Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: positioning words in a line
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers positioning words in a line Post 302699227 by bartus11 on Tuesday 11th of September 2012 09:46:37 AM
Old 09-11-2012
What is the exact command that you are using (variables and filename)?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

seperating the words from a line??

The line is like this +abc+def+mgh+ddsdsd+sa i.e. words seperated by +. There is a plus in the beginning. i want to conver this line to abc, def, mgh, ddsdsd, sa please provide the logic in the form of a shell script Thanks in advance (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: skyineyes
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to get line number of different words if exists in same line

I have some txt files. I have to create another text file which contains the portion starting from the format "Date Sex Address" to the end of the file. While using grep -n on Date it also gives me the previous line containg Date. and also Date may be DATE in some files. My file is like this... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amiya Rath
10 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

count no of words in a line

hi i have a line "abc,def,ghi,abc,def ,ghi,abc,def,ghi,abc,def ,ghi,abc,def,ghi,abc" I want to print the no of words, words separated by comma please help (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Satyak
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sort words in a line

Hi Im looking for a way, hopefully a one-liner to sort words in a line e.g "these are the words in a line" to "a are in line the these words" Thanks! (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: rebelbuttmunch
15 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to print the words in the same line with space or to the predefined line?

HI, cat test abc echo "def" >> test output is cat test abc def the needed output is cat test abc def and so on (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jobycxa
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copying x words from end of line to specific location in same line

Hello all i know it is pretty hard one but you will manage it all after noticing and calculating i find a rhythm for the file i want to edit to copy the last 12 characters in line but the problem is to add after first 25 characters in same line in other way too copy the last 12 characters... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: princesasa
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

get few words from same line

Hello all i tried awk , cut but i think something missing i have this line @@XYMONDCHK-V1|.acklist.|developer_instead|rendy_google_yagom|1323977582|1323979382|1323979382|1|admin|test case i want cut some words to be in new line like this... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mogabr
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search words in multiple file line by line

Hi All I have to search servers name say like 1000+ "unique names" line by line in child.txt files in another file that is a master file where all server present say "master.txt",if child.txt's server name matches with master files then it print yes else no with server name. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: netdbaind
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Separating words in a line

Hi I have the following file # cat red it.d-state = 50988 41498 45 0 0 0 it.age_buffer= 1500 it.dir = 1 I need to grep lines that are present after "=" But when I do so, few lines has more than one value and some has one How to parse the line I have used the follwing... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Priya Amaresh
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace particular words in file based on if finds another words in that line

Hi All, I need one help to replace particular words in file based on if finds another words in that file . i.e. my self is peter@king. i am staying at north sydney. we all are peter@king. How to replace peter to sham if it finds @king in any line of that file. Please help me... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rajib Podder
8 Replies
face(1)                                                            User Commands                                                           face(1)

NAME
face - executable for the Framed Access Command Environment Interface SYNOPSIS
face [-i init_file] [-c command_file] [-a alias_file] [filename...] DESCRIPTION
The Framed Access Command Environment Interface (FACE) presents your files and file folders on the screen through a system of menus and forms if you are properly set up as a FACE user. filename must follow the naming convention Menu.xxx for a menu, Form.xxx for a form, and Text.xxx for a text file, where xxx is any string that conforms to the UNIX system file naming conventions. The Form and Menu Language Interpreter (FMLI) descriptor lifetime will be ignored for all frames opened by argument to face. These frames have a lifetime of immortal by default. If filename is not specified on the command line, the FACE Menu will be opened along with those objects specified by the LOGINWIN environment variables. These variables are found in the user's .environ file. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -a alias_file Alias file -c command_file Command file -i init_file Initial file OPERANDS
The following operand is supported: filename The full pathname of the file describing the object to be opened initially. EXIT STATUS
The face command will return a non-zero exit value if the user is not properly set up as a FACE user. FILES
$HOME/pref/.environ ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWfac | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
env(1), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 5 Jul 1990 face(1)