Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris No network cable But Network interface is UP and Running Post 302682421 by samer.odeh on Monday 6th of August 2012 08:17:44 AM
Old 08-06-2012
Hello

it's Solaris 8, there is no: dladm command Smilie

Many thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Network Interface

Hi ! Does anyone know how can i get information about my network interface ... if it works in half or full duplex mode !! Thx in adivance ! Witt (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: witt
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

network interface problem

Hi expert, Need some help on network interface issue.. I have added 2 x NIC card onto the Ultra 2 system recently and configured as hme1 and hme2. I have unconfigured the onboard hme0 network interface and it was running fine till few days later, i keep recieving error messages showing hme0... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sc2005
6 Replies

3. Solaris

Network interface configuration

Dears, i follow this to configure Network interface for my PC O/S : Unix Sun Solaris vi /etc/hostname.bge0 and write my ip vi /etc/netmasks and write my subnetmask vi /etc/defautrouter and write my gatwey vi /etc/resolv.conf and write my DNS after i reboot My Computer ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jenovaux
3 Replies

4. Solaris

configure zones to have different network interface and network

i need to configure a zone to use different interface (bge2) than global and have connected to completely different network switch & to use its own defaultrouter and hosts file .. is it possible ..if so ..how ? Thanks (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: skamal4u
9 Replies

5. AIX

How to detect the network cable status with c programming on AIX

Hello, Is there any API or any other approach to detect whether the network cable is connected to the network adapter, say, en0, en1 or en2? The OS is AIX6.1. Thank you. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: zephyrbj
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Multiple interface same network

hi I have a question, eth0 : 192.168.2.10 eth1: 192.168. 2.11 subnet : 255.255.255.0 eth0 and eth1 plug same swich I want communication between the two interface one host examp : ping 192.168.2.10 -I eth1 ping 192.168.2.11 -I eth0 but not respons.. pls helme (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sadosan83
3 Replies

7. UNIX and Linux Applications

Access to network interface (Mac-network)

Hi, I'm a italian student. For my thesis I develop a gateway with protocol 6lowpan. For that I must access to network interface to develope my personal stack based on standard 802.15.4. Can you help me? I need an explanation for that. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: berny88
0 Replies

8. IP Networking

Network interface-

Hello, Please what's the difference between: AND Thank you so much (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chercheur857
3 Replies

9. IP Networking

network interface -

Hello, Please, how can i create a network interface with a routable IP address on linux (ubuntu) ? AND How can i desactivate an interface? Thank you so much for help. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chercheur857
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Adding a network interface to a bonded interface

I have a RHEL 5 system with a bonded interface configure using only one network port (eth0). So I have config file for ifcfg-bond0 and ifcfg-eth. I'd like to configure eth5 to be the second SLAVE in the bond. My question is, after I modify ifcfg-eth5, can I add eth5 to the bond0 interface without... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: westmoreland
1 Replies
netconfig(8)						      System Manager's Manual						      netconfig(8)

NAME
netconfig - Launches the SysMan Menu to the Network Setup Wizard SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/netconfig /usr/sbin/sysman net_wizard DESCRIPTION
The Network Setup Wizard of the SysMan Menu can be used to configure and modify the configuration of a TCP/IP network on a Tru64 UNIX sys- tem. Use the Network Setup Wizard, netconfig, to do the following: Configure network interfaces, such as Ethernet, FDDI and Token Ring and existing ATM interfaces Enable and disable the following daemons: gated, joind, routed, and rwhod Configure the system as an IP router Add, modify, and delete entries in the following files: /etc/routes, /etc/gateways, etc/hosts, /etc/hosts.equiv, and /etc/networks Online help is available for the Network Management dialog boxes. To get help, click on any Help button. RESTRICTIONS
You must be root or have the appropriate privileges to run this application. FILES
Specifies the environment variables that define the netconfig configuration on your system Specifies Internet routing information Specifies the host name file Specifies the trusted hosts file Specifies the network name file Specifies Internet static routing information SEE ALSO
Commands: ifconfig(8), netsetup(8), rc.config(8), rcinet(8), sysman_menu(8) Files: gateways(4), hosts(4), hosts.equiv(4), networks(4), routes(4) Networking: network_manual_setup(7) netconfig(8)