Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to takes the missing files? Post 302677379 by rdcwayx on Thursday 26th of July 2012 03:46:01 AM
Old 07-26-2012
Code:
seq 0 365|while read line 
do   
    d=$(date -d "Jan 1 +$line days " +%d%m)
    filename=qqss${d}.ddd
    if [[ ! -f  $filename ]]; then
         echo "$filename is not exist"
    fi
done

This User Gave Thanks to rdcwayx For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

files missing

a few of some live payroll files have been deleted / missing ... i've restored last nites backup ... what could be the possibilities of this strange occurance ... users have menus to work on and use these live files ... we run an aix box with a ksh shell. Where do I start ?? Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cubicle^dweller
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

echo and then cp the missing files

Hi.... I have two files abc.txt and xyz.txt. I want to echo and copy files from abc.txt to xyz.txt, which are not in xyz but present in abc.txt. Both of these files are in same directory. Please provide code with while or for loop.... :) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tushar_tus
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare 2 folders to find several missing files among huge amounts of files.

Hi, all: I've got two folders, say, "folder1" and "folder2". Under each, there are thousands of files. It's quite obvious that there are some files missing in each. I just would like to find them. I believe this can be done by "diff" command. However, if I change the above question a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jiapei100
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Report missing files

Hello I need to check various directories for the existence of files. If a file or more are missing I need to display it: e.g files in a dir: data_file.11032300.Z data_file.11032301.Z data_file.11032302.Z data_file.11032303.Z data_file.11032304.Z data_file.11032305.Z... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: drbiloukos
11 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need a shell script which takes two inputs and copy the files from one directory to other

Hi, I am using solari 10 OS which is having bash shell. I need a shell script which takes user home directory and name of the file or directory as a input and based on that copy the files accordingly to the other directory. example:I hava a machine1 which is having some files in a... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: muraliinfy04
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to take the missing files

Hi all , am using unix ksh I have a lots of files in /prb directory in the format as .. .. .. .. MMRR0607.DAT_2012 MMRR0707.DAT_2012 MMRR0907.DAT_2012 MMRR1107.DAT_2012 ... .. MMRR3107.DAT_2012 MMRR0208.DAT_2012 .. I need the output as Missing files are:- MMRR0807.DAT_2012 (note... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Venkatesh1
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to takes missing files

Hi Am using unix aix I have a group of files in File1 For ex:- Vi file1 A0405 A0605 A0805 When i tried using awk command am getting an error as No space a=`awk 'NF < 1 {next;} p && p != $1 { for( i = p; i < $1; i++ )print i; } {p = $1 + 1 }' file2` Error message:- + + awk NF <... (7 Replies)
7 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to takes the missing files in ascending order

Hi am using unix aix we have a lots of files which comes from server and fetch in one directory. the files will be in the format as File name as : ------------- pprr0103 (01 as date and 03 as month) pprr0203 pprr0603 ... ... pprr3103 pprr0304 Outputs:- Missing files as... (2 Replies)
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get the missing dependency from two files

#cat hwlock-full.dep libx11-6 >= 1.4.4 libz1 >= 1.2.7 libtinfo5 >= 5.9 libxcb1 >= 1.8.1 numactl >= 2.0.8+rc4 libpixman-1-0 >= 0.29.2 libxml2 >= 2.7.8 libxext6 >= 1.3.1 libxrender1 >= 0.9.7 libfreetype6 >= 2.4.9 libxcb-render0 >= 1.8.1 libcairo2 >= 1.12.14 libc6 >= 2.15 libxcb-shm0... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: yanglei_fage
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Finding largest files takes too long

Good evening. because the folder has thousand of files it takes too long and have some trouble to get the largest files and then compress files or delete it, for instance find . -size +10000000c -exec ls -ld {} \; |sort -k5n | grep -v .gz The above commad took an hour and i have to cancel... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexcol
10 Replies
SETCAP(8)                                                     System Manager's Manual                                                    SETCAP(8)

NAME
setcap - set file capabilities SYNOPSIS
setcap [-q] [-v] (capabilities|-|-r) filename [ ... capabilitiesN fileN ] DESCRIPTION
In the absence of the -v (verify) option setcap sets the capabilities of each specified filename to the capabilities specified. The -v option is used to verify that the specified capabilities are currently associated with the file. The capabilities are specified in the form described in cap_from_text(3). The special capability string, '-', can be used to indicate that capabilities are read from the standard input. In such cases, the capabil- ity set is terminated with a blank line. The special capability string, '-r', is used to remove a capability set from a file. The -q flag is used to make the program less verbose in its output. EXIT CODE
The setcap program will exit with a 0 exit code if successful. On failure, the exit code is 1. SEE ALSO
cap_from_text(3), cap_set_file(3), getcap(8) 24th October 2008 SETCAP(8)