Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: passing argument in script?
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting passing argument in script? Post 302701059 by nrjrasaxena on Friday 14th of September 2012 04:02:12 PM
Old 09-14-2012
passing argument in script?

hi,
I want to implement some function to perform following task
Code:
if [ firstArgument is not provided ]; then
$TEXT = "Data_0"
else
$TEXT = $1
fi

if [ secondArgument is not provided]; then
$Lines = 45
else 
$Lines = $2
fi

Kindly suggest,

thanks
Pooja

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Passing argument to awk script

I am writing a shell script. Now i need to read in a string and send it to an awk file to compare and search for compatible record. I wrote it like tat: read serial | awk -f generate.awk data.dat p/s: the data file got 6 field. According to an expert, we can write it like tat: read... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: AkumaTay
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing argument from one script to other

Dear All, I have one script which accepts database name and user_id from the user, i have another script that will unload the data from all the tables based on the user_id accepted by the user. How can i pass the user_id from the 1st script to the other. My OS is sun solaris. Thanks in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lloydnwo
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem when passing argument to a shell script

Hi all, I'm new to Shell scripting. In my shell script for Bourne shell, the script accepts a date parameter which is optional. If the value is supplied, the supplied value should be assigned to a variable. If not, the current date will be assigned to the variable. My script is like this. #!... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumesh.abraham
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to run the script by argument passing

Hi All, I have a question regarding running this script by passing an argument, for example ./ShellParse.sh sun, how do i do that? So i want when i pass argument sun, it shouild execute things inside the for loop. I want to support some other platforms too, so there are more for loops to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: asirohi
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Its Urgent ::: Passing Argument during Script Execution

Dear All, Plz, can someone clarify me regarding the below. Actually I want to write the script that will get the some parameter like "yes" or "No" as we wish during execution without prompting for entering that word. Plz tell me... Its Urgent.. Thanks & Regards ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ks47
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing argument to a script while executing it within current shell

Hi Gurus, I have written a script set_env.ksh to which I pass an argument and set the oracle login credentials based on the argument I pass. The script has code as below. ORACLE_SID=$1 DB_SCHEMA_LOGON=$DB_SCHEMA_USER/$DB_SCHEMA_PASSWORD@$ORACLE_SID; export DB_SCHEMA_LOGON; echo... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sabari Nath S
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing value as a command line argument in awk script.

I have one working awk command line. Which taking data from the “J1202523.TXT” file and generating the “brazil.dat” file. PFB code. awk '{ DUNS = substr($0,0,9);if ( substr($0,14,3) == "089" ) print DUNS }' J1202523.TXT > Brazil.dat But now I want to pass two parameter as a command line argument... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: humaemo
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing --usage as argument to awk script

I have the awk script below and things go wrong when I do awk -v dsrmx=25 -f ./checkSRDry.awk --usage I basically want to override the usual --usage and --help that awk gives. How do people usually handle this situation when you also want to supply your own usage and help concerning the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing argument from Java to Shell script

Hi All, I want to pass array of argument from Java to a shell script.I can use process builder api and its exec() method to call the script,but the question is how to receive the parameter in the script. Thanks in advance ---------- Post updated at 10:00 PM ---------- Previous update was... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Abhijeet_Atti
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing variable as an argument to another script

Hi, I am trying to pass a variable as an argument to another script. While substitution of variable, I am facing a problem. varaiable "a" value should be -b "FPT MAIN". When we pass "a" to another script, we are expecing it to get substitue as ./test.sh -b "FPT MAIN". But, it is getting... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Manasa Pradeep
9 Replies
DROP TEXT SEARCH 
TEMPLATE(7) SQL Commands DROP TEXT SEARCH TEMPLATE(7) NAME
DROP TEXT SEARCH TEMPLATE - remove a text search template SYNOPSIS
DROP TEXT SEARCH TEMPLATE [ IF EXISTS ] name [ CASCADE | RESTRICT ] DESCRIPTION
DROP TEXT SEARCH TEMPLATE drops an existing text search template. You must be a superuser to use this command. PARAMETERS
IF EXISTS Do not throw an error if the text search template does not exist. A notice is issued in this case. name The name (optionally schema-qualified) of an existing text search template. CASCADE Automatically drop objects that depend on the text search template. RESTRICT Refuse to drop the text search template if any objects depend on it. This is the default. EXAMPLES
Remove the text search template thesaurus: DROP TEXT SEARCH TEMPLATE thesaurus; This command will not succeed if there are any existing text search dictionaries that use the template. Add CASCADE to drop such dictionar- ies along with the template. COMPATIBILITY
There is no DROP TEXT SEARCH TEMPLATE statement in the SQL standard. SEE ALSO
ALTER TEXT SEARCH TEMPLATE [alter_text_search_template(7)], CREATE TEXT SEARCH TEMPLATE [create_text_search_template(7)] SQL - Language Statements 2010-05-14 DROP TEXT SEARCH TEMPLATE(7)