Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Crontab + Script + .sql
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Crontab + Script + .sql Post 302699361 by Newer on Tuesday 11th of September 2012 12:31:25 PM
Old 09-11-2012
Power Crontab + Script + .sql

Hi guys today i'll bring to you a new problem that i need to execute.
So what i need to do it's create a script that:
conect to some database
logon
run a .sql script
logoff
and close the connection
after that, put this script on the crontab

To set up the crontab it's ok for me, i think it's not a big deal. One more thing to do i need this file, cause my boss need to validate my task
SPOOL sspev_host_cleanup.log
Any help please?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

running sql in crontab

Hi, i have a scripts that update an SQL DATABASE using sqlplus command. when i run it in a interactive mode its ok but when try to run it using the crontab i get an a messege : "Must be attached to terminal for 'am I' option" (there is no "who am i" command in the script) and the DB... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dorilevy
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SQL vs Crontab

I've been trying to execute a script which call some SQL Queries for midnight report, using crontab I got the next mesage: Message file sp1<lang>.msb not found Error 6 initializing SQL*Plus Message file sp1<lang>.msb not found Error 6 initializing SQL*Plus If I use the "at" command it... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: alex blanco
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

crontab and shell script that executes a sql.

Problem: I have a crontab and when it kicks off, xxx.sh shell script is called. Which has a nohup sqlplus session call. Problem is sql does not get executed and a text file is not getting created. Only a empty log file is getting created. Are there any constraints for crontab to open a sql... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: radhika
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Access SQL with crontab

Hi, I wrote a script shell whose function is to make a remove of directories depending on the result of a query on Oracle database. When I execute my script shell directly from unix, it works fine. But, when I put it in a line of a crontab, it doesn't work no more, because of the sql... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tbeghain
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling SQL LDR and SQL plus scripts in a shell script

Hi- I am trying to achieve the following in a script so I can schedule it on a cron job. I am fairly new to the unix environment... I have written a shell script that reads a flat file and loads the data into an Oracle table (Table1) via SQLLDR. This Works fine. Then, I run a nested insert... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajagavini
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

(Urgent):Creating flat file using sql script and sqlplus from UNIX Shell Script

Hi, I need help urgently for following issue. Pls help me to resolve this issue. I am calling sql script file(file1.sql) from UNIX Shell Script(script1.ksh) using sql plus and trying to create flat file that contains all records returned from SQL query in SQL script(file1.sql) I given... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: praka
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Execute PL/SQL function from Unix script (.sql file)

Hi guys, I am new on here, I have a function in oracle that returns a specific value: create or replace PACKAGE BODY "CTC_ASDGET_SCHED" AS FUNCTION FN_ASDSCHEDULE_GET RETURN VARCHAR2 AS BEGIN DECLARE ASDSchedule varchar2(6); ASDComplete... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: reptile
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to grep sql error in shell script and exit the script?

I need help in the following script. I want to grep the sql errors insert into the error table and exit the shell script if there is any error, otherwise keep running the scripts. Here is my script #!/bin/csh -f source .orapass set user = $USER set pass = $PASS cd /opt/data/scripts echo... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: allinshell99
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run SQL thru shell script: how to get a new line when run sql query?

Hi, this's Pom. I'm quite a new one for shell script but I have to do sql on shell script to query some information from database. I found a concern to get a new line...When I run my script, it retrieves all data as wondering but it's shown in one line :( What should I do? I'm not sure that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kapom
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass Oracle sql script as argument to UNIX shell script?

Hi all, $ echo $SHELL /bin/bash Requirement - How to pass oracle sql script as argument to unix shell script? $ ./output.sh users.sql Below are the shell scripts and the oracle sql file in the same folder. Shell Script $ cat output.sh #!/bin/bash .... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: a1_win
7 Replies
CRONTAB(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						CRONTAB(1)

NAME
crontab -- maintain crontab files for individual users (V3) SYNOPSIS
crontab [-u user] file crontab [-u user] { -l | -r | -e } DESCRIPTION
The crontab utility is the program used to install, deinstall or list the tables used to drive the cron(8) daemon in Vixie Cron. Each user can have their own crontab, and they are not intended to be edited directly. (Darwin note: Although cron(8) and crontab(5) are officially supported under Darwin, their functionality has been absorbed into launchd(8), which provides a more flexible way of automatically executing commands. See launchctl(1) for more information.) If the /usr/lib/cron/cron.allow file exists, then you must be listed therein in order to be allowed to use this command. If the /usr/lib/cron/cron.allow file does not exist but the /usr/lib/cron/cron.deny file does exist, then you must not be listed in the /usr/lib/cron/cron.deny file in order to use this command. If neither of these files exists, then depending on site-dependent configuration parameters, only the super user will be allowed to use this command, or all users will be able to use this command. The format of these files is one username per line, with no leading or trailing whitespace. Lines of other formats will be ignored, and so can be used for com- ments. The first form of this command is used to install a new crontab from some named file or standard input if the pseudo-filename '-' is given. The following options are available: -u Specify the name of the user whose crontab is to be tweaked. If this option is not given, crontab examines ``your'' crontab, i.e., the crontab of the person executing the command. Note that su(1) can confuse crontab and that if you are running inside of su(1) you should always use the -u option for safety's sake. -l Display the current crontab on standard output. -r Remove the current crontab. -e Edit the current crontab using the editor specified by the VISUAL or EDITOR environment variables. The specified editor must edit the file in place; any editor that unlinks the file and recreates it cannot be used. After you exit from the editor, the modified crontab will be installed automatically. FILES
/usr/lib/cron/cron.allow /usr/lib/cron/cron.deny DIAGNOSTICS
A fairly informative usage message appears if you run it with a bad command line. SEE ALSO
crontab(5), compat(5), cron(8), launchctl(1) STANDARDS
The crontab command conforms to IEEE Std 1003.2 (``POSIX.2''). The new command syntax differs from previous versions of Vixie Cron, as well as from the classic SVR3 syntax. AUTHORS
Paul Vixie <paul@vix.com> BSD
December 29, 1993 BSD