B that makes X(j) an exact solution). WORK WORK is REAL array, dimension (2*N) INFO INFO is INTEGER = 0: successful exit < 0: if INFO = -i, the i-th argument had an illegal value Internal Parameters: ITMAX is the maximum number of steps of iterative refinement. Author: Univ. of Tennessee Univ. of California Berkeley Univ. of Colorado Denver NAG Ltd. Date: November 2011 Definition at line 163 of file sptrfs.f. Author Generated automatically by Doxygen for LAPACK from the source code. Version 3.4.1 Sun May 26 2013 sptrfs.f(3)