Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to send email with multiple attachments ? Post 302690269 by Corona688 on Wednesday 22nd of August 2012 05:29:09 PM
Old 08-22-2012
You are putting backticks where they have no purpose. You don't need backticks if you're putting the output through a pipe.

Try (uuencode $file1 $file1 ; uuencode $file2 $file2) | mailx -m -s "File" xxx@xx.com
These 2 Users Gave Thanks to Corona688 For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help ! How to get elm to send multiple attachments - in batch mode

From a program, I want to execute a UNIX elm command that will send multiple txt attachment files to an email address. I can do it for one attachment only ie. "elm -s"subject" emailaddress < attachment.txt" 1. The attachment is received in the body of the email and not as an attachment. 2. The... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anarvan
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

to send email to multiple users

hi, i'm pretty new to this unix. i've been asked to create a shell script which will pick up the email id from a text file(stored in same machine, same directory) searches for that id in another file in which a product name( a one line text) is mentioned against it. then it should send a mail... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vishwas.shenoy
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Not able to send multiple attachments using uuencode and mailx

Hi, I am seeing some junk characters when I attach the second file, given below is the logic I used. Please help me resolving the issue. ( uuencode file1.txt file1.txt.lst && uuencode file2.txt file2.txt.lst ) > attachment.txt cat body.txt attachment.txt > combinemail.txt mailx -m... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: prasperl
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to send email after comparing the folder permissions to a certain permission & send email

Hello , I am trying to write a unix shell script to compare folder permission to say drwxr-x-wx and then send an email to my id in case the folders don't have the drwxr-x-wx permissions set for them . I have been trying to come up with a script for few days now , pls help me:( (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nairshar
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Email with multiple attachments & HTML body

I have a html file: # cat sample.html <html> <body> Sample HTML file</p> </body> </html> And I have two excel sheets (sheet1.xls & sheet2.xls) I want to send an email by having the sample.html as the message body and two spreadsheets as the attachments. I tried using the below command:... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: BHM
12 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Send Files as Attachments through email

Dear Members, I am trying to send a file as an attachment from the command prompt in Linux. I am using the following: (echo "Find attached Exception Report"; uuencode $DATA_TOP/out/data/$err_rpt_file $err_rpt_file)|/bin/mailx -s "***Exceptions Found" davidk@xyz.com Here err_rpt_file... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandeep_1105
2 Replies

7. Red Hat

How to send mail with multiple attachments?

We don't have uuencode installed in our machines..... Please tell me how to send mail with multiple attachments ??? URGENT !!!!! Please tell me using command line (or) scripts.......... please...... Thanks in Advance.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vamshigvk475
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mail command --> send multiple attachments

Hi, i try to send two (multiple) files by the mail-console-command mail -s TEST -a f1.pdf f2.pdf n.ame@ms123.de but it doesn't work. can someone give me a hint? Thanks in advance, IMPe (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: IMPe
2 Replies

9. HP-UX

Email Using uuenview w/ Multiple Attachments

HP-UX mbhp7640 B.11.31 U ia64 4294967295 unlimited-user license Our database builds a MIME compliant html email, then cats that to sendmail - no problem. Due to horrible issues with the native uuencode, we long ago began using uuenview to encode our attachments - no problem. An example is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bubba77
1 Replies
XZDIFF(1)							     XZ Utils								 XZDIFF(1)

NAME
xzcmp, xzdiff, lzcmp, lzdiff - compare compressed files SYNOPSIS
xzcmp [cmp_options] file1 [file2] xzdiff [diff_options] file1 [file2] lzcmp [cmp_options] file1 [file2] lzdiff [diff_options] file1 [file2] DESCRIPTION
xzcmp and xdiff invoke cmp(1) or diff(1) on files compressed with xz(1), lzma(1), gzip(1), or bzip2(1). All options specified are passed directly to cmp or diff. If only one file is specified, then the files compared are file1 (which must have a suffix of a supported com- pression format) and file1 from which the compression format suffix has been stripped. If two files are specified, then they are uncom- pressed if necessary and fed to cmp(1) or diff(1). The exit status from cmp or diff is preserved. The names lzcmp and lzdiff are provided for backward compatibility with LZMA Utils. SEE ALSO
cmp(1), diff(1), xz(1), gzip(1), bzip2(1), zdiff(1) BUGS
Messages from the cmp(1) or diff(1) programs refer to temporary filenames instead of those specified. Tukaani 2009-07-05 XZDIFF(1)