Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: AWK sample variance
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting AWK sample variance Post 302698281 by delugeag on Sunday 9th of September 2012 04:31:16 PM
Old 09-09-2012
If you want to read a file 2 times :
Code:
awk '
FNR == NR {
first pass
next
}

{ second pass }
' file file

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

calculating variance in perl programming

#!/usr/bin/perl -w use strict; open(FH,"$ARGV") or die; my @temp=<FH>; close FH; my $mean = Mean(\@temp); my $var = variance(\@temp); print "$var\n"; sub estimate_variance { my ($arrayref) = @_; my ($mean,$result) = (mean($arrayref),0); foreach (@$arrayref) {... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdfd123
4 Replies

2. Programming

C language to calculate mean,variance

Here I want to calculate mean,variance and sum from a file 1.1*2*4*22*211*22*12*22*22*11 2.2*2*22*12*22*11*11*122*33*22 3.9*7*22*88*87*98*67*66*56*66*11 As this is a large file and i am trying to write in c where formulae of MEAN = 1/N (X1...+..Xn) Variance = square root of 1/N-1... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdfd123
9 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sample scripts

Hi All' I'm a newbe, and just is started to learn unix. Where can I find a complete sample scripts? I looking for a sample scripts which log in at another unix host and and execute another script server side. Any input welcome (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ioniCoder
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk total and variance

File1 0358 Not Visible ***:* NA:NA RDF1+TDEV Grp'd (M) RW 102413 0359 Not Visible ***:* NA:NA RDF1+TDEV N/Grp'd (m) RW - 035A Not Visible ***:* NA:NA RDF1+TDEV N/Grp'd (m) RW - 035B Not Visible ***:* NA:NA ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: greycells
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculating Running Variance Using Awk

Hi all, I am attempting to calculate a running variance for a file containing a column of numbers. I am using the formula variance=sum((x-mean(x))^2)/(n-1), where x is the value on the current row, and mean(x) is the average of all of the values up until that row. n represents the total number... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Jahn
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed and awk giving error ./sample.sh: line 13: sed: command not found

Hi, I am running a script sample.sh in bash environment .In the script i am using sed and awk commands which when executed individually from terminal they are getting executed normally but when i give these sed and awk commands in the script it is giving the below errors :- ./sample.sh: line... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: satishmallidi
12 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sample Script

Below is the code. Its the 1st line of a file. How can I remove the bracket and display like below. 123 web int 1 09:30:45 2013 I dont want to use AWK or SED or PERL. I need to use only the bash shell scripting commands to do it. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ghosh_tanmoy
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sample output

hi gurus , i want the command to get the output in the desired format . basically to convert columns to rows. please refer to the attachment. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: r_t_1601
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk capturing first sample, but not subsequent id's

In the awk below the first sample MEV45 gets extracted from the html, but the subsequent MEV46 and MEV47 do not as they are not part of parse. I can not seem to add them to the code. Thank you very much @RudiC your awk is very nice :). input {"barcodeId": "IonXpress", "barcodedSamples":... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Compare sum of two columns if variance is zero do nothing else send an email

11☺Hi, I have to data sets: One is in .txt format and other is in .csv format, please refer below two outputs from two files. File1.txt SOURCE PAYDATE TOTAL_DOLLARS RECORD_COUNT ASSET 05/25/2018 247643.94 ASSET 06/20/2018 ... (27 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tahir_M
27 Replies
English(3pm)						 Perl Programmers Reference Guide					      English(3pm)

NAME
English - use nice English (or awk) names for ugly punctuation variables SYNOPSIS
use English; use English qw( -no_match_vars ) ; # Avoids regex performance penalty # in perl 5.16 and earlier ... if ($ERRNO =~ /denied/) { ... } DESCRIPTION
This module provides aliases for the built-in variables whose names no one seems to like to read. Variables with side-effects which get triggered just by accessing them (like $0) will still be affected. For those variables that have an awk version, both long and short English alternatives are provided. For example, the $/ variable can be referred to either $RS or $INPUT_RECORD_SEPARATOR if you are using the English module. See perlvar for a complete list of these. PERFORMANCE
NOTE: This was fixed in perl 5.20. Mentioning these three variables no longer makes a speed difference. This section still applies if your code is to run on perl 5.18 or earlier. This module can provoke sizeable inefficiencies for regular expressions, due to unfortunate implementation details. If performance matters in your application and you don't need $PREMATCH, $MATCH, or $POSTMATCH, try doing use English qw( -no_match_vars ) ; . It is especially important to do this in modules to avoid penalizing all applications which use them. perl v5.18.2 2014-01-06 English(3pm)