Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers terminator shell not working after upgrading ubuntu linux Post 302677733 by Corona688 on Thursday 26th of July 2012 03:24:01 PM
Old 07-26-2012
How is terminator usually used? Perhaps there's something missing in your profile.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Ubuntu

Fedora and Ubuntu not working out with GRUB

I have tried befre but nothing works out proprly. I have Ubuntu I try to Install Fedora Core 1. When Fedora Cora is finished Installing It doesnt show Ubuntu on Grub. If I re-install Ubuntu and put grub on then Fedora wont show. I also have Windows 98 but that is always on the list as DOS or... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: shade11
5 Replies

2. Ubuntu

upgrading from ubuntu 710 gusty to the new release from synaptic ?

i notice when i was in the synaptic manage the other day that the new release KDE 4 was there can i upgrade from synaptic or do i need to download the files from a different source? currently running kubuntu 7.10 gusty and haven't seened any kind of updates come through that gave me the option to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ksnovice
1 Replies

3. Ubuntu

linux ultimate edition upgrading!!

How can I upgrade my ultimate edition from 9.0 to 11.4 without re-installation? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Msoviet
1 Replies

4. Debian

Upgrading Ubuntu Server (10.04) using do-release-upgrade

I have a small server in work, essentially a desktop with Ubuntu Server 10.04 LTS. For the first time in it's life, I've started to get errors when running scripts involving large files. So before I give up on it, I was thinking of maybe getting the newer version of Ubuntu Server 14.04. I was... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cludgie
4 Replies

5. Ubuntu

Email not working on Ubuntu

Hello, I 'm getting following error in my mail log for the email i 'm sending to outside domain. Not able to figure out what is the issue. Can anyone please help me on this. wrong answer on RCPT TO "550 5.1.1 <xxxxxxx@microsoft.com>: Recipient address rejected: User unknown in local... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive562
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Linux/bash Script only working if executed from shell prompt

Hi, maybe I'm asking a VERY dumb question, but would anybody out there tell me, why this f****** script won't work if executed as a cronjob, but works fine if executed from a shell prompt? #! /bin/bash set PATH=/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin date >>... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: beislhur
3 Replies

7. SuSE

Upgrading from Suse Linux 10.1(x86-64)

Hi I don't know if this is good place for this post. I`m using a laptop whit suse Linux 10.1 installed on it (since I bought it) and its only Importance is one industrial 3d scan software installed on it. its an old laptop whit an old version of Linux is it possible to backup this installed... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mkhb75
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Typeset is not working in Linux korn shell scripting

Hi All, Kindly help on the below issue ASAP. Its very urgent. I have script in which we have below two lines for code and it is not working. Please help. files_to_process=" abc_*.log def_*.log ghi_*.log " typeset -A dir_list ${files_to_process} the script is failing in Linux... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tvbhkishore
3 Replies
WHAT-PATCH(1)						      General Commands Manual						     WHAT-PATCH(1)

NAME
what-patch - detect which patch system a Debian package uses SYNOPSIS
what-patch [options] DESCRIPTION
what-patch examines the debian/rules file to determine which patch system the Debian package is using. what-patch should be run from the root directory of the Debian source package. OPTIONS
Listed below are the command line options for what-patch: -h, --help Display a help message and exit. -v Enable verbose mode. This will include the listing of any files modified outside or the debian/ directory and report any additional details about the patch system if available. AUTHORS
what-patch was written by Kees Cook <kees@ubuntu.com>, Siegfried-A. Gevatter <rainct@ubuntu.com>, and Daniel Hahler <ubuntu@thequod.de>, among others. This manual page was written by Jonathan Patrick Davies <jpds@ubuntu.com>. Both are released under the GNU General Public License, version 3 or later. SEE ALSO
The Ubuntu MOTU team has some documentation about patch systems at the Ubuntu wiki: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/PackagingGuide/PatchSystems cdbs-edit-patch(1), dbs-edit-patch(1), dpatch-edit-patch(1) DEBIAN
Debian Utilities WHAT-PATCH(1)