Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming pass value from Oracle sql to Korn shell Post 302704219 by megha2525 on Friday 21st of September 2012 08:50:58 AM
Old 09-21-2012
Still no luck . Am not sure why the process is unable to display the value.
Please let me know what I am missing here.

Thanks
Megha

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Oracle To Korn Shell Array

I'm attempting to populate an array in ksh using the following command: set -A $(SELECT_INVOICE | sed '/^$/d') SELECT_INVOICE is a function that executes the SQL query. Problem: Some of the invoice numbers have alpha characters with spaces(example: OVEN MICRO). The Korn shell is treating... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kdst
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to pass values from oracle sql plus to unix shell script

how to pass values from oracle sql plus to unix shell script (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: trichyselva
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Accessing PL/SQL OUT variables in Korn Shell Script

Hello All, I was just wondering if there is any direct way to access PL/SQL OUT variables from Korn Shell Script. I could already figure out how to return a single value back from PL/SQL to Shell Script (using bind variable). But, what if we want to return multiple values? One option I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bright_future
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Korn Shell and Oracle

Hi Guys, I haven't worked on oracle much but I have a situation where I have to do bdf in all the servers and insert that information into oracle table. I have already created table which have 7 columns, I can insert manually but I dont know how to insert that using Korn shell. SERVER_ID ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: pareshan
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

pass null value to sql script from korn shell script

There are 4 parameters that I have to pass from korn shell to sql script. 1) I have to check if $1 , $2 , $3 and $4 are null values or not . How can I do that ? 2) Once its determined that these values are null (in the sense they are empty) how can I pass null values to sql script... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: megha2525
11 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pass perl array to SQL oracle

Hello, Could someone please suggest if there is a way to pass an perl array(pass @v_array) to SQL as in below eg : #!/usr/bin/perl @v_array = (1,2,4,5,6,8); $db_userid = 'ni71/ni711'; $bufTPO = qx{ sqlplus -s << EOF $db_userid set verify off set feedback off set... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arunshankar.c
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pass values to case statement in a function korn shell

I'm in the process of writng a function that consists of a case statement is there a way of calling the function and passing a value to it? ie function1 () { case opt1 do ..... opt2 do..... esac } function opt1 I'm aware the syntax is not correct, but you get the general idea. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: squrcles
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass Oracle sql script as argument to UNIX shell script?

Hi all, $ echo $SHELL /bin/bash Requirement - How to pass oracle sql script as argument to unix shell script? $ ./output.sh users.sql Below are the shell scripts and the oracle sql file in the same folder. Shell Script $ cat output.sh #!/bin/bash .... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: a1_win
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to pass Oracle SQL output to Linux and back... Help!

Hi all, Hopefully you can help. This is what I'm trying to achieve: Obtain a list of usernames out of an Oracle Database Based on this list, link each username with an Oracle Internet Directory (OID) GUID Using the username and GUID perform a database update for all users Here are the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: exm
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute sql statment in korn shell

I am fairly new to writing scripts, and have gotten a lot of help from this site in the past with many of the posts. I have a question/issue with a script I am attempting to write and have a question regarding executing an sql statement inside of a loop (do while). I have in the past written... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: josbor01
1 Replies
pfexec(1)							   User Commands							 pfexec(1)

NAME
pfexec, pfsh, pfcsh, pfksh - execute a command in a profile SYNOPSIS
/usr/bin/pfexec command /usr/bin/pfexec -P privspec command [ arg ]... /usr/bin/pfsh [ options ] [ argument ]... /usr/bin/pfcsh [ options ] [ argument ]... /usr/bin/pfksh [ options ] [ argument ]... DESCRIPTION
The pfexec program is used to execute commands with the attributes specified by the user's profiles in the exec_attr(4) database. It is invoked by the profile shells, pfsh, pfcsh, and pfksh which are linked to the Bourne shell, C shell, and Korn shell, respectively. Profiles are searched in the order specified in the user's entry in the user_attr(4) database. If the same command appears in more than one profile, the profile shell uses the first matching entry. The second form, pfexec -P privspec, allows a user to obtain the additional privileges awarded to the user's profiles in prof_attr(4). The privileges specification on the commands line is parsed using priv_str_to_set(3C). The resulting privileges are intersected with the union of the privileges specified using the "privs" keyword in prof_attr(4) for all the user's profiles and added to the inheritable set before executing the command. USAGE
pfexec is used to execute commands with predefined process attributes, such as specific user or group IDs. Refer to the sh(1), csh(1), and ksh(1) man pages for complete usage descriptions of the profile shells. EXAMPLES
Example 1 Obtaining additional user privileges example% pfexec -P all chown user file This command runs chown user file with all privileges assigned to the current user, not necessarily all privileges. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. 1 An error occurred. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
csh(1), ksh(1), profiles(1), sh(1), exec_attr(4), prof_attr(4), user_attr(4), attributes(5) SunOS 5.11 3 Mar 2003 pfexec(1)