Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Ubuntu Automatic update script issue (Ubuntu server) Post 302691371 by mauregato on Friday 24th of August 2012 10:27:39 AM
Old 08-24-2012
Hello, sorry I try to explain better. Do you need to find some way to check the process apt-get dist-upgrade finshed before check the grep Kernel.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Script for automatic deletion of trash file of mail server

Hi, I have a mail server with limited space and operating system is sun solaris 8 (sparc). I do not have provisions to increase the space for home directory. So i have to delete files from /home/username/mail/trash which are more than 10 days old automatically. So my script should be like... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: crown2100bd
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to check file update on ftp server

Hi everybody, Is there a way to do a stat of files on a ftp server? I have a database which is populated by the contents of these files. I want to setup a crontab to check if there has been an update to these files. If the file has been updated I will download it and then update my database. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: z1dane
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Would like to install x86 desktop Ubuntu over AMD64 Ubuntu server

My intention was to build a dual boot XP Pro 64 and Ubuntu media server. I had installed the AMD64 version of Ubuntu 8.10 server and thought that I would be able to install Apache server. I need a GUI to work in. I tried to boot and install Mythbuntu 32 bit 8.10, but my machine now won't recognize... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: docflyboy
0 Replies

4. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Configure automatic script in windows server

Dear Experts, I have database running,on windows server 2003 and my database are going down frequently due to some oracle bug. I need help to configure the automatic script which run's and check the database status, if database is down then send me email. Thanks in Advance. (32 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mohammed Fareed
32 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to read from a file and update remote server

Its a tough one and would appreciate any guidance for a script that i am trying to develop....Again I do understand its a complicated script and help would be greatly appreciated.... Thank you 1- Need to check for a file (in a certain location on a server) every 15 minute or so if it is there... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aavam
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create a specific bash to increase the automatic update on my pi

hi everyone, I just began to be interested about the bash access. I buy a time ago a Raspberry pi, I installed raspbmc and now I would like build a bash to copy everyday all new files inside my server directly on the hard drive in my Pi. So my HDD is directly plug on my pi with usb connect,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nagito34
4 Replies

7. Red Hat

RedHat 5 update 9 BASH update issue

Hi i want to update the BASH because of the "shell shock" vulnerability. my RedHat 5 is clean install with the default mirror site. when im running the command: yum update bash im getting a message saying there is no update. you can see in the attach picture... what am i doing wrong? is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: guy3145
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with GREP + CUT - script for automatic update of STEAM GAME AR

Hello, I have a problem with the /etc/rc.d/init.d script to automatically update STEAM GAME ARK. I've converted 3 scripts into one, but something does not work correctly ... The problem is in the file latestavailableupdate.txt / line 36/39. It think the problem is with script, it wrongly... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kshishu
2 Replies
UPDATE-MANAGER(8)                                             System Manager's Manual                                            UPDATE-MANAGER(8)

NAME
update-manager - graphical management of software packages updates SYNOPSIS
update-manager [options] DESCRIPTION
Update-manager is a frontend for the apt package management system. It allows you to perform some actions of the command line tool apt-get in a graphical environment. Update-manager is especially designed for upgrading your system, or migrating your system towards a more recent version. OPTIONS
For a daily use, you may launch update-manager with no options so that your system is just upgraded. For migration purposes, update-manager accepts some options: -h, --help Show a similar help message -c, --check-dist-upgrades Check if a new distribution release is available -d, --devel-release Check if upgrading to the latest devel release is possible -p, --proposed Try to run a dist-upgrade --dist-upgrade Try to run a dist-upgrade ACTIONS PERFORMED DURING AN UPGRADE TO A NEW VERSION
* eventually reinstall the package ubuntu-desktop * switch to an updated sources.list entries * adds the default user to new groups if needed SEE ALSO
Synaptic, sources.list, aptitude AUTHORS
update-manager was developed by Michael Vogt <mvo@ubuntu.com> with various contributors (see AUTHORS file) This manual page was originally written by Bruno Mangin and Michael Vogt <mvo@ubuntu.com>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2006-2007 Canonical There is NO warranty. You may redistribute this software under the terms of the GNU General Public License. For more information about these matters, see the files named COPYING. August 2, 2007 UPDATE-MANAGER(8)