Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Trouble setting up a shared folder Post 302698401 by vbe on Monday 10th of September 2012 04:15:38 AM
Old 09-10-2012
Maybe if you said on what platform you were, it could help...
Some OS, the fact you belong to the group suffice (HPUX...) some will require (Solaris (10)...) that you newgrp <groupname> before... but we dont know what you OS and vesrion you are on...( you said you tried with ACLs but here we see nothing...)

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

can folder shared with NFS (/usr/)

hello i wanted to ask you i try to setting: pc server name: A pc user name: B pc user name: C server A is opensuse 11.2 with kde 4.3.5 and last kernel so i create NFS server, i think.. folder (/usr is all softwares and library) because server A can share to PC A. because all... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tunjin
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

See shared folder

Hello, I want to list all shared folder in terminal in local. I haven't found the command for, i'm on bash in mac os x. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: protocomm
2 Replies

3. IP Networking

Trouble setting up a static IP on NetGear DGN1000

I have been trying to setup a static ip, however everytime I do so my internet disconnects and won't connect untill I switch back to dynamic. My router is a NetGear DGN1000 and I'm using it wired. Could anyone help? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: zomigosh
0 Replies

4. Ubuntu

Trouble setting up Java classpath

Saw an error while setting up an application called i2phex: # ./run.sh java.lang.RuntimeException: Failed to initialize phex.net.repres.i2p.I2PPresentationManager at phex.common.ManagerController.initializeManagers(ManagerController.java:78) at phex.Main.main(Main.java:161)After... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Israel213
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

command to connect the shared folder

Hello, I am using unix through cygwin application in my office machine and here i encounter a problem which i want copy certain big files from a shared folder shared folder--\\Parwvm000154\docs to my local machine c:/ I'm really honor if i clarified with the command. Regards... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thelakbe
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Trouble Setting Up Sun Ultra 10 - Displaying Garbage

Hello there, I am new to this forum as well as to the UNIX world. Recently graduated with a degree in Computing and just started learning UNIX & bought 3 Sun Ultra 10 Servers. I was trying to set the Servers up so I can use them; the Servers don't have a VGA card. My laptop, which I would be... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: frhan2u
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trouble setting up flag ( getopt) for my script

do case $option in d ) CHEC=true;; # more option processing can go here \? ) echo "Unknown option: -$OPTARG" : ) echo "Missing option argument for -$OPTARG";; * ) echo "Unimplimented option: -$OPTARG";; esac done shift $(($OPTIND - 1)) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: upenmishra
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trouble with setting a variable with vastool

Hi I have this command that when put on the command line it returns the output the way I want it. /opt/quest/bin/vastool list -a groups | grep testdev_li | grep dev | awk -F"" 'NF>2{print $2}' | cut -c2- | tr '\n' '|' The output of this is ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajetangay
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Setting UID and GID for shared folder using NFS method in Linux system

Hi everyone, have a good day to you. I am trying to use NFS to share a folder between 2 linux systems. Let's say the server which is sharing the folder is server A and the client which need to access this shared folder is server B. In server B, i am having a Joe user which UID and GID is 500.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: michael_hoang
1 Replies
packf(1mh)																packf(1mh)

Name
       packf - compress a folder into a single file

Syntax
       packf [ +folder ] [ msgs ] [ -file name ] [ -help ]

Description
       Each  message in a folder is normally stored as a separate file.  The command takes all messages from the current folder and copies them to
       a single specified file.  Each message in the file is separated by four <CTRL/A>s and a newline.

You can specify a folder other than the current folder by using the +folder argument.  If you do not want all the messages in a	folder	to
       be packed into one file, you can specify a number of messages or a range of messages with message numbers.

The first message packed will become the current message.  If you specify a +folder argument, that folder will become the current folder.

When messages have been packed into a file using you can separate them into individual messages using the command.  See

Options
       -file name
		 Specifies  the  file  in which you want the message(s) to be stored.  If you specify an existing file then the specified messages
		 will be appended to the end of that file.  Otherwise, a new file will be created and the messages placed in it.  If  you  do  not
		 specify  a  filename,	attempts  to  place the messages in a file called in the current working directory.  If this file does not
		 exist, asks whether you want to create it.

-help	 Prints a list of the valid options to this command.

The default settings for this command are:

+folder defaults to the current folder
	      msgs defaults to all
	      -file ./msgbox

Examples
       The first example shows all the messages in the folder being packed into a file called
       % packf +lrp -file planning

The next example shows how prompts you if you do not specify a -file option.  A file called is created by in your home directory, and  mes-
       sages 3 to 5 are packed into it:
       % packf +lrp 3-5
       Create file "/machine/disk/username/msgbox"? y

Profile Components
       Path:	      To determine the user's Mail directory
       Msg-Protect:   To set protections when creating a new file

Files
       $HOME/.mh_profile   The user profile.

See Also
       burst(1mh)

packf(1mh)