Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Crontab + Script + .sql
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Crontab + Script + .sql Post 302699381 by Corona688 on Tuesday 11th of September 2012 01:15:10 PM
Old 09-11-2012
You need that file as in what? Is it on the wrong machine?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

running sql in crontab

Hi, i have a scripts that update an SQL DATABASE using sqlplus command. when i run it in a interactive mode its ok but when try to run it using the crontab i get an a messege : "Must be attached to terminal for 'am I' option" (there is no "who am i" command in the script) and the DB... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dorilevy
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SQL vs Crontab

I've been trying to execute a script which call some SQL Queries for midnight report, using crontab I got the next mesage: Message file sp1<lang>.msb not found Error 6 initializing SQL*Plus Message file sp1<lang>.msb not found Error 6 initializing SQL*Plus If I use the "at" command it... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: alex blanco
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

crontab and shell script that executes a sql.

Problem: I have a crontab and when it kicks off, xxx.sh shell script is called. Which has a nohup sqlplus session call. Problem is sql does not get executed and a text file is not getting created. Only a empty log file is getting created. Are there any constraints for crontab to open a sql... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: radhika
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Access SQL with crontab

Hi, I wrote a script shell whose function is to make a remove of directories depending on the result of a query on Oracle database. When I execute my script shell directly from unix, it works fine. But, when I put it in a line of a crontab, it doesn't work no more, because of the sql... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tbeghain
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling SQL LDR and SQL plus scripts in a shell script

Hi- I am trying to achieve the following in a script so I can schedule it on a cron job. I am fairly new to the unix environment... I have written a shell script that reads a flat file and loads the data into an Oracle table (Table1) via SQLLDR. This Works fine. Then, I run a nested insert... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajagavini
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

(Urgent):Creating flat file using sql script and sqlplus from UNIX Shell Script

Hi, I need help urgently for following issue. Pls help me to resolve this issue. I am calling sql script file(file1.sql) from UNIX Shell Script(script1.ksh) using sql plus and trying to create flat file that contains all records returned from SQL query in SQL script(file1.sql) I given... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: praka
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Execute PL/SQL function from Unix script (.sql file)

Hi guys, I am new on here, I have a function in oracle that returns a specific value: create or replace PACKAGE BODY "CTC_ASDGET_SCHED" AS FUNCTION FN_ASDSCHEDULE_GET RETURN VARCHAR2 AS BEGIN DECLARE ASDSchedule varchar2(6); ASDComplete... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: reptile
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to grep sql error in shell script and exit the script?

I need help in the following script. I want to grep the sql errors insert into the error table and exit the shell script if there is any error, otherwise keep running the scripts. Here is my script #!/bin/csh -f source .orapass set user = $USER set pass = $PASS cd /opt/data/scripts echo... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: allinshell99
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run SQL thru shell script: how to get a new line when run sql query?

Hi, this's Pom. I'm quite a new one for shell script but I have to do sql on shell script to query some information from database. I found a concern to get a new line...When I run my script, it retrieves all data as wondering but it's shown in one line :( What should I do? I'm not sure that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kapom
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass Oracle sql script as argument to UNIX shell script?

Hi all, $ echo $SHELL /bin/bash Requirement - How to pass oracle sql script as argument to unix shell script? $ ./output.sh users.sql Below are the shell scripts and the oracle sql file in the same folder. Shell Script $ cat output.sh #!/bin/bash .... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: a1_win
7 Replies
CUBRID_PING(3)								 1							    CUBRID_PING(3)

cubrid_ping - Ping a server connection or reconnect if there is no connection

SYNOPSIS
bool cubrid_ping ([resource $conn_identifier]) DESCRIPTION
Checks whether or not the connection to the server is working. PARAMETERS
o $conn_identifier - The CUBRID connection identifier. If the connection identifier is not specified, the last connection opened by cubrid_connect(3) is assumed. RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE if the connection to the server CUBRID server is working, otherwise FALSE. EXAMPLES
Example #1 cubrid_ping(3) example <?php set_time_limit(0); $conn = cubrid_connect('localhost', 33000, 'demodb'); /* Assuming this query will take a long time */ $sql = "select * from athlete"; $result = cubrid_query($sql); if (!$result) { echo 'Query #1 failed, exiting.'; exit; } /* Make sure the connection is still alive, if not, try to reconnect */ if (!cubrid_ping($conn)) { echo 'Lost connection, exiting after query #1'; exit; } cubrid_free_result($result); /* So the connection is still alive, let's run another query */ $sql2 = "select * from code"; $result2 = cubrid_query($sql2); ?> PHP Documentation Group CUBRID_PING(3)