Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Unable to install 32 bit application on 64 bit OS Post 302686109 by nkiran on Tuesday 14th of August 2012 03:05:16 AM
Old 08-14-2012
Bug Solution:

The application you are trying install needs libraries. Now, since you are installing the 32 bit app, it is looking for 32 bit libraries. But, your OS is 64 bit so it will not have 32 bit libraries. Check for the libraries needed & download the 32 bit version.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

copying or concatinating string from 1st bit, leaving 0th bit

Hello, If i have 2 strings str1 and str2, i would like to copy/concatenate str2 to str1, from 1st bit leaving the 0th bit. How do i do it? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jazz
2 Replies

2. Gentoo

compiling 32 bit application on 64 bit linux(x86_64)

hi all, i have a 64 bit linux machine. $uname -a Linux SVRDELLD30 2.6.9-42.ELsmp #1 SMP Tue Aug 15 10:35:26 BST 2006 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux here by default gcc creates 64 bit executable. but for some reason i want to create 32bit executable. first i want to create 32 bit object... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: uttamhoode
3 Replies

3. Linux

Is it possible to compile 64 bit application on 32 bit machine

Hi, I am using 32 bit machine, and I want to compile 64 bit application on 32-bit machine. So please tell me is it possible or not? Regards Mandar (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mandar123
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to handle 64 bit arithmetic operation at 32 bit compiled perl interpreter?H

Hi, Here is the issue. From the program snippet I have Base: 0x1800000000, Size: 0x3FFE7FFFFFFFF which are of 40 and 56 bits. SO I used use bignum to do the math but summing them up I always failed having correct result. perl interpreter info, perl, v5.8.8 built for... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rrd1986
0 Replies

5. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Which version of Windows Vista to install with a product key? 32-bit or 64-bit?

Hello everyone. I bought a dell laptop (XPS M1330) online which came without a hard drive. There is a Windows Vista Ultimate OEMAct sticker with product key at the bottom case. I checked dell website (here) for this model and it says this model supports both 32 and 64-bit version of Windows... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: milhan
4 Replies
LDCONFIG(8)						     Linux Programmer's Manual						       LDCONFIG(8)

NAME
ldconfig - configure dynamic linker run-time bindings SYNOPSIS
/sbin/ldconfig [-nNvXV] [-f conf] [-C cache] [-r root] directory... /sbin/ldconfig -l [-v] library... /sbin/ldconfig -p DESCRIPTION
ldconfig creates the necessary links and cache to the most recent shared libraries found in the directories specified on the command line, in the file /etc/ld.so.conf, and in the trusted directories, /lib and /usr/lib (on some 64-bit architectures such as x86-64, lib and /usr/lib are the trusted directories for 32-bit libraries, while /lib64 and /usr/lib64 are used for 64-bit libraries). The cache is used by the run-time linker, ld.so or ld-linux.so. ldconfig checks the header and filenames of the libraries it encounters when determining which versions should have their links updated. ldconfig will attempt to deduce the type of ELF libraries (i.e., libc5 or libc6/glibc) based on what C libraries, if any, the library was linked against. Some existing libraries do not contain enough information to allow the deduction of their type. Therefore, the /etc/ld.so.conf file format allows the specification of an expected type. This is used only for those ELF libraries which we can not work out. The format is "dirname=TYPE", where TYPE can be libc4, libc5, or libc6. (This syntax also works on the command line.) Spaces are not allowed. Also see the -p option. ldconfig should normally be run by the superuser as it may require write permission on some root owned directories and files. OPTIONS
-c fmt, --format=fmt (Since glibc 2.2) Cache format to use: old, new, or compat (default). -C cache Use cache instead of /etc/ld.so.cache. -f conf Use conf instead of /etc/ld.so.conf. -i, --ignore-aux-cache (Since glibc 2.7) Ignore auxiliary cache file. -l (Since glibc 2.2) Library mode. Manually link individual libraries. Intended for use by experts only. -n Process only the directories specified on the command line. Don't process the trusted directories, nor those specified in /etc/ld.so.conf. Implies -N. -N Don't rebuild the cache. Unless -X is also specified, links are still updated. -p, --print-cache Print the lists of directories and candidate libraries stored in the current cache. -r root Change to and use root as the root directory. -v, --verbose Verbose mode. Print current version number, the name of each directory as it is scanned, and any links that are created. Overrides quiet mode. -V, --version Print program version. -X Don't update links. Unless -N is also specified, the cache is still rebuilt. FILES
/lib/ld.so Run-time linker/loader. /etc/ld.so.conf File containing a list of directories, one per line, in which to search for libraries. /etc/ld.so.cache File containing an ordered list of libraries found in the directories specified in /etc/ld.so.conf, as well as those found in the trusted directories. SEE ALSO
ldd(1), ld.so(8) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 4.15 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, information about reporting bugs, and the latest version of this page, can be found at https://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. GNU
2017-09-15 LDCONFIG(8)