Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Internal PCI X RAID Controller issue ? Post 302679981 by bakunin on Wednesday 1st of August 2012 04:42:11 AM
Old 08-01-2012
I do not have your hardware at hand, so the advice tends to be a bit general.

Having said this: is your PCI-X SCSI-Adapter RAID-capable at all? "SCSI" is a way to connect disks, whereas "RAID" is a way to organize several physical disks into one big logical disk. A SCSI adapter doesn't necessarily have to be RAID-capable at all (and maybe yours isn't).

Are there any disks attached to the controller? Without (enough) disks you can't create a RAID-array, obviously.

I hope this helps.

bakunin

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SCO

driver needed for hp smartarry p200i sas raid controller

recently we have purchased hp proliant ml350 g5 server and configured raid 5 with hp smartarray p200i sas controller.but i could not found any sas raid controller hp smartarry p200i driver for sco unix 5.0.7 :(.i searched on hp support site,but no use.any one can help. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: prakrithi
3 Replies

2. Solaris

RAID controller needed for SVM?

hi this may be a very stupid question, but im quite new to Solaris (gonna buid my first system, Solaris 10 on x86 system, connected to other windows systems in a home network) i wanna put a RAID 5 system in there to back up my other systems at home; iv read that its really so easy with SVM to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Landser
4 Replies

3. Solaris

T5240 and Internal SAS RAID Configuration help

Dear Friends, I need to configure T5240 with Internal SAS RAID HBA(SG-XPCIESAS-R-INT-Z).. T5240 uses 8 hard disks... From the documents of RAID card I have found that I need to create a jump start server to include three packages SUNWaac, StorMan, SUNWgccruntime if Im using solaris10 5/08... ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nicktrix
5 Replies

4. Red Hat

linux server with raid controller card

I am planning on building a fedora box with raid controller (database server). Is anybody done that ? also what kind of software do you need to backup and recover data. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amir07
1 Replies

5. Hardware

Problem with External Raid Controller.

Hi, We have a Sunfire 4150 with On-Board Internal Raid Controller connected to 4 X 146 GB SAS disks. This also has an External Raid Controller (Storagetek Eight-Port, External HBA Model SG-XPCIESAS-R-EXT-Z) connected to a JBOD array ( Storagetek XTA2530 ) which has 5 X 300 GB Hard disk. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ranjansukumar
1 Replies

6. AIX

SCSI PCI - X RAID Controller card RAID 5 AIX Disks disappeared

Hello, I have a scsi pci x raid controller card on which I had created a disk array of 3 disks when I type lspv ; I used to see 3 physical disks ( two local disks and one raid 5 disk ) suddenly the raid 5 disk array disappeared ; so the hardware engineer thought the problem was with SCSI... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
0 Replies

7. Red Hat

RAID Configuration for IBM Serveraid-7k SCSI RAID Controller

Hello, I want to delete a RAID configuration an old server has. Since i haven't the chance to work with the specific raid controller in the past can you please help me how to perform the configuraiton? I downloaded IBM ServeRAID Support CD but i wasn't able to configure the video card so i... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: @dagio
0 Replies

8. Red Hat

Separate HDD test using RAID controller

Hello, I am using Red Hat 2.6.23.1 with RAID 6 controller (card). (When I use "cat /proc/partitions" I do not see the separate HDDs in the RAID, I see one drive for the RAID itself, as it is considered 1 large drive.) I used a "dd" check to test my RAID drive speed and found it was a bit slow,... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dbugy
7 Replies

9. SCO

SCO OS 6 Driver for LSIL SAS1064E Raid Controller

Hi all, A client has an SCO OpenServer Server 6.0, that is running on an HP ProLiant Box and they lost the root password. Its equipped with a Doal-Core Intel Pentium Processor. They don't have any media or emergency disk anymore. I tried to boot with the CD Rom, then "Tools", then exit to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: thm2222
7 Replies

10. Solaris

Sun Fire v440 Hard disk or controller broken? WARNING: /pci@1f,700000/scsi@2/sd@0,0 (sd1)

Hi, I have a Sun Fire V440 server that fails to boot up correctly. A lot of services are not started and the sytems acts really slow to commands. During boot I can see the following Error: WARNING: /pci@1f,700000/scsi@2/sd@0,0 (sd1): SCSI transport failed: reason 'reset': retrying... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: oliwei
15 Replies
DPT(4)							   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						    DPT(4)

NAME
dpt -- DPT RAID Controller SCSI driver SYNOPSIS
To compile this driver into the kernel, place the following lines in your kernel configuration file: device scbus device dpt For one or more EISA cards: device eisa For one or more PCI cards: device pci To allow PCI adapters to use memory mapped I/O if enabled: options DPT_ALLOW_MEMIO Alternatively, to load the driver as a module at boot time, place the following line in loader.conf(5): dpt_load="YES" DESCRIPTION
The dpt driver supports DPT RAID SCSI controllers. SmartRAID (PM3???) are "Enterprise" class cards, and SmartCache (PM2???) cards are in the "Workstation" class. The Gen 4 Smart Cache IV products were a re-issue of the Gen 3 utilizing upgraded (and cheaper to produce) silicon. The PM3334 (Smart RAID III) was not revamped as there was no upgraded silicon (68040 processor) and it was using the best DPT made. Note there has been customer confusion over the faster enterprise class card supported by this driver being an older generation. The Gen5 cards are supported by the asr(4) driver. HARDWARE
The dpt driver provides support for the following RAID adapters: o DPT Smart Cache Plus o Smart Cache II (PM2?2?, PM2022 [EISA], PM2024/PM2124 [PCI]) (Gen2) o Smart RAID II (PM3?2?, PM3021, PM3222) o Smart Cache III (PM2?3?) o Smart RAID III (PM3?3?, PM3332 [EISA], PM3334UW [PCI]) (Gen3) o Smart Cache IV (PM2?4?, PM2042 [EISA], PM2044/PM2144 [PCI]) (Gen4) o Smart RAID IV SEE ALSO
asr(4), cd(4), ch(4), da(4), sa(4), scsi(4) HISTORY
The dpt driver first appeared in FreeBSD 2.2.6. AUTHORS
The dpt driver was written by Simon Shapiro and ported to the CAM SCSI system by Justin T. Gibbs. BSD
November 13, 2014 BSD