Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: pattern searching
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting pattern searching Post 302703025 by danish0909 on Wednesday 19th of September 2012 09:10:28 AM
Old 09-19-2012
Dear Vidya,

thats the problem..all files are not in the same format. i have mentioned it in the previous post:

ericsson_msc_live_bln_western1_20120809.jar

ericsson_msc_live_bln_western_20120711.jar

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

pattern searching using C

i think grep can only find char in files matching a pattern without any wildcards like ? correct? It works with * but not ?. how can i write a small c program to find words in a file, like a list, that matches a pattern like ma?y, b??con, etc if grep doesn't understand ? in a pattern search. if... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: giannicello
1 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Searching for a pattern in a Directory

How to search a given pattern in the files which are present in my current working directory and its subdirectories recursively (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gandhevinod
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regarding Searching Pattern

Hi Guys, Can you help with the shell script: I would like to search a fixed width pattern from a file say for each line from a fixed position and lenght it has to return all rows from the file. Example: To search the third column for "def" it has to return 1 and 4th rows only ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbasetty
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pattern searching pattern in c files

I have a problem in searching a specific pattern in c files. My requirement: I have to find all the division operator in all cfiles. The problem is, the multi line comments and single line comments will also have forward slash in it. Even after avoiding these comments also, if both... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: murthybptl
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

searching for a pattern

can anybode tell me ? I want to search for a pattern present in a whole directory and subdirectories's files containg " crat" I tried grep -r "crat" */* ; is it right ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pranabrana
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching a pattern in file and deleting th ewhole line containing the pattern

Hi All, Please can someone assist in the script I have made that searches a pattern in a file and delete the whole line containing the pattern. #!bin/sh # The pattern that user want to add to the files echo "Enter the pattern of the redirect" read value # check if the user has... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Shazin
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching for a pattern

How do I search for a pattern - N/A in a particular column using awk? (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: rabiu
11 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Pattern searching

Hi, I need small help from you people. In a directory there are around 150 odd files and few them contain the word "TRACK" and few are not. How can I find out the the list of those files which doesn't contain the word "TRACK"? Thanks, Siba (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: siba.s.nayak
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

searching pattern in VI

in my file i have somthing likre kpk_12 kpk_1 kpk_1.tcl kpk_3.tcl kpk kpk kpk i want search only kpk i am using this cmd /kpk ...results it is showing all . any cmd is ther other then this to search exactword in this example kpk it shoulsnot show kpk_* etc Thanks in Advance ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prakumar
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching for a pattern and extracting records related to that pattern

Hi there, Looking forward to your advice for the below: I have a file which contains 2 paragraphs related to a particular pattern. I have to search for those paragraphs from a log file and then print a particular line from those paragraphs. Sample: I have one file with the fixed... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: danish0909
3 Replies
VP(4)							     Kernel Interfaces Manual							     VP(4)

NAME
vp - Versatec printer-plotter DESCRIPTION
Vp0 is the interface to a Versatec D1200A printer-plotter with a Versatec C-PDP11(DMA) controller. Ordinarily bytes written on it are interpreted as ASCII characters and printed. As a printer, it writes 64 lines of 132 characters each on 11 by 8.5 inch paper. Only some of the ASCII control characters are interpreted. NL performs the usual new-line function, i.e. spaces up the paper and resets to the left margin. It is ignored however following a CR which ends a non-empty line. CR is ignored if the current line is empty but is otherwise like NL. FF resets to the left margin and then to the top of the next page. EOT resets to the left margin, advances 8 inches, and then performs a FF. The ioctl(2) system call may be used to change the mode of the device. Only the first word of the 3-word argument structure is used. The bits mean: 0400 Enter simultaneous print/plot mode. 0200 Enter plot mode. 0100 Enter print mode (default on open). 040 Send remote terminate. 020 Send remote form-feed. 010 Send remote EOT. 04 Send remote clear. 02 Send remote reset. On open a reset, clear, and form-feed are performed automatically. Notice that the mode bits are not encoded, so that it is required that exactly one be set. In plot mode each byte is interpreted as 8 bits of which the high-order is plotted to the left; a `1' leaves a visible dot. A full line of dots is produced by 264 bytes; lines are terminated only by count or by a remote terminate function. There are 200 dots per inch both ver- tically and horizontally. When simultaneous print-plot mode is entered exactly one line of characters, terminated by NL, CR, or the remote terminate function, should be written. Then the device enters plot mode and at least 20 lines of plotting bytes should be sent. As the line of characters (which is 20 dots high) is printed, the plotting bytes overlay the characters. Notice that it is impossible to print characters on baselines that differ by fewer than 20 dot-lines. In print mode lines may be terminated either with an appropriate ASCII character or by using the remote terminate function. FILES
/dev/vp0 SEE ALSO
opr(1) VP(4)