Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Chroot sftp users, remote sftp login shows wrong timestamp on files Post 302705651 by bobby320 on Tuesday 25th of September 2012 10:09:27 AM
Old 09-25-2012
Yes, I checked both servers are in same time zone.

If I sftp to same server, as a user which is not part for chroot'ed group, I dont see any difference in timestamp, its perfectly the same.

I see this issue only with chroot'ed group users, any idea who to disable this from misinterpreting.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

SFTP is successful but still shows timeout error

Hi, I am doing sftp from remote server1 to remote server2. This is done through a script. This script was working fine. But if i am tranfer files of 120 MB only some part of the file gets transferred (around 9 MB). Incase i put the same file manually it gets uploaded successfully. Can... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: subiksha
1 Replies

2. Solaris

SSH & SFTP Chroot

Hello all, does anybody knows a procedure to enable an chroot for users using ssh and sftp ? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: celord
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove remote files using SFTP

Hello All, I am really looking for your help regards to the below issue.:wall: My requirement is to get the files from the remote server using SFTP and then remove the retrieved files in the remote directory. File names are unique in the remote directory. so first I will need to get the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinayparakala
5 Replies

4. Red Hat

chroot sftp, samba share, ownership issue linux hosts

Hello, I have sftp server with chroot for a group and username is on a Linux host, I have created a few subdirectories under sftpuser home directories with 775. Then using a Samba I shared this user home directory to another linux client. On the Linux client, I have jboss user to access... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobby320
2 Replies

5. Red Hat

sftp jail chroot env setup

Hi I need a specific user to be able to sftp to a server and get files from a specific location. The location is not the users home dir, i don't want the user to be able to view anything else apart from the files in that area. e.g ftp file are is - /logging/phplogs e.g user home is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: duckeggs01
1 Replies

6. AIX

sftp chroot + winbind + ad

I have next configuration : - AIX 5.3 (5300-11-03-1013) - pWare.SAMBA 3.5.8.1 - OpenSSH 5.2.0 - OpenSSL 0.9.8 Now, to be more clearly I'll explain what I need indeed. My task is set up integration AIX server to Active Directory 2008 with Samba (Winbind) for chrooted SSH connections. It... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jess_t03
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

SFTP script to automate login in to remote server

Greetings, guys. I'm not much of a programmer forgive me for being a noob, because of someone leaving, I was put in an IT spot where I have to figure out a few things. Being new to Linux and programming has been a challenge. My boss has asked me to create an automated script to connect to a 3rd... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: giovannym
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with moving files on remote server using sftp

I need to sftp a file ABC_sysdate.csv (File name with system date and timestamp) to a temporary directory on the remote server and once the file is copied I've to move the file from temporary directory to the main directory with the same name. I have to generate a new file every hour and repeat... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: srinup
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Test if Remote server is up and running before SFTP'ing files (in batch mode)

Hello, In our Data Warehouse environment, before our batch SFTP jobs kick off to pull the files from remote servers, I would like to setup a pre-sftp job that would test if all the remote servers from where the files are being pulled, are up and running. If any one of the remote serer is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dippu
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rename (move) multiple files on remote server using sftp

I want to rename (move) multiple files on remote server. I tried the following command to move all TXT files from my_dir directory to /new_dir. But it does not work. Any help? #!/bin/ksh sftp -dev3 << ABC cd my_dir $(for i in TXT; do echo "ls *.$i" ; rename $x /new_dir/$x;... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Soham
1 Replies
RSSH.CONF(5)							  Derek D. Martin						      RSSH.CONF(5)

NAME
/etc/rssh.conf - configuration file for rssh OVERVIEW
rssh.conf is the configuration file for rssh. It allows the system administrator to control the behavior of the shell. Configuration key- words are either used by themselves on a line, or followed by an equal sign ('=') and a configuration value. Comments start with a hash ('#') and can occur anywhere on the line. Configuration options are case insensitive. Spaces at the beginning or end of line, or between the equal sign and the configuration keywords or values are ignored. If the value of a configuration option contains spaces, it (or at least the space) must be enclosed in either single or double quotes. A default configuration file is provided with the source distribution of rssh. If the configuration file is missing or contains errors, ssh will lock out all users. If a config file is present, the default is to lock out users if no services have been explicitly allowed. New in v2.1 is the ability to configure options on a per-user basis, using the user keyword. More details are below. CONFIGURATION KEYWORDS
allowscp Tells the shell that scp is allowed. allowsftp Tells the shell that sftp is allowed. allowcvs Tells the shell that cvs is allowed. allowrdist Tells the shell that rdist is allowed. allowrsync Tells the shell that rsync is allowed. allowsvnserve Tells the shell that svnserve is allowed. umask Sets the umask value for file creations in the scp/sftp session. This is normally set at login time by the user's shell. In order not to use the system default, rssh must set the umask. logfacility Allows the system administrator to control what syslog facility rssh logs to. The facilities are the same as those used by sys- logd.conf(5), or the C macros for the facilities can be used instead. For example: logfacility=user logfacility=LOG_USER are equivalent, and tell rssh to use the user facility for logging to syslog. chrootpath Causes rssh (actually a helper program) to call the chroot() system call, changing the root of the file system to whatever directory is specified. Note that the value on the right hand side of the equal sign is the name of a directory, not a command. For example: chrootpath=/usr/chroot will change the root of the virtual file system to /usr/chroot, preventing the user from being able to access anything below /usr/chroot in the file system, and making /usr/chroot appear to be the root directory. Care must be taken to set up a proper chroot jail; see the file CHROOT in the rssh source distribution for hints about how to do this. See also the chroot(2) man page. If the user's home directory (as specified in /etc/passwd) is underneath the path specified by this keyword, then the user will be chdir'd into their home directory. If it is not, then they will be chdir'd to the root of the chroot jail. In other words, if the jail is /chroot, and your user's home directory is /chroot/home/user, then once rssh_chroot_helper changes the root of the system, it will cd into /home/user inside the jail. However, if your user's home directory is given as /home/user in /etc/passwd, then even if that directory exists in the jail, the chroot helper will not try to cd there. The user's normal home directory must live inside the jail for this to work. user The user keyword allows for the configuration of options on a per-user basis. THIS KEYWORD OVERRIDES ALL OTHER KEYWORDS FOR THE SPECIFIED USER. That is, if you use a user keyword for user foo, then foo will use only the settings in that user line, and not any of the settings set with the keywords above. The user keyword's argument consists of a group of fields separated by a colon (':'), as shown below. The fields are, in order: username The username of the user for whom the entry provides options umask The umask for this user, in octal, just as it would be specified to the shell access bits Six binary digits, which indicate whether the user is allowed to use rsync, rdist, cvs, sftp, scp and svnserve, in that order. One means the command is allowed, zero means it is not. path The directory to which this user should be chrooted (this is not a command, it is a directory name). See chroot_path above for complete details. For example, you might have something like this: user = luser:022:000010: This does the following: for the user with the username "luser", set the umask to 022, disallow sftp, and allow scp. Because there is no chroot path specified, the user will not be chrooted, regardless of default options set with the keywords above. If you wanted this user to be chrooted, you would need to specify the chroot path explicitly, even if it should be the same as that set using the chrootpath keyword. Remember that if there are spaces in the path, you need to quote it, something like this: user = "luser:022:000010:/usr/local/chroot dir" See the default rssh.conf file for more examples. SEE ALSO
rssh(1), sshd(8), ssh(1), scp(1), sftp(1), svnserve(8), syslogd.conf(5), chroot(2). man pages 7 Jul 2003 RSSH.CONF(5)