Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Ubuntu ubuntu error message when updating Post 302685345 by Lem on Sunday 12th of August 2012 12:37:30 PM
Old 08-12-2012
Launch software-properties-gtk from the terminal with sudo software-properties-gtk (or you can find it under System > Administration > Software Sources, depending on which desktop environment you're using), then click on the second tab, named "Other software"). There you'll find your additional repositories. You can deselect or remove the dead repository from there. Then close.
When you're done, from the terminal sudo apt-get update
--
Bye

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Error updating profile

I'm trying to update my profile with a temp e-mail address. This is a hotmail e-mail address and it wont allow it. The reason for this is I've changed my service with my ISP since I've moved :D and well I've gone form Cable to DSL :mad: Now my e-mail accounts are still there but I can't... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: woofie
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk updating one file with another, comparing, updating

Hello, I read and search through this wonderful forum and tried different approaches but it seems I lack some knowledge and neurones ^^ Here is what I'm trying to achieve : file1: test filea 3495; test fileb 4578; test filec 7689; test filey 9978; test filez 12300; file2: test filea... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: mecano
11 Replies

3. Solaris

Error updating Firmware in X4500

I have X4500 machine with solaris 10 OS and software version 5.10. The firmware version is 1.1.1 and I am planning to upgrade the firmware. C H A P T E R 1 - Flash Upgrading Your Server to Software Release 1.2 I referred to the above link to do so. But, I do not understand what is the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bharu_sri
6 Replies

4. Solaris

Message file is not updating

Hi, Some how message file is not updating on solaris 8, but syslogd is running. Any help. It is urgent. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mokkan
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Updating a template - Ubuntu Image

Hello, This might sound like a really silly question but that is why i post it in Unix for Dummies :) I am a little confused as to how I can install software or remove software from an image (say an ubuntu template created out of an already existing system). Is there a direct way to do that to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mnanavati
3 Replies

6. Ubuntu

error message when installing ksh in ubuntu 10.04

Good afternoon. i installed ubuntu 10.04, but you know the default shell is bash and i tried to change to ksh (csh ksh) but not installed. I need your help, when trying to install ksh in ubuntu 10.04 in order to practice, i have an error message. in the terminal session i type as it says:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alexcol
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] Error while updating the crontab

When I update the crontab, I get error message. Any idea? 0 0-23 * * * /usr/local/scripts/monitor.sh > /dev/null ( BEFORE) */5 * * * * /usr/local/scripts/monitor.sh > /dev/null (Now) it doesn't allow me to save the work. Error message... crontab: */5 * * * *... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: samnyc
3 Replies
xdg-user-dirs-gtk-update(1)					   User Commands				       xdg-user-dirs-gtk-update(1)

NAME
xdg-user-dirs-gtk-update - Graphical User Interface for xdg-user-dirs-update. SYNOPSIS
xdg-user-dirs-gtk-update DESCRIPTION
xdg-user-dirs-gtk-update is automatically run on login to the GNOME desktop environment to aid in the management of the locale specific XDG User Directories. Should the user be starting a session that is using a different locale to that which was used to create the original XDG User Directories, then the user will be prompted to make a decision on whether to update the XDG User Directories to the new locale or leave them unchanged. The original locale that was used to create the initial set of XDG User Directories on first login is stored in the file ${XDG_CON- FIG_HOME}/user-dirs.locale. Should the user decide to update to the current locale, then xdg-user-dirs-update will be used to perform the desired action. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
See environ(5) for descriptions of the following environment variables: HOME. Other environment variable that are used are: XDG_CONFIG_HOME Base directory for storge of XDG configuration files. Defaults to ${HOME}/.config FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/bin/xdg-user-dirs-gtk-update Application to manage updates to user's XDG User Directories ${XDG_CONFIG_HOME}/user-dirs.locale Locale used in the initial creation of the current XDG User Directories and what they map to. ${XDG_CONFIG_HOME}/user-dirs.dirs Location of the user-specific configuration including the current list of directories and what they map to. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWxdg-user-dirs-gtk | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |Uncommitted | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
More information can be found at: http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/xdg-user-dirs xdg-user-dirs-update(1), xdg-user-dir(1), attributes(5) NOTES
Written by Darren Kenny, Sun Microsystems Inc, 2008 SunOS 5.11 03 Apr 2008 xdg-user-dirs-gtk-update(1)