Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Ubuntu ssh connection unstable on remote server Post 302698813 by DGPickett on Monday 10th of September 2012 02:58:52 PM
Old 09-10-2012
Did you set identity, the key the client sends?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Solaris 9 remote login (ssh) drops connection

Hello All, I wonder if you can help me... Let me give you some set-up details before I ask you the question. I have Ultra-60 at home with Solaris 9 and recommended patch cluster installed. The machine is connected to a Linksys WAG54G ADSL router/modem through RJ45 ethernet cable. The... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmerin
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remote Connection (SSH)

Hello all, I connect usually to one enviornment "dev" daily and then ftp some files to some other enviorment "uat" and then login to "uat" and run some scripts to process these files. I was thinking to automate the process, where running one script from "dev" will complete all task required... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: RishiPahuja
11 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remote SSH Connection Using Script

Hi, I am new to Shell Scripting. Can anybody help me in writing a Script Which Could Login from a Unix box to a Remote Unix box which accepts the user credentials automatically and display the result for checking the Disk Space Utilisation (Without running any SSH agent). (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ajith_tg
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

check ssh connection to remote host

I am using KSH and I need to check whether the remote host has been configured with ssh public key. Is there any way we can check inside a script? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: praveenbvarrier
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

ssh connection from remote machine in solaris

Hi! I have two solaris 10 machines(say 10.1.1.1,10.1.1.2). i have installed rsync on 10.1.1.2, 10.1.1.1::: Sun Microsystems Inc. SunOS 5.10 Generic January 2005 -bash-3.00$ ssh 10.1.1.2 "echo $PATH" Password:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dddkiran
4 Replies

6. Red Hat

Unable to SSH into machine - ssh_exchange_identification: Connection closed by remote host

For a few days now I have been experiencing issues when trying to SSH into 1 of my machine. I get the following output when running 'ssh -vvv': server1:/home/mymadq> ssh -l root -vvv server2 OpenSSH_3.9p1, OpenSSL 0.9.7a Feb 19 2003 debug1: Reading configuration data /etc/ssh/ssh_config... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaapar
3 Replies

7. AIX

ssh failed to login in remote connection

i am in node acbs01b and i use the root@fcbs01b to login and i have the below message . ssh root@fcbs01b @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ @ WARNING: REMOTE HOST IDENTIFICATION HAS CHANGED! @ @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ IT... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: thecobra151
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to automate SSH remote connection with a shell script

Hi Guys! I am trying to write a shell script for automated ssh. vairable user and passwd have initialized correctly, but when I use the following it still prompting me for the password. #!/usr/bin/bash user='root@10.14.76.225' passwd='admin' ssh $user $passwd uptime exit I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinpe
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ssh to validate multiple remote hosts connection validation.

Dear Folks, I am trying to read a config file contains ip and port numbers. i want to read each line of the config file and check ssh connection is happening or not. Kindly guide. Config file: abc@1.2.342 22 abc@1.2.343 22 abc@1.2.344 22 abc@1.2.345 22... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sadique.manzar
9 Replies

10. BSD

Connection SSH to remote by ssh

Hello guys! I am setting up a script to access a unix remote server. My problem is that when I put the ssh line "my host", the script does not wait for the server response asking for the password to execute the line in which I put the password, that is, I need to put a form in which script has a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aroucasp
1 Replies
CERTPATCH(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 					      CERTPATCH(8)

NAME
certpatch -- add subjectAltName identities to X.509 certificates SYNOPSIS
certpatch [-t identity-type] -i identity -k signing-key input-certificate output-certificate DESCRIPTION
certpatch alters PEM-encoded X.509 certificates by adding a subjectAltName extension containing an identity used by the signature-based authentication schemes of the ISAKMP protocol. After the addition the certificate will be signed once again with the supplied CA signing key. The options are as follows: -t identity-type If given, the -t option specifies the type of the given identity. Currently ip, fqdn, and ufqdn are recognized. The default is ip. -i identity The -i option takes an argument which is the identity to put into the subjectAltName field of the certificate. If the identity-type is ip, this argument should be an IPv4 address in dotted decimal notation. -k signing-key The -k option specifies the key used for signing the certificate once the subjectAltName extension has been added. The key is speci- fied by the filename where it is stored in PEM format. SEE ALSO
isakmpd(8), ssl(8) BSD
July 18, 1999 BSD