Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Output all files fitting the pattern Post 302677727 by Corona688 on Thursday 26th of July 2012 03:21:17 PM
Old 07-26-2012
Code:
-bash-3.2$ ls /tmp/?[0-9]* | sort -r
ls: /tmp/?[0-9]*: No such file or directory

It means what it says; there's no files in /tmp/ which meet the criteria.

Could you give an example of the sort of filename you want to match?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pattern searching pattern in c files

I have a problem in searching a specific pattern in c files. My requirement: I have to find all the division operator in all cfiles. The problem is, the multi line comments and single line comments will also have forward slash in it. Even after avoiding these comments also, if both... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: murthybptl
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

copying a pattern of files in one directory into other with new pattern names...

Hi, I have to copy a set of files abc* in /path/ to /path1/ as abc*_bkp. The list of files appear as follows in /path/: abc1 xyszd abc2 re2345 abcx .. . abcxyz I have to copy them (abc* files only) into /path1/ as: abc1_bkp abc2_bkp abcx_bkp .. . (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: new_learner
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Fitting data in gnuplot with xyerrorbars

I was looking at the examples that show how to fit data using gnuplot (ex: gnuplot / misc (2E)) but I can't find a place that shows what to do if I have ranges for the x and y error bars. I tried the common sense: gnuplot> fit f(x) "data.txt" using 3:6:4:5:7:8 via a,b ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: cosmologist
8 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Gnuplot - Histogram Fitting

Hi I am trying to fit my histogram data with a gaussian model and am encountering two problems: 1. I can't seem to fit the histogram data with a model fit y(x) 'bin.txt' using 2:xtic(1) via a,b,c (error: need 2 to 7 using specs) 2. Even when I manually guess the correct parameters for my fit and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: goffinj
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find required files by pattern in xml files and the change the pattern on Linux

Hello, I need to find all *.xml files that matched by pattern on Linux. I need to have written the file name on the screen and then change the pattern in the file just was found. For instance. I can start the script with arguments for keyword and for value, i.e script.sh keyword... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yart
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Fitting a range of data

Hi, I am able to write an awk program that fits using the chi squared minimization method for each number is a data column... but I am wondering if it is possible to do that for a range of numbers at the same time. If I have a column for the observed data... and then say 10 columns for... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: cosmologist
13 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Displaying log file pattern output in tabular form output

Hi All, I have result log file which looks like this (below): from the content need to consolidate the result and put it in tabular form 1). Intercomponents Checking Passed: All Server are passed. ====================================================================== 2). OS version Checking... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Optimus81
9 Replies

8. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

How to add certain pattern to an output..?

Hi Everyone If i do this cat /usr/local/data/sales/taxware/indata/stepprod |wc -l i'll get output like this 5 And now i want to add a word for this output 'stepprod' (no quotes, only word) like below stepprod 5 Thank you (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ramanareddygv
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pattern output

Hi All, Seeking for your assistance on how to get the two pattern below. Example file1.txt GET /Sun/Cellular/version1/12 HTTP/1.0 100 Internal Error GET /Sun/Cellular/version1 GET /Sun/Cellular/version1 GET /Sun/Cellular/version1 GET /Sun/Cellular/version1/13 HTTP/1.0 100 Internal... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: znesotomayor
10 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use awk to output such a pattern?

Hi all, I want to output the following pattern in a comma separted format, but am not able to do it. Table1.FIND.Value= 124 Data Data Data Data Data Table1.FIND.Value =256 Data Data Data Data Data The outPut i expect is (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sidnow
5 Replies
DH_MOVEFILES(1) 						     Debhelper							   DH_MOVEFILES(1)

NAME
dh_movefiles - move files out of debian/tmp into subpackages SYNOPSIS
dh_movefiles [debhelperoptions] [--sourcedir=dir] [-Xitem] [file...] DESCRIPTION
dh_movefiles is a debhelper program that is responsible for moving files out of debian/tmp or some other directory and into other package build directories. This may be useful if your package has a Makefile that installs everything into debian/tmp, and you need to break that up into subpackages. Note: dh_install is a much better program, and you are recommended to use it instead of dh_movefiles. FILES
debian/package.files Lists the files to be moved into a package, separated by whitespace. The filenames listed should be relative to debian/tmp/. You can also list directory names, and the whole directory will be moved. OPTIONS
--sourcedir=dir Instead of moving files out of debian/tmp (the default), this option makes it move files out of some other directory. Since the entire contents of the sourcedir is moved, specifying something like --sourcedir=/ is very unsafe, so to prevent mistakes, the sourcedir must be a relative filename; it cannot begin with a `/'. -Xitem, --exclude=item Exclude files that contain item anywhere in their filename from being installed. file ... Lists files to move. The filenames listed should be relative to debian/tmp/. You can also list directory names, and the whole directory will be moved. It is an error to list files here unless you use -p, -i, or -a to tell dh_movefiles which subpackage to put them in. NOTES
Note that files are always moved out of debian/tmp by default (even if you have instructed debhelper to use a compatibility level higher than one, which does not otherwise use debian/tmp for anything at all). The idea behind this is that the package that is being built can be told to install into debian/tmp, and then files can be moved by dh_movefiles from that directory. Any files or directories that remain are ignored, and get deleted by dh_clean later. SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 11.1.6ubuntu2 2018-05-10 DH_MOVEFILES(1)