Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Recode alphabet into numbers
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Recode alphabet into numbers Post 302684403 by johnkim0806 on Thursday 9th of August 2012 02:15:23 PM
Old 08-09-2012
Yes, ifthere are N rows in genotype.bim, there are 2N+2 columns in each row of genotype.ped

and the file is 2.5GB, pretty big file. As long as it does the job, i think it will be okay

Thanks

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

What can i do to check that the input is all alphabet.. ?

What can i do to check that the input is all alphabet.. ? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: XXXXXXXXXX
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

To check if the first character is a alphabet or number

Hi, I need to find whether the first character in a line is a alphabet or a number. If its a number i should sort it numerically. If its a alphabet i should sort it based on the ASCII value.And if it is something other than alphabet or number then sort it based on ASCII value. The code i used... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ragavhere
2 Replies

3. SuSE

need help with recode command for CR/LF

Not sure if this is a Linux issue or specific to SuSE Linux, but, in the infinite wisdom of the developers they decided to do away with the dos2unix and unix2dos commands which were very handy in handling the CR/LF issue between unix and dos/windows files. More to the point I've created a tr... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 2reperry
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Writing an algorithm to recode data points

I have a file that has been partially recoded so that data points that were formerly letter combinations are now -1, 0, or 1. I need to finish recoding the GG and CC data points. The file looks like this: ID 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 83845676 0 0 0 0 CC -1 CC CC 838469. -1 -1 1 GG CC 0 CC 1 83847041... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: doobedoo
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Recode A/T/G/C to 0/1 using a reference column

Hello, I have a large file that contains 114 total columns with over 6,000 rows and a header; the final 27 columns are coded in A/T/G/C. There is also a reference column coded A/T/C/G. e.g. OLD_file col1 col2 3 ref ... 27 28 29 30 ... 1 r 22 A ... G A G A ... 2 f 22 C ... T T C T ...... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: peanuts48
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Alphabet counting

I have a text file in the following format CCCCCGCCCCCCCCCCcCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC AAAATAAAAAAAAAAAaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA TGTTTTTTTTTTTTGGtTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT TTTT-TTTTTTTTTCTtTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT Each row/line will have 32 letters and each line will only have multiple occurrences of 2 letters out of a pool... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Lucky Ali
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

last character is digit or alphabet!

Hello, I have to find out whether the last character is digit or alphabet. I manage to strip the last character but would need some help if there is one liner available to test the above. set x = WM echo $x | sed 's/.*\(.$\)/\1/' O/P M I would like a one liner code to test whether the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dixits
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Conditional for every letter in alphabet

I wanted to know if there was a more efficient to do this. I was to setup a conditional for every letter of the alphabet, like so (I am parsing an array): for i in "${arr}"; do if ]; then echo "$i starts with A" else echo "$i does not start with A" fi done I want to do this A-Z, is there... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudo
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Shell Script - Alphabet in code

Hi e Hi everyone, I can't make this script work, #! /bin/bash declare -A crypt=( ="A" ="a" ="B" ="b" ="C" ="c" =' ' ='!' ) encode () { local word=$1 for ((i=0; i<${#word}; ++i)) ; do local char=${word:$i:1} printf %s' ' ${crypt} done ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pinguino
5 Replies
Bio::PopGen::Individual(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			      Bio::PopGen::Individual(3pm)

NAME
Bio::PopGen::Individual - An implementation of an Individual who has Genotype or Sequence Results SYNOPSIS
use Bio::PopGen::Individual; my $ind = Bio::PopGen::Individual->new(-unique_id => $id, -genotypes => @genotypes); DESCRIPTION
This object is a container for genotypes. FEEDBACK
Mailing Lists User feedback is an integral part of the evolution of this and other Bioperl modules. Send your comments and suggestions preferably to the Bioperl mailing list. Your participation is much appreciated. bioperl-l@bioperl.org - General discussion http://bioperl.org/wiki/Mailing_lists - About the mailing lists Support Please direct usage questions or support issues to the mailing list: bioperl-l@bioperl.org rather than to the module maintainer directly. Many experienced and reponsive experts will be able look at the problem and quickly address it. Please include a thorough description of the problem with code and data examples if at all possible. Reporting Bugs Report bugs to the Bioperl bug tracking system to help us keep track of the bugs and their resolution. Bug reports can be submitted via the web: https://redmine.open-bio.org/projects/bioperl/ AUTHOR - Jason Stajich Email jason-at-bioperl.org CONTRIBUTORS
Matthew Hahn, matthew.hahn-at-duke.edu APPENDIX
The rest of the documentation details each of the object methods. Internal methods are usually preceded with a _ new Title : new Usage : my $obj = Bio::PopGen::Individual->new(); Function: Builds a new Bio::PopGen::Individual object Returns : an instance of Bio::PopGen::Individual Args : -unique_id => $id, -genotypes => @genotypes unique_id Title : unique_id Usage : my $id = $individual->unique_id Function: Unique Identifier Returns : string representing unique identifier Args : string num_of_results Title : num_of_results Usage : my $count = $person->num_results; Function: returns the count of the number of Results for a person Returns : integer Args : none annotation Title : annotation Usage : my $annotation_collection = $ind->annotation; Function: Get/set a Bio::AnnotationCollectionI for this individual Returns : Bio::AnnotationCollectionI object Args : [optional set] Bio::AnnotationCollectionI object add_Genotype Title : add_Genotype Usage : $individual->add_Genotype Function: add a genotype value Returns : count of the number of genotypes associated with this individual Args : @genotypes - L<Bio::PopGen::GenotypeI> object(s) containing alleles plus a marker name reset_Genotypes Title : reset_Genotypes Usage : $individual->reset_Genotypes; Function: Reset the genotypes stored for this individual Returns : none Args : none remove_Genotype Title : remove_Genotype Usage : $individual->remove_Genotype(@names) Function: Removes the genotypes for the requested markers Returns : none Args : Names of markers get_Genotypes Title : get_Genotypes Usage : my @genotypes = $ind->get_Genotypes(-marker => $markername); Function: Get the genotypes for an individual, based on a criteria Returns : Array of genotypes Args : either none (return all genotypes) or -marker => name of marker to return (exact match, case matters) has_Marker Title : has_Marker Usage : if( $ind->has_Marker($name) ) {} Function: Boolean test to see if an Individual has a genotype for a specific marker Returns : Boolean (true or false) Args : String representing a marker name get_marker_names Title : get_marker_names Usage : my @names = $individual->get_marker_names; Function: Returns the list of known marker names Returns : List of strings Args : none perl v5.14.2 2012-03-02 Bio::PopGen::Individual(3pm)