Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Writing a bash script using host Post 302678391 by relsha on Friday 27th of July 2012 06:55:15 PM
Old 07-27-2012
Ok. Thanks. Let me see how that works.

---------- Post updated at 05:55 PM ---------- Previous update was at 05:43 PM ----------

now it says:
Code:
host:  couldn't get an address for 'A' :  not found
./nslookup:  line 6:  69.147.76.15:  command not found

Last edited by methyl; 07-27-2012 at 09:27 PM.. Reason: pleae use code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problems writing bash script to unzip files

I'm getting the following errors when I try to write a script to unzip some zip files. When I use the free trial copy of the commerical winzip program, however, they work fine. When I use -l or -t on unzip it indicates no errors. When I use the -o switch interactively from the bash command line it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: siegfried
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Writing Bash script

Could anyone help me to Write a script in BASH Shell to determine the percentage of system disk space you are using. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: boris
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Bash Script to check Remote Host Connection

Hi all, Can anyone tell/guide me how to check remote host is up/running using bash script? Thanks. Zulfiqar (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: zulfikarmd
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with writing simple bash script

I want to write a bash script to: 1. Send an email from localhost to an external gmail account. (gmail then automatically forwards the message back to a pop account on the same server. 2. Script waits 3 minutes then checks to see if the email arrived, and if not, it sends an email to... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sallyanne
9 Replies

5. Homework & Coursework Questions

brand new user!.. Lost on BASH script writing

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: I have just gotten into writing bash scripts for a class, part of the assignment is to read and be able to tell... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Byrang
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script to Automate the Virtual Host creation process!!

Hi all, This is my sample code in /etc/httpd/conf.d/applications.conf file currently we are creating subdomain mannually for every new subdomain. I want to automate this process througs bash script , how its possible. <VirtualHost *:80> ServerName google.com ServerAlias google.com... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: anishkumarv
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mkbootfs writing to stdout in bash script

Hi, I need to automate some repacking tasks of a boot image for Android When in command line, I can use this command: mkbootfs /path/to/root > /path/to/ramdisk-recovery.cpio;However, if I try to run the command from a shell script under Ubuntu, it fails and outputs to stdout instead of the... (27 Replies)
Discussion started by: Phil3759
27 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Question about writing a bash script

Hello, I want to write a bash script to delete the content after '#'. However, if '#' appears in a string with "", ignore this. For example, input file: test #delete "test #not delete" Output file: test "test #not delete" Does anyone know how to write this script? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jeffwang66
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Writing hive scripts in bash script file

Hi, I wanted to load data from HDFS to HIVE by writing bash script. Description: I have written a bash script to validate the data and loaded validated data from local file system to HDFS. Now in the same bash script i wanted to load the data from HDFS to HIVE. How can i do it ? Also how tyhe... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shree11
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Telnet Bash Script (Connection closed by foreign host.)

Hello Everyone, My following script is giving me problems, when the SIP trunk goes down and the telnet session is started and just when the command is about to complete the connection is closed then script restarts. I have noticed that as soon the script types in "sys re" or "sys rebo" or... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeetz
6 Replies
set_color(1)							       fish							      set_color(1)

NAME
set_color - set_color - set the terminal color set_color - set the terminal color Synopsis set_color [-v --version] [-h --help] [-b --background COLOR] [COLOR] Description Change the foreground and/or background color of the terminal. COLOR is one of black, red, green, brown, yellow, blue, magenta, purple, cyan, white and normal. o -b, --background Set the background color o -c, --print-colors Prints a list of all valid color names o -h, --help Display help message and exit o -o, --bold Set bold or extra bright mode o -u, --underline Set underlined mode o -v, --version Display version and exit Calling set_color normal will set the terminal color to whatever is the default color of the terminal. Some terminals use the --bold escape sequence to switch to a brighter color set. On such terminals, set_color white will result in a grey font color, while set_color --bold white will result in a white font color. Not all terminal emulators support all these features. This is not a bug in set_color but a missing feature in the terminal emulator. set_color uses the terminfo database to look up how to change terminal colors on whatever terminal is in use. Some systems have old and incomplete terminfo databases, and may lack color information for terminals that support it. Download and install the latest version of ncurses and recompile fish against it in order to fix this issue. Version 1.23.1 Sun Jan 8 2012 set_color(1)