Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Copying files excluding some files Post 302702233 by balajesuri on Tuesday 18th of September 2012 04:32:19 AM
Old 09-18-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by arijitsaha
abc-bin.000001
abc-bin.000002
abc-bin.000003
abc-bin.000004
abc-bin.000005
abc-bin.000006
abc-bin.000007
abc-bin.000008
abc-bin.000009
abc-bin.000010
abc-bin.index

I want to copy all the files between
abc-bin.000004 and abc-bin.000010 excluding the files abc-bin.000004 and abc-bin.000010.
Quote:
Originally Posted by arijitsaha
The number of those files are getting generated randomly.
Your requirements are contradictory. Is it random or is it in a sequence as described in post #1?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Excluding Old Files on AWK !!!

People, I'm sorry because my english is not very good, I'm from Brazil and I need to create shell script that exclude old files. How can I do this? I have an AWK script that works for Unix TRU64 (DIGITAL) and the same script does not work for SUN SOLARIS 5.8. Follows the script fragment: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexalvarenga
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

search for files excluding binary files

Hi All, I need a solution on my following find command find ./.. -name '*.file' -print BTW This gives me the output as belows ./rtlsim/test/ADCONV0/infile/ad0_dagctst.file ./rtlsim/test/ADCONV0/user_command.file ./rtlsim/test/ADCONV0/simv.daidir/scsim.db.dir/scsim.db.file... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: user_prady
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

listing files excluding files from control file

I have a directory named Project.I have a control file which contains valid list of files.I would like list the files from directory Project which contains files other than listed in the control file. Sample control file: TEST SEND SFFFILE CONTL The directory contains followign... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: ukatru
15 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

copying of files by userB, dir & files owned by userA

I am userB and have a dir /temp1 This dir is owned by me. How do I recursively copy files from another users's dir userA? I need to preserve the original user who created files, original group information, original create date, mod date etc. I tried cp -pr /home/userA/* . ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hangman2
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

cp -Rp excluding certain files?

Hi, I'm using cp -Rp to copy directories while preserving permissions. I want to exclude any ".lproj" files except for "English.lproj" and "en.lproj" from being copied, but the rest is copied as usual. Is there a way to do this (without using tar or other compression utilities) Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pcwiz
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Count number of files in directory excluding existing files

Hi, Please let me know how to find out number of files in a directory excluding existing files..The existing file format will be unknown..each time.. Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ammu
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Files copying - [ Listed files alone. ] - Shell script

Hi All, I am doing this for svn patch making. I got the list of files to make the patch. I have the list in a file with path of all the files. To Do From Directory : /myproject/MainDir To Directory : /myproject/data List of files need to copy is in the file: /myproject/filesList.txt ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxadmin
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Copying excluding some files and folders

I have a main folder. Inside that i have many(50) subfolders. In each subfolder, there are a no of large files(500 files ) present. I want to do copy operation for some files from some of the subfolders to /usr/tmp. I have the list of the subfolders and list of of files which i dont want to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: millan
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Find all files in the current directory excluding hidden files and directories

Find all files in the current directory only excluding hidden directories and files. For the below command, though it's not deleting hidden files.. it is traversing through the hidden directories and listing normal which should be avoided. `find . \( ! -name ".*" -prune \) -mtime +${n_days}... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ksailesh1
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append string to all the files inside a directory excluding subdirectories and .zip files

Hii, Could someone help me to append string to the starting of all the filenames inside a directory but it should exclude .zip files and subdirectories. Eg. file1: test1.log file2: test2.log file3 test.zip After running the script file1: string_test1.log file2: string_test2.log file3:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ravi Kishore
4 Replies
shells(4)							   File Formats 							 shells(4)

NAME
shells - shell database SYNOPSIS
/etc/shells DESCRIPTION
The shells file contains a list of the shells on the system. Applications use this file to determine whether a shell is valid. See getuser- shell(3C). For each shell a single line should be present, consisting of the shell's path, relative to root. A hash mark (#) indicates the beginning of a comment; subsequent characters up to the end of the line are not interpreted by the routines which search the file. Blank lines are also ignored. The following default shells are used by utilities: /bin/bash, /bin/csh, /bin/jsh, /bin/ksh, /bin/pfcsh, /bin/pfksh, /bin/pfsh, /bin/sh, /bin/tcsh, /bin/zsh, /sbin/jsh, /sbin/sh, /usr/bin/bash, /usr/bin/csh, /usr/bin/jsh, /usr/bin/ksh, /usr/bin/pfcsh, /usr/bin/pfksh, /usr/bin/pfsh, and /usr/bin/sh, /usr/bin/tcsh, /usr/bin/zsh. Note that /etc/shells overrides the default list. Invalid shells in /etc/shells may cause unexpected behavior (such as being unable to log in by way of ftp(1)). FILES
/etc/shells lists shells on system SEE ALSO
vipw(1B), ftpd(1M), sendmail(1M), getusershell(3C), aliases(4) SunOS 5.10 4 Jun 2001 shells(4)