Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Copy folder and files from unix server to linux server Post 302688117 by balajikalai on Friday 17th of August 2012 06:33:38 PM
Old 08-17-2012
copy file and folder from one server to another server

I am really thank ful for your help.
i am planning to use the below code , as you suggested.
I sincerely appreciate it.

i have mention code 1 & 2 , which is the best way and please correct the syntax too. Thanks a lot for all your help.
------------------------------------------------
Source unix server ip : 192.168.10.1
Source directory : usr/local/adm

target linux server ip : 192.168.10.2
target directory : usr/local/adm

Please correct me i am wrong with syntax

----------------------------------------
code 1:

Source server shell:
--------------------

-- change directory
cd /usr/local/adm
-- copy source filesystem to target file system tar & extract to target server
tar cf - ./cd /usr/local/adm/source.tar | ssh 192.168.10.2 'cd /usr/local/adm/source.tar ; tar xf -'

please correct me if i am wrong with the syntax.

Code 2 :

Source server shell:
--------------------

-- change directory
cd /usr/local/adm

-- zipping the file in the current directory itself
tar cf /usr/local/adm/source.tar

-- copy from source to targer server , how to modify the based on server
scp /usr/local/adm/source.tar dest:/scratch/source.tar

target server shell:
--------------------

cd /linux/source
tar xf /usr/local/adm/source.tar

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can i move data files from a server to unix folder

Hi: I am very new in UNIX environment. I need big help. How I can move data files from a server to UNIX folder by script. I don't want to use ws-ftp. The script should check the file on server, if any file found, move it to UNIX folder. I will be very happy, if some one helps me out.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shah2
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Viewing files of another unix server (in a folder)

I think that's what I'm trying to do. This is the problem: I log onto my comp, Comp1. Then, from the terminal, since my web server is on another comp, I type: xrlogin Comp2, so I log on to that computer. I then navigate to my directory by typing: cd /domain/myDir, so I am in my directory, on the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Djaunl
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

copy folder from one server to another

Dear ALL I have two Sco Unix ver 5.0.5 servers and i want to copy one folder from server A (IP 192.168.0.1) to server B(IP 192.168.0.2). I want a script file using maybe "ftp" to do the job Kindly any help (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: sak900354
11 Replies

4. UNIX and Linux Applications

Copy folder and its contents from HP Unix server to RH Linux

I am trying to copy a folder and all its contents from HP Unix box to RH linux, using the following. rsync -avz -e "ssh" /users/www/webroot/docFiles/Division/Ctry ftpuser@10.4.xxx.yz:/data/webroot/development/contentfiles/webroot/docFiles/Division/Ctry/QAfiles And it throws a consistent... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: FanTom
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

copy files from remote server (B) to target server (A)?

Hi All, what is the comand to log off the remote server? I have 2 servers A, B. I need to find all files older than 7 days on server B and copy over to server A. My logic is: login the remote server: ================= ssh hostB cd /data/test find . -mtime -7 -ls | awk '{print... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Beginer0705
4 Replies

6. UNIX and Linux Applications

Need to copy the latest file from Unix server to Shared folder

Hi All, One job in unix server will generate .csv files daily. I need to copy the latest of these .csv file from the unix server to the shared drive/folder in windows through unix script. My shared folder will look something like W:\some folder(for example). Could any one of you please help... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaya@123
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix shell script to Copy files from one Windows server to another Windows server.

Can anybody please help me on how to code for the below requirement: I need to write a shell script (on different unix server) to copy files from multiple folders (ex. BRN-000001) from one windows server (\\boldls-mwe-dev4)to a different windows server(\\rrwin-ewhd04.ecomad.int). This shell... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SravsJaya
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy files from Linux server to Windows server

Hi All, I am generating report in a Linux server and once the report is generated the report(.txt file) needs to be automatically saved in a Windows servers. So i am looking for a script to transfer the file automatically from Linux server to Windows server? Please advise. Thanks... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunmanas
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copy files from Linux server local windows machine using a shell script

Hello, I need to create a shell script which will copy files - which are created on particular date and starting with particular name - to local windows XP machine. Is this possible.? Currently it is being done manually using winscp (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: NarayanaPrakash
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy multiple .txt files from one server to another server

:wall:Hi all, I have two servers : server A and server B Weekly wise i use to receive files to server A to one particular location say /source/location . NOTE: In this location there will be other files also present other than these weekly arrival 18 files. My task : i need a... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: karmegam
7 Replies
SSH-ASKPASS-FULLSCREEN(1)				      General Commands Manual					 SSH-ASKPASS-FULLSCREEN(1)

NAME
ssh-askpass-fullscreen - A simple replacement for ssh-askpass written with gtk2 SYNOPSIS
ssh-askpass-fullscreen DESCRIPTION
This manual page was written for the Debian distribution because the original program does not have a manual page. gnome-ssh-askpass is a GNOME-based passphrase dialog for use with OpenSSH. It is intended to be called by the ssh-add(1) program and not invoked directly. It allows ssh-add(1) to obtain a passphrase from a user, even if not connected to a terminal (assuming that an X display is available). This happens auto-matically in the case where ssh-add is invoked from one's ~/.xsession or as one of the GNOME startup pro- grams, for example. In order to be called automatically by ssh-add, ssh-askpass-fullscreen should be installed as /usr/bin/ssh-askpass ssh-askpass-fullscreen is a program that... ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
The following environment variables are recognized: GNOME_SSH_ASKPASS_GRAB_SERVER Causes gnome-ssh-askpass to grab the X server before asking for a passphrase. GNOME_SSH_ASKPASS_GRAB_POINTER Causes gnome-ssh-askpass to grab the mouse pointer will be grabbed too. These may have some benefit to security if you don't trust your X server. Keyboard is always grabbed. SEE ALSO ssh-add(1), ssh-askpass(1). AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Marco Presi (Zufus) <zufus@debian.org>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others) and it is based on that for x11-ssh-askpass by Philip Hands and the one for gnome-ssh-askpass by Colin Watson <cjwatson@debian.org> May 8 , 2004 SSH-ASKPASS-FULLSCREEN(1)