Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers copy file using unix in multiple directories Post 302708051 by pamu on Monday 1st of October 2012 02:52:39 AM
Old 10-01-2012
try this..

Code:
 for i in $(find /HOME/dir/IXOS1/dir1/ -type d -print)
 do
 cp /input_path/XYZ "$i"
 done

just for your verification of your directories try the output of..
Code:
find /HOME/dir/IXOS1/dir1/ -type d -print

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Copy Directories in to UNIX server

I have software on Z drive " I map it " , its about 50 MB , I want to copy the whole directory in to unix server , under some folder ... What are the steps how Ican perform this ? I have UNIX user name and password and rights to create files and folders.. Remember I want to copy all the folder... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: khan1978
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

copy multiple files in different directories

I have a report file that is generated every day by a scheduled process. Each day the file is written to a directory named .../blah_blah/Y07/MM-DD-YY/reportmmddyy.tab I want to copy all of this reports to a separate directory without having to do it one by one. However, if I try cp... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ken2834
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copy single file to multiple directories

Please help - I need to copy a single file to multiple directories. Dir structure: Parent_Directoy Filename1 Child_Directory1 Child_Directory2 Child_Directory3 Child_Directory4 .... So I need to copy Filename1 to all of the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kthatch
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copy file into directories and sub-directories

Hello- I need to copy a file into multiple directories, and each directory's sub-directories (of which there are 5) Currently, the parent directory is set up like this: dir1 sub-dir1 sub-dir2 sub-dir3 sub-dir4 sub-dir5 dir2 sub-dir1 sub-dir2 sub-dir3 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: penlok
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help with simple unix file copy and output in directories

Hi, I am fairly new to unix, and am trying to copy all files with the name "*.cons" within a directory (and all of the many directories within it) to a new directory called "output". There are multiple nested directories, and I would like to just pull out the files with ".cons" and not the other... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: euspilapteryx
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy one folder to multiple directories

Hello, I have a small question and i hope someone can help me, if i have 200 domains directories in my server under this directory something like now how i can copy one folder i have to this directories? Thank You (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: GamGom
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy files from multiple directories into one directory without overwriting them

I have several directories and all those directories have .dat files in them. I want to copy all those .dat files to one directory say "collected_directory" The problem is I don't want to overwrite files. So, if two file names match, I don't want the old file to be overwritten with a new one. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shoaibjameel123
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy files/directories excluding multiple paterns

my directory structure is like below: basedir\ p.txt q.htm r.java b\ abc.htm xyz.java c\ p.htm q.java rst.txt my requirement is i want to copy all the files and directories... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajayyadavmca
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy directories in make file

LD:=C:/WindRiver/diab/5.9.3.0/WIN32/bin/dld.exe CFILES:=$(wildcard *.c) OBJFILES:=$(subst .c,.o, $(CFILES)) OBJ_PATH:=$(PRJ_PATH)/out/ ADDOBJFILES := $(addprefix $(OBJ_PATH),$(OBJFILES)) FILES:=C:/EB/tresos/workspace/Test_Spi/output/src copyfiles: cp ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ushacy
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to copy particular files from a multiple directories and paste in a new directory?

Dear all I have a multiple directories, say for example org1, org2, org3 ..... org100 and each directory having a file namely dnaG.fasta. I need to copy all the dnaG.fasta file from each directory and paste in another directory fastconcatg. Therefore, my script has to copy dnaG.fasta file from... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dineshkumarsrk
5 Replies
fatsort(1)						      General Commands Manual							fatsort(1)

NAME
FATSort - FAT filesystem sorting utility SYNOPSIS
fatsort [options] device DESCRIPTION
FATsort sorts directory structures of FAT filesystems. Many MP3 hardware players don't sort files automatically but play them in the order they were transmitted to the device. FATSort can help here. OPTIONS
-c This option causes FATSort to ignore the case of filenames (e.g. 'example.mp3' is equal to 'EXAMPLE.MP3'). -f Force sorting even if the device is mounted or if FATSort cannot determine if the device is mounted. -h Shows some help information. -i Prints some file system information of the specified device. -l FATSort will not sort directory structures, but just print the current order. -o type This options specifies how FATSort will sort files and directories. type can be 'd' for directories before files (which is the default), 'f' for files before directories, or 'a' for no differentiation between files and directories. -n Uses natural order to sort directory structures instead of alphanumeric order. For example, an alphanumeric order would be file123.mp3 file21.mp3 file3.mp3 and the corresponding natural order would be file3.mp3 file21.mp3 file123.mp3. -q FATSort will work quietly without printing additional information messages. -r Sorts the directories in reverse order (Z-A). -R Sorts the directories in random order. -v Shows version information only. The following options can be specified multiple times: -d directory Sort directory only -D directory Sort directory and all subdirectories -x directory Don't sort directory -X directory Don't sort directory and all subdirectories -I prefix Ignore filename prefix prefix during sorting. For example, passing option -I "the " tells FATSort to sort 'The Beatles.mp3' like 'Beatles.mp3'. EXAMPLES
Sort FAT filesystem on an USB stick: fatsort /dev/sda1 Sort FAT filesystem in a file: fatsort /home/user/fat16_fs.img Sort directory /dir1 and all subdirectories except /dir1/dirA: fatsort /dev/sda1 -D /dir1 -x /dir1/dirA Ignore prefixes 'a ' and 'the ' during sorting: fatsort /dev/sda1 -I "a " -I "the " AUTHOR
Boris Leidner <fatsort(at)formenos.de> SEE ALSO
mount(8) fsck(8) NOTES
FAT12 is not supported yet. REPORT BUGS
Please report bugs to fatsort(at)formenos.de. Thanks. FATSort 0.9.15 2011 fatsort(1)