Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting HELP: Shell Script to read a Log file line by line and extract Info based on KEYWORDS matching Post 302676523 by Corona688 on Tuesday 24th of July 2012 05:20:57 PM
Old 07-24-2012
I don't think those strings in the ) need to be in single quotes.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to read a line in gps receiver log file and append that line to new file

Hi, I have gps receiver log..its giving readings .like below Trying 127.0.0.1... Connected to localhost. Escape character is '^]'. GPSD,R=1 $GPGSV,3,1,11,08,16,328,40,11,36,127,00,28,33,283,39,20,11,165,00*71... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gudivada213
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

shell script to read file line by line

Hi, I need to read a text file from shell script line by line and copy the feilds of each line. Below is the complete requirement. I've text file which contains ... pgm1 file11 file12 file13 pgm2 file21 file22 pgm3 file31 file32 file33 I'll give input as... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ani12345
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how can u read a file line by line in shell script ?

hello , plz help for below script req:- how can we read a file line by line in shell script ? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhigrkist
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

get the fifth line of a text file into a shell script and trim the line to extract a WORD

FOLKS , i have a text file that is generated automatically of an another korn shell script, i want to bring in the fifth line of the text file in to my korn shell script and look for a particular word in the line . Can you all share some thoughts on this one. thanks... Venu (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: venu
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to read a text file line by line & process it...

Hi , I am trying to write an shell, which reads a text file (from a location) having a list of numbers of strictly 5 digits only ex: 33144 Now my script will check : 1) that each entry is only 5 digits & numeric only, no alphabets, & its not empty. 2)then it executes a shell script called... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: new_to_shell
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace line in file with line in another file based on matching string

Hi I am not the best scripter in the world and have run into a issue which you might be able to guide me on... I have two files. File1 : A123, valueA, valueB B234, valueA, valueB C345, valueA, valueB D456, valueA, valueB E567, valueA, valueB F678, valueA, valueB File2: C345,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: luckycharm
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to read multiple options from file, line by line

Hi all I have spent half a day trying to create a shell script which reads a configuration file on a line by line basis. The idea of the file is that each will contain server information, such as IP address and various port numbers. The line could also be blank (The file is user created). Here... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: haggismn
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace and add line in file with line in another file based on matching string

Hi, I want to achieve something similar to what described in another post: The difference is I want to add the line if the pattern is not found. File 1: A123, valueA, valueB B234, valueA, valueB C345, valueA, valueB D456, valueA, valueB E567, valueA, valueB F678, valueA, valueB ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: jyu3
11 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace line in file with line in another file based on matching string

HI Can any one guide me how to achieve this task. I have 2 files env.txt #Configuration.Properties values identity_server_url = http://identity.test-hit.com:9783/identity/service/user/register randon_password_length = 6 attachment_file_path = /pass/temp/attachments/... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nikilbr86
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script UNIX to read text file line by line

i have a text file as belows, it includes 2 columns, 1st is the column name, 2nd is the file_name data_file.txt column_name file_name col1 file1 col2 file2 col3 file1 col4 file1 col5 file2 now, i would like to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tester111
4 Replies
Perl::Critic::Policy::Variables::ProhibitPerl4PackageNamUser)Contributed Perl DocumenPerl::Critic::Policy::Variables::ProhibitPerl4PackageNames(3)

NAME
Perl::Critic::Policy::Variables::ProhibitPerl4PackageNames - Use double colon (::) to separate package name components instead of single quotes ('). AFFILIATION
This Policy is part of the core Perl::Critic distribution. DESCRIPTION
Perl 5 kept single quotes ("'") as package component separators in order to remain backward compatible with prior "perl"s, but advocated using double colon ("::") instead. In the more than a decade since Perl 5, double colons have been overwhelmingly adopted and most people are not even aware that the single quote can be used in this manner. So, unless you're trying to obfuscate your code, don't use them. package Foo::Bar::Baz; #ok package Foo'Bar'Baz; #not ok CONFIGURATION
This Policy is not configurable except for the standard options. SEE ALSO
perlmod AUTHOR
Elliot Shank "<perl@galumph.com>" COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2007-2011 Elliot Shank. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. The full text of this license can be found in the LICENSE file included with this module. perl v5.16.3 2014-06-09 Perl::Critic::Policy::Variables::ProhibitPerl4PackageNames(3)