Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: ulimit command
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat ulimit command Post 302678761 by agama on Sunday 29th of July 2012 07:34:22 PM
Old 07-29-2012
Ulimit is implemented by the shell, and thus the options that are recognised, and thus the allowable order of the options, is up to each shell. Kshell allows either ulimit -Hc value or ulimit -cH value while bash seems only to allow -Hc value (probably because it assumes any characters following the 'c' without a space are to be interpreted as the value).

So the real question is what is your underlying shell that is interpreting your script? If it is bash, then you'll have to ensure that ulimit -Hc is what is coded. If you are using Kshell, then either format should work. I cannot say how other shells will react as I don't have any installed anywhere to test.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ulimit -d

All I am trying to do ulimit -d unlimited and I get "sh: ulimit: The specified value exceeds the user's allowable limit." Can someone please help me understand, how to change this! Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: adadevil
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ulimit

Hi, system aix 4.3 when I execute umilit i get result "unlimited". why cant i ftp or extract from media filesize over 2gig.... e.g FS /test/testy is large file enabled. any help will be greatly appreciated. thnx (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Student37
3 Replies

3. Solaris

ulimit

Hi, I need to increase the open files on my server to run a test. Usually what I do is: ulimit -n 5000 My questions are: 1] I want to set this parameter once and for all. What is the right parameter to set in /etc/system: rlim_fd_max or rlim_fd_cur? 2] How to make sure that this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: melanie_pfefer
1 Replies

4. Solaris

ulimit command

Hi, I have a Sun machine 5.8 and would like to modify the ulimit parameter for numner of file descriptors. the output of plimit <process name> is: 4100: process_name resource current maximum time(seconds) unlimited unlimited file(blocks) ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: inquirer
8 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

ulimit

hi what is the difference between file and data? if file is unlimited, does that mean we can have a file as big as we like? thanks. file(blocks) unlimited data(kbytes) 1048576 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: JamesByars
6 Replies

6. Solaris

ulimit

how do i check the ulimit set on my server.. ca i know whats the command ?? thanks in advance .. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: expert
5 Replies

7. HP-UX

ulimit Command Problem???

Hi, I have changed the ulimit for the user dsadm on one of my server. Its only changed IF i su to dsadm from root, but its not changing if i ssh to dsadm. i want to change the data(kbytes)to unlimited. i edit the /etc/profile and .profile of dsadm user by set this my OS 11.31 ulimit -d... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mousa55
1 Replies

8. Solaris

ulimit

Hello, could you help me please? I write in command line: "ulimit 500" -> i've set the max size of 512-bytes blocks that i can write in one file. But when after it i use ulimit.3c in my program: "ulimit(UL_GETFSIZE);" the result turns out 1000. Why is it so? They always differ so that one is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zhenya_
2 Replies

9. Linux

ulimit -n

Hi im a complete noob to shell commands but here is my problem i have a dedicated server i7 with 24 gig ram i have whm/cpanel on it now ive added a minecraft system to root but i cannot set the server to more than 512mb memory i was told its because the memory is being blocked and was told to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: gazzac
7 Replies

10. Red Hat

Ulimit -c unlimited

I was trying to generate core dump of a process.But it is not generated. While digging up the issue I found that Core File Size is set to 0. I set it with #ulimit -c unlimited.After that I found the core file size is set to 0 (ulimit -a).I exit that session and again logged in.But found the core... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anjan Ganguly
12 Replies
Bio::Structure::Atom(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Bio::Structure::Atom(3pm)

