Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Replacing a line in a file
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Replacing a line in a file Post 302686661 by balajesuri on Wednesday 15th of August 2012 08:07:54 AM
Old 08-15-2012
Code:
sed -i "s/export TZ=[^ ]*/export TZ=$1/" file

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

replacing first line or lines in a file

hey guys, how do i replace only a line within a file without messing up the rest of the contents of the file? see, if possible can you guys give me a straight forward way to do this. i dont want a complex command. what i mean is i know i can accomplish this by using sed, well, i think i can,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Terrible
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing characters in file with line break

Hi, Apologies if this has been asked before, but I searched and was not able to find an answer. It's probably a simple question to answer for those of you with some experience, though... I have a relatively long string where tokens are separated by the colon (':') character. Let's say the... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnemb
10 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

replacing a line of unknown charecters in a file

Hi All I have a requirement where using a script I grep a file for string (KSG/Password in below ) , get the next line which is the password and I need replace the whole line of unknown special charecters (encrypted password) with another line as given below . As in below i need to get... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: malavm
12 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing a line in a file - HELP!!!

I have a problem in the following code ... while read line do #Get Line Number OLDLINE=`sed -n $Lineno $filename` echo "Un Changed Line : "$OLDLINE echo "Enter a New Pattern : " read NewPattern <&1 echo "NewPattern :"$NewPattern NEWLINE=`cat $filename | sed -n... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: maxmave
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing the last character for each line in a file

Hello, I have a csv file and will like to replace the last character of each line in the file with Z (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: 123script
20 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing space with T only in the 1st line of the file

Hi Masters , I have a file whose header is like HDRCZECM8CZCM000000881 SVR00120100401160828+020020100401160828+0200CZK There is a space between 1 and S ,my req is to chng the space to T I tried echo `head -1 CDCZECM8CZCM000000881` | sed 's/ /T/' it works ,but how can I modify in... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pratik4891
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Replacing first line of file by >filename

Hi All, I have a set of files named S5_SK1.chr01 S5_SK1.chr02 S5_SK1.chr03 ..... and the first line of these files is >SK1.chr01 >SK1.chr02 >SK1.chr03 ..... Can anyone suggest how I can change the first line of all these files with the filename itself? So my expected output for the first lines of... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: pawannoel
14 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing line 'i' of file1 with line 'j' of file 2

Hi All, As mentioned in the title I have two text files and I would like to replace line number 5 of file #1 with line number 4 of file #2 e.g. file 1 wqwert 4.4464002 3 319 286 369 46.320002 56.150002 45.100002 1 1 1 0.723 (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: f_o_555
12 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing a line in a file using sed

I have a file which has a list in it pop triangle people slow fast What I want to do is search this list and replace people with humans do the list looks like this: pop triangle human slow fast I think i use something like this.... if cat /list.txt | grep -q 'people' ; then (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: digitalviking
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing last line with awk and change the file name

Hi Guys, I am having a set of date format files files where I am performing the below set of operations in the files . I Need to replace the last line value with specific date which is a pipe delimited file. for egf1_20140101.txt aa|aus|20140101|yy bb|nz|20140101|yy . .... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: rohit_shinez
19 Replies
asadmin-export(1AS)						   User Commands					       asadmin-export(1AS)

NAME
asadmin-export, export - marks a variable name for automatic export to the environment of subsequent commands in multimode SYNOPSIS
export [ name=value [ name=value]*] Marks a variable name for automatic export to the environment of subsequent commands. All subsequent commands use the variable name values as specified; unless you unset them or exit multimode. If only the variable name is specified, the current value of that variable name is displayed. If the export command is used without any arguments, a list of all the exported variables and their values is displayed. Exported shell environment variables set prior to invoking the asadmin utility are imported automatically and set as exported variables within asadmin. Unexported environment variables cannot be read by the asadmin utility. OPERANDS
name=value variable name and value for automatic export to the environment to be used by subsequent commands. Example 1: Using export to list the environment variables asadmin> export AS_ADMIN_HOST=bluestar AS_ADMIN_PORT=8000 AS_ADMIN_USER=admin AS_ADMIN_PASSWORD=password asadmin> export AS_ADMIN_PREFIX=server1.jms-service asadmin> export //to list the environment variables that are set AS_ADMIN_HOST=bluestar AS_ADMIN_PORT=8000 AS_ADMIN_USER=admin AS_ADMIN_PASSWORD=******** AS_ADMIN_PREFIX=server1.jms-service Where: the export command lists the environment variables that are set. In this case, the environment variables have been set to: the host is bluestar, the port is 8000, the administrator user is admin with an associated password, and the prefix is server1.jms-service. EXIT STATUS
0 command executed successfully 1 error in executing the command asadmin-unset(1AS), asadmin-multimode(1AS) J2EE 1.4 SDK March 2004 asadmin-export(1AS)