Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Urgent simple script needed
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Urgent simple script needed Post 302695647 by vidyadhar85 on Monday 3rd of September 2012 11:01:16 AM
Old 09-03-2012
What have you tried so far?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

simple script help needed

I am relatively new to *nix and have set up a small home network with a red hat server, what i would like to do is write a small script to check to see if a computer is connected by using the ip address of the computer. can get the ping to return but cant get the echo line working. the output i... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nobius
3 Replies

2. Solaris

Urgent help needed - shell script

Dear friends, I am trying to prepare a shell script which do the following task. Being a beginner in scripting I need a bit of help from you all for shell script which does the following job. 1.Check for existence of a file in a shared directory (at some remote location ) once in a day ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aarora_98
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Urgent Script Needed

I need shell script code for the following 1. Read syscat.columns after connecting to DB2 using SQL cursor 2. Read the output of the previous SQL command in the shell script 3. Perform insertions and deletions in the output of step 1 Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: skyineyes
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script Needed!!!!!!!! Urgent

How to find unique lines in a file without using 'uniq' and 'sort' command in k shell... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aajan
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

script needed urgent

Lot of dump files are created and filling up our file system. ( i.e. /Aix/app/clone1/heapdump659904.1188950424.txt, Aix/app/clone2/heapdump87878.88798.txt) . We got an alert that the filesystem was full and saw there were heapdumps from a few months ago that we didn't know about. It would be... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jayaramanit
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script Needed Urgent in shell or PERL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My I/p FIle #%npr # { { collectionBeginTime_Date 19Jul2007 granularityPeriod 900 NODEID BSC19 RLC_Raw_Blocksize_CS2 2048 START_DATE 19Jul07 measTimeStamp_Date 20Jul2007 COLLECTION_INTERVAL_MINS 15 RLC_User_Blocksize_CS2 1024 ... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

script needed... urgent

Hi.. I need help to write script (shell script/TCL) which finds the no of elapsed days from current month to coming month. Actually i have written one Tcl script to get current time... i.e. set time -format %c ] puts "TIME STAMP :$time" it prints : TIME STAMP :Mon Mar... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: arp@g7
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script Needed Urgent!!!!!!!!!

Hi Guys, Need a script!!!!!!!!!!! Sample File: ./R1/new/svp920m02f.4gl ./R1/new/svp921m01.4gl ./R1/new/svp950m01.4gl ./R1/new/svp950m01d.4gl ./R1/new/svp950m01g.4gl ./R1/new/svp955m01.4gl ./R1/new/svp960m01.4gl ... (4 Replies)
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Needed urgent help with shell script

Hi, Thanks for the reply to the previous posting.I need a shell script to the following.I am entirely new to the comapny and please help me with this. 1) Create the file with a timestamp i.e. nrt_readership.mmddyyyyhhmm 2) The processing job will look for files of the pattern... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pharishraja
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Urgent help needed to write a script

User have given me about 450 commands, i just wanted to know the full path for those commands and the output should be redirected to a separate file. Instead of running "which" command each time to find the path for all those commands, i need to do this in a simple way by a script. which... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pgmax
3 Replies
INSTALLSIEVE(1) 					      General Commands Manual						   INSTALLSIEVE(1)

NAME
installsieve - user utility for managing sieve scripts SYNOPSIS
installsieve DESCRIPTION
installsieve is a utility that allows users to manage their sieve scripts kept on the server. OPTIONS
-v <name> View script with the given name. The script if retrieved sucessfully is output to standard output. -l List all of the scripts currently on the server. If one of the scripts is active a arrow is printed indicating that it is the active script. -p <port> Port to connect to. If left off this defaults to "sieve" as defined in /etc/services. -i <file> Install a file onto the server. If a script with the same name already exists on the server it is overwritten. Upon sucessfully putting the script on the server the script is set active. If <file> has the extension .script it is chopped when put on the server since sieve names may not contain a '.'. -a <name> Set <name> as the active script. The list of available names can be obtained from the '-l' option.. -d <name> Delete the sieve script on the server with <name>. -m <mechanism> Force installsieve to use <mechanism> for authentication. If not specified the strongest authentication mechanism is chosen. -g <name> Get the sieve script with <name> and save it to disk with a ".script" extension. If a file with that name already exists it is overwritten. -u <user> Userid/Authname to use for authentication; by default, the current user. CMU
Project Cyrus INSTALLSIEVE(1)