NAME
Bio::Structure::Atom - Bioperl structure Object, describes an Atom SYNOPSIS
#add synopsis here DESCRIPTION
This object stores a Bio::Structure::Atom FEEDBACK
Mailing Lists User feedback is an integral part of the evolution of this and other Bioperl modules. Send your comments and suggestions preferably to one of the Bioperl mailing lists. Your participation is much appreciated. bioperl-l@bioperl.org - General discussion http://bioperl.org/wiki/Mailing_lists - About the mailing lists Support Please direct usage questions or support issues to the mailing list: bioperl-l@bioperl.org rather than to the module maintainer directly. Many experienced and reponsive experts will be able look at the problem and quickly address it. Please include a thorough description of the problem with code and data examples if at all possible. Reporting Bugs Report bugs to the Bioperl bug tracking system to help us keep track the bugs and their resolution. Bug reports can be submitted via the web: https://redmine.open-bio.org/projects/bioperl/ AUTHOR - Kris Boulez Email kris.boulez@algonomics.com APPENDIX
The rest of the documentation details each of the object methods. Internal methods are usually preceded with a _ new() Title : new() Usage : $struc = Bio::Structure::Atom->new( -id => 'human_id', ); Function: Returns a new Bio::Structure::Atom object from basic constructors. Probably most called from Bio::Structure::IO. Returns : a new Bio::Structure::Atom object x() Title : x Usage : $x = $atom->x($x); Function: Set/gets the X coordinate for an Atom Returns : The value for the X coordinate of the Atom (This is just a number, it is expected to be in Angstrom, but no garantees) Args : The X coordinate as a number y() Title : y Usage : $y = $atom->y($y); Function: Set/gets the Y coordinate for an Atom Returns : The value for the Y coordinate of the Atom (This is just a number, it is eypected to be in Angstrom, but no garantees) Args : The Y coordinate as a number z() Title : z Usage : $z = $atom->z($z); Function: Set/gets the Z coordinate for an Atom Returns : The value for the Z coordinate of the Atom (This is just a number, it is ezpected to be in Angstrom, but no garantees) Args : The Z coordinate as a number xyz() Title : xyz Usage : ($x,$y,$z) = $atom->xyz; Function: Gets the XYZ coordinates for an Atom Returns : A list with the value for the XYZ coordinate of the Atom Args : residue() Title : residue Usage : Function: No code here, all parent/child stuff via Entry Returns : Args : icode() Title : icode Usage : $icode = $atom->icode($icode) Function: Sets/gets the icode Returns : Returns the icode for this atom Args : reference to an Atom serial() Title : serial Usage : $serial = $atom->serial($serial) Function: Sets/gets the serial number Returns : Returns the serial number for this atom Args : reference to an Atom occupancy() Title : occupancy Usage : $occupancy = $atom->occupancy($occupancy) Function: Sets/gets the occupancy Returns : Returns the occupancy for this atom Args : reference to an Atom tempfactor() Title : tempfactor Usage : $tempfactor = $atom->tempfactor($tempfactor) Function: Sets/gets the tempfactor Returns : Returns the tempfactor for this atom Args : reference to an Atom segID() Title : segID Usage : $segID = $atom->segID($segID) Function: Sets/gets the segID Returns : Returns the segID for this atom Args : reference to an Atom pdb_atomname() Title : pdb_atomname Usage : $pdb_atomname = $atom->pdb_atomname($pdb_atomname) Function: Sets/gets the pdb_atomname (atomname used in the PDB file) Returns : Returns the pdb_atomname for this atom Args : reference to an Atom element() Title : element Usage : $element = $atom->element($element) Function: Sets/gets the element Returns : Returns the element for this atom Args : reference to an Atom charge() Title : charge Usage : $charge = $atom->charge($charge) Function: Sets/gets the charge Returns : Returns the charge for this atom Args : reference to an Atom sigx() Title : sigx Usage : $sigx = $atom->sigx($sigx) Function: Sets/gets the sigx Returns : Returns the sigx for this atom Args : reference to an Atom sigy() Title : sigy Usage : $sigy = $atom->sigy($sigy) Function: Sets/gets the sigy Returns : Returns the sigy for this atom Args : reference to an Atom sigz() Title : sigz Usage : $sigz = $atom->sigz($sigz) Function: Sets/gets the sigz Returns : Returns the sigz for this atom Args : reference to an Atom sigocc() Title : sigocc Usage : $sigocc = $atom->sigocc($sigocc) Function: Sets/gets the sigocc Returns : Returns the sigocc for this atom Args : reference to an Atom sigtemp() Title : sigtemp Usage : $sigtemp = $atom->sigtemp($sigtemp) Function: Sets/gets the sigtemp Returns : Returns the sigtemp for this atom Args : reference to an Atom aniso() Title : aniso Usage : $u12 = $atom->aniso("u12", $u12) Function: Sets/gets the anisotropic temperature factors Returns : Returns the requested factor for this atom Args : reference to an Atom, name of the factor, value for the factor id() Title : id Usage : $atom->id("CZ2") Function: Gets/sets the ID for this atom Returns : the ID Args : the ID _remove_residue() Title : _remove_residue Usage : Function: Removes the Residue this Atom is atttached to. Returns : Args : _grandparent() Title : _grandparent Usage : Function: get/set a symbolic reference to our grandparent Returns : Args : perl v5.14.2 2012-03-02 Bio::Structure::Atom(3pm)