Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris step step apache2 configuration doc Post 302679697 by cjashu on Tuesday 31st of July 2012 12:11:11 PM
Old 07-31-2012
step step apache2 configuration doc

Hi Guys,
does anyone know of a step by step guide on how configure apache2 web server in solaris 10?

I will really appreciate it.

Thanks a lot
This User Gave Thanks to cjashu For This Post:

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

install of sco unix step by step

HI I am new to unix and need to install sco unix on a new server - could anybody help me with the steps I need to take - the hd is a 9gb scsi drive (pretty old machine) Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: porikamu
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Step by step Installation of Unix SCO 2.1

I am new to unix and server at my job crashed due to hardware problem. I'm now opted to install sco unix on a new server - could anybody help me with the steps I need to take (pretty old machine) Thanks & Regards Nancy :( (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nensee7
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

works step by step on command line but not in script

Hi all, The following script is fine when I work via command line m=1 c=0 while do echo $m gnokii --getsms IN $m > out.txt; m=`expr $m + 1`; cat out.txt >> message_log; ############ read first crap< <(sed -n '/Text:/{n;p;}' out.txt); read message< <(sed -n '/Text:/{n;p;}'... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: whamchaxed
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Step by step to replace Failed disk

Hi all. This may be a stupid question but here goes: I lost a disk on my Sun-Fire 480-r and want to replace it. I don't care about the data, I just need to get a new disk in. Can anyone supply me with step by step procedure please. I am not an expert by any means and it is a dev box so I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jamie_collins
1 Replies

5. Linux

May you explain step by step where and how I will add pseudo code

Thank all of you. May you explain step by step where and how I will add pseudo code Note : I have Linux 2.6.24-26-server on x86_64 dears kindly help me (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nonowa
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Test shell script step by step?

Hi to all, I don't know if someone has done sometime a MS Excel Macro, that allows us to press F8 over the code to see step by step, to mention something, how is running the code, which values take the variables, if some loop is executing correct or where a error occurs, and some other... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ophiuchus
7 Replies

7. What is on Your Mind?

Slowly Removing Bold Font Style - Step-by-Step

FYI, I'm slowly removing a lot of the bold font-styles from titles of discussions, forum titles, etc I'm not removing bold for the entire site because we do need bold from time to time, especially in posts and sometimes in other places. However, the original forum style had way too much... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
3 Replies
APACHE2(8)							      apache2								APACHE2(8)

NAME
apache2 - Apache Hypertext Transfer Protocol Server SYNOPSIS
apache2 [ -d serverroot ] [ -f config ] [ -C directive ] [ -c directive ] [ -D parameter ] [ -e level ] [ -E file ] [ -k start|restart|graceful|stop|graceful-stop ] [ -R directory ] [ -h ] [ -l ] [ -L ] [ -S ] [ -t ] [ -v ] [ -V ] [ -X ] [ -M ] SUMMARY
apache2 is the Apache HyperText Transfer Protocol (HTTP) server program. It is designed to be run as a standalone daemon process. When used like this it will create a pool of child processes or threads to handle requests. In general, apache2 should not be invoked directly, but rather should be invoked via /etc/init.d/apache2 or apache2ctl. The default Debian configuration requires environment variables that are defined in /etc/apache2/envvars and are not available if apache2 is started directly. However, apache2ctl can be used to pass arbitrary arguments to apache2. DOCUMENTATION
The full documentation is available in the apache2-doc package or at http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/ . Information about Debian specific changes and configuration can be found in /usr/share/doc/apache2/README.Debian.gz . OPTIONS
-d serverroot Set the initial value for the ServerRoot directive to serverroot. This can be overridden by the ServerRoot directive in the configu- ration file. -f config Uses the directives in the file config on startup. If config does not begin with a /, then it is taken to be a path relative to the ServerRoot. The default is /etc/apache2/apache2.conf. -k start|restart|graceful|stop|graceful-stop Signals apache2 to start, restart, or stop. See Stopping Apache for more information. -C directive Process the configuration directive before reading config files. -c directive Process the configuration directive after reading config files. -D parameter Sets a configuration parameter which can be used with <IfDefine> sections in the configuration files to conditionally skip or process commands at server startup and restart. -e level Sets the LogLevel to level during server startup. This is useful for temporarily increasing the verbosity of the error messages to find problems during startup. -E file Send error messages during server startup to file. -R directory When the server is compiled using the SHARED_CORE rule, this specifies the directory for the shared object files. -h Output a short summary of available command line options. -l Output a list of modules compiled into the server. This will not list dynamically loaded modules included using the LoadModule directive. -L Output a list of directives together with expected arguments and places where the directive is valid. -M Dump a list of loaded Static and Shared Modules. -S Show the settings as parsed from the config file (currently only shows the virtualhost settings). -t Run syntax tests for configuration files only. The program immediately exits after these syntax parsing tests with either a return code of 0 (Syntax OK) or return code not equal to 0 (Syntax Error). If -D DUMP_VHOSTS is also set, details of the virtual host con- figuration will be printed. If -D DUMP_MODULES is set, all loaded modules will be printed. -v Print the version of apache2, and then exit. -V Print the version and build parameters of apache2, and then exit. -X Run apache2 in debug mode. Only one worker will be started and the server will not detach from the console. SEE ALSO
apache2ctl(8), /usr/share/doc/apache2/README.Debian.gz Apache HTTP Server 2008-04-05 APACHE2(8)