Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Script to restart process
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script to restart process Post 302694869 by Corona688 on Friday 31st of August 2012 01:26:49 PM
Old 08-31-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siddheshk
Hi,

i am not able to redirect the output of "radstat" command to a file i mentioned. i am running this script through cron.
As what user? Does that user have permission to write to that file?

Also, cron has a very minimal PATH. Add this just below the shebang: . /etc/profile which should get a more sane PATH set so it can find things like grep.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

suspend/restart a process in shell script

Hi, I have a task that Im stuck on. I have an elementary script named 'myscript' that prints "the script is running" once a second. It runs for 27 seconds. I need to write a 2nd script that starts 'myscript' and takes a parameter '$1' for a number. my 2nd script then needs to pause myscript... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: daneensign
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

need help to write script to check the process health and automatically restart it

I am working on a project, which need to constantly watch the process, and check its status, if it was dead, it should be restart automatically. Please kindly refer me to URL which teach how to write this kind of script, or service. Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dragondad
1 Replies

3. SuSE

Restart process

I have a process that gradually eats up memory, it's currently at 80.2% and slowing down the linux server > ps aux | grep SNMPME root 3129 0.0 80.2 3591752 2480700 ? Sl Feb13 5:04 /opt/nampe/lib/snmpme/SNMPME config/startup.xml Is there a command I can execute to restart this... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: brendan76
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

restart process based on file

Hi all. I do have a script "startApp.sh" (app result is a file /opt/extract/appextract.txt) I have no problems with stopping app var1=`ps -ef | grep -v grep | grep MyApp | awk '{print $2}'` kill -9 $var1 What I want to achieve is: I start app, app is doing some extraction, after... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: e-l-diablo
11 Replies

5. Web Development

How to keep process running after apache restart.

Hi, I have a PHP application that starts a couple of processes on the server...the problem is that if I restart apache those running apps will die. How can I start them in a way that they are not killed when I restart/stop apache ? $cmdstr = "nohup ".$config."/".$config."... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: valiadi
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to keep process running after apache restart.

I have posted this on the Web subforum but it seems that nobody knows to do this, maybe someone has a solution here. Thank you I have a PHP application that starts a couple of processes on the server...the problem is that if I restart apache those running apps will die. How can I start them... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: valiadi
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to restart a process

I have written a script which checks for a file if that is being updated or not. If the files is not being updated then it will restart the process. #!/bin/sh DATE=`date +%Y%m%d%H%M%S` LOG_FILE=/var/xmp/log/XMP_* INCEPT=`ls -l $LOG_FILE |awk '{print $5}'` PROC=`xms show pr |grep -i... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Siddheshk
3 Replies

8. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Check hung process and restart

Hi all I have networker running on a RHEL 5.7 and over time it hangs. So the solution backup team proposed is to check if the process is hung, to stop and start it. Unfortunately for me, the rc script only allows three commands, start, stop and status (no restart option) so I managed to set... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: hedkandi
15 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Monitor and restart UNIX process

Hi all, Tearing my hair out..! I have a requirement to monitor and restart a unix process via a simple watchdog script. I have the following 3 scripts that dont work for me.. script 1 (only produces 1 output if process is up or not)... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jonnyd
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do i restart a process if it fails?

Hi Guru's, I just want to have an idea on how to restart a particular step when it fails? SCENARIO we have plenty of steps such as the following below: Step 1 copy file from source to target location which is in a different server. Step 2 create initial and incremental process ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: reignangel2003
4 Replies
queuedefs(4)							   File Formats 						      queuedefs(4)

NAME
queuedefs - queue description file for at, batch, and cron SYNOPSIS
/etc/cron.d/queuedefs DESCRIPTION
The queuedefs file describes the characteristics of the queues managed by cron(1M). Each non-comment line in this file describes one queue. The format of the lines are as follows: q.[njobj][nicen][nwaitw] The fields in this line are: q The name of the queue. a is the default queue for jobs started by at(1); b is the default queue for jobs started by batch (see at(1)); c is the default queue for jobs run from a crontab(1) file. njob The maximum number of jobs that can be run simultaneously in that queue; if more than njob jobs are ready to run, only the first njob jobs will be run, and the others will be run as jobs that are currently running terminate. The default value is 100. nice The nice(1) value to give to all jobs in that queue that are not run with a user ID of super-user. The default value is 2. nwait The number of seconds to wait before rescheduling a job that was deferred because more than njob jobs were running in that job's queue, or because the system-wide limit of jobs executing has been reached. The default value is 60. Lines beginning with # are comments, and are ignored. EXAMPLES
Example 1 A sample file. # # a.4j1n b.2j2n90w This file specifies that the a queue, for at jobs, can have up to 4 jobs running simultaneously; those jobs will be run with a nice value of 1. As no nwait value was given, if a job cannot be run because too many other jobs are running cron will wait 60 seconds before trying again to run it. The b queue, for batch(1) jobs, can have up to 2 jobs running simultaneously; those jobs will be run with a nice(1) value of 2. If a job cannot be run because too many other jobs are running, cron(1M) will wait 90 seconds before trying again to run it. All other queues can have up to 100 jobs running simultaneously; they will be run with a nice value of 2, and if a job cannot be run because too many other jobs are running cron will wait 60 seconds before trying again to run it. FILES
/etc/cron.d/queuedefs queue description file for at, batch, and cron. SEE ALSO
at(1), crontab(1), nice(1), cron(1M) SunOS 5.11 1 Mar 1994 queuedefs(4)