Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Help with trace file
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Help with trace file Post 302682031 by dollypee on Sunday 5th of August 2012 10:58:39 AM
Old 08-05-2012
Thanks Frappa. We share the same login and checking history as you said was helpful. Thanks for your help

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Trace connections

In my organization in order for anyone to go to any Unix server they have to go through "SERVER A" and login as themselves. Then people are free to go enywhere they please. For example: SERVER A, loggs in as himself telnets to SERVER B, loggs in as guest telnets to SERVER C, loggs in as... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jraitsev
8 Replies

2. Programming

Core file without a readable stack trace

I am using gdb to examine a core file but the output contains only the method addresses in hex. Is there anyway to translate these addresses to a human-readable form? :confused: (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ciregbu
0 Replies

3. IP Networking

trace route ip

hi everybody , i have a solaris 5.6 box and i want to trace the route on an ip i treid traceroute but soalris 5.6 does not support it ... is there a command that can be used equivelent to traceroute ? thanks for your help (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ppass
2 Replies

4. HP-UX

How to trace a user

on HP-Unix how can i trace user for example "xxx999" ? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: salhoub
4 Replies

5. Solaris

Log Trace

Hi I would like to display only error messages from my log files while monotring application on my solaris box using tail command. Is there other way we can monitor please let me know? In general # tail -f "xyz.log' ---> this will display current activity of the logs, instead i would like... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gkrishnag
4 Replies

6. AIX

How to trace file sytem size change?

I need write a script to trace filesystem size change, such as /home will increase some size and then release some space. I don't know when increase happen. I want to get the size before increase and the size after release. How to write this script? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rainbow_bean
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with filtering trace file through grep

Hi, I am using NS2 and i need to filter a trace file (part of which is shown below): - 33.91576 2 3 tcp 1040 ------- 1 0.0 4.0 1115 2258 r 33.918907 4 3 ack 40 ------- 1 4.0 0.0 1107 2272 + 33.918907 3 2 ack 40 ------- 1 4.0 0.0 1107 2272 - 33.918907 3 2 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: saqibshah
5 Replies

8. AIX

Trace su to root

Hi, is it possible to trace everything about user that changes from its own user to root user, failed and successful attempts (I would need user and IP address of user that was trying to do that)? I tried adding auth.notice and auth.info in syslog.conf but it only tracks user withoud IP... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sprehodec
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

awk script to find repeated IP adress from trace file (.tr)

+ 8.00747 /NodeList/0/DeviceList/0/$ns3::PointToPointNetDevice/TxQueue/Enqueue ns3::PppHeader (Point-to-Point Protocol: IP (0x0021)) ns3::Ipv4Header (tos 0x0 DSCP Default ECN Not-ECT ttl 63 id 0 protocol 17 offset (bytes) 0 flags length: 540 10.1.3.3 > 10.1.2.4) ns3::UdpHeader (length: 520 49153 >... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nipa
11 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Some trace file to track timings of a process

I will initiate a process from Server1 and the flow is as follow Server1 --> Web server --> Application server --> DB Server Note all seperate unix servers. Now I need to put a trace for that process to track the timings from each server. Like the below trace should be there: ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: saraperu
5 Replies
local-filesystems(7)					 Miscellaneous Information Manual				      local-filesystems(7)

NAME
local-filesystems - event signalling that local filesystems have been mounted SYNOPSIS
local-filesystems [ENV]... DESCRIPTION
The local-filesystems event is generated by the mountall(8) daemon after it has mounted all local filesystems listed in fstab(5). moun- tall(8) emits this event as an informational signal, services and tasks started or stopped by this event will do so in parallel with other activity. This event is typically used by services that must be started in order for remote filesystems, if any, to be activated. Remember that some users may not consider it wrong to place /usr on a remote filesystem. For most normal services the filesystem(7) event is sufficient. This event will never occur before the virtual-filesystems(7) event. EXAMPLE
A service that wishes to be running once local filesystems are mounted might use: start on local-filesystems SEE ALSO
mounting(7) mounted(7) virtual-filesystems(7) remote-filesystems(7) all-swaps(7) filesystem(7) mountall 2009-12-21 local-filesystems(7)