Sponsored Content
Homework and Emergencies Emergency UNIX and Linux Support Oracle/Xen/OVM/OCFS2/Multipath/SAN Problems Post 302675723 by radoulov on Monday 23rd of July 2012 12:29:30 PM
Old 07-23-2012
Thanks for sharing the solution!

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

How to configure my SAN with Sun V880 servers to run Oracle 9i

Hi: I am in the process of configuring the SAN for Solaris to host 6 oracle 9i databases. We have 30 -146 GB disks stiped with RAID 10 for SAN. Of which 11 are dedicated for databsaes related things. Then we have 2 v880 Sun Servers with 16 -73 GB disks and 24 GB memory. The questions... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: oracle_dba
1 Replies

2. AIX

urgent problems with ESS SAN, SDD upgrade on AIX 5.3 server

Hi all, Sorry if this is in the wrong place but needed to make sure lots of people saw this so that hopefully someone will be able to help. Basically i've upgraded a test server from 4.3 to 5.3 TL04. The server has hdisk0 and 1 as rootvg locally but then has another vg setup on our ESS... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: djdavies
5 Replies

3. AIX

AIX SAN configuration problems/oddity

Hi, I have a strange problem. we're trying to connect an IBM pseries, to a Brocade switch, for SAN acess, using a badged emulex card, (IBM FC6239) WE can configure the device to see the fabric. The only problem we have is that the Brocade sees the HBA as storage, and not as a HBA. We've zoned... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: praxis22
1 Replies

4. AIX

Problems AIX and SAN.

Sorry for my english. We have a IBM BLADES JS21. AIX 5.3 update to 6. Our JS21 has 2 FC (fcs0 and fcs1). We have one DS4072, one Disk system with 2 controllers and 2 FC by controllers. This means, all AIX FC see all Disk systems controllers by 2 FC switchs. (one fc two roads) FC AIX... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: fjgonzalez
4 Replies

5. Solaris

Oracle backup failures after SAN change.

Hi, We are moving the RMAN oracle backup to tape on daily basis.After they went for SAN change in the solaris server , we started receiveing ora-600 errors and backup is getting fails. I am from Oracle DBA team.I need to know whether any command for check SAN change or root cause for this... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nokiae63
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Oracle VM / T3 SAN or Local for LDOMS?

I have some T3's we just purchased and we are looking to carve these up into LDOMS's. Just wondering if anyone can give me a quick run down or pro / cons on SAN vs local internal for the LDOM itself. These will external SAN storage for their applications. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jlouki01
0 Replies

7. Linux

Oracle Linux 7.1 Multipath

Need attach Oracle Linux 7.1 to IBM Storage DS5300 in AIX use sddpcm package for storage driver, but in oracle linux i can not find similar driver in IBM site. Someone confronted with a like case ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: penchev
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris SAN Storage Multipath and Messages Check Script

Hi everybody, i am working on the new script , its job discover the Storage Env ( especially MultiPATH ) and FC cards for solaris 11 sparc systems for now.. script is seem working ( but may contain any mistakes or bug ) on the oracle Qlogic fc cards on Emc_VMAx systems and Solaris 11 Sparc_64... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ygemici
0 Replies

9. UNIX and Linux Applications

Suggestion on running critical Oracle DBs on OVM

Hello, We have few critical databases running on T series servers. Setup consists of LDOMS and zonemanager running on them and databases are running on their zones. We want to get away from this setup and looking for alternate solution to run our Oracle databases. One option is OVM from Oracle.... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
7 Replies
SPPRFS(l)								 )								 SPPRFS(l)

NAME
SPPRFS - improve the computed solution to a system of linear equations when the coefficient matrix is symmetric positive definite and packed, and provides error bounds and backward error estimates for the solution SYNOPSIS
SUBROUTINE SPPRFS( UPLO, N, NRHS, AP, AFP, B, LDB, X, LDX, FERR, BERR, WORK, IWORK, INFO ) CHARACTER UPLO INTEGER INFO, LDB, LDX, N, NRHS INTEGER IWORK( * ) REAL AFP( * ), AP( * ), B( LDB, * ), BERR( * ), FERR( * ), WORK( * ), X( LDX, * ) PURPOSE
SPPRFS improves the computed solution to a system of linear equations when the coefficient matrix is symmetric positive definite and packed, and provides error bounds and backward error estimates for the solution. ARGUMENTS
UPLO (input) CHARACTER*1 = 'U': Upper triangle of A is stored; = 'L': Lower triangle of A is stored. N (input) INTEGER The order of the matrix A. N >= 0. NRHS (input) INTEGER The number of right hand sides, i.e., the number of columns of the matrices B and X. NRHS >= 0. AP (input) REAL array, dimension (N*(N+1)/2) The upper or lower triangle of the symmetric matrix A, packed columnwise in a linear array. The j-th column of A is stored in the array AP as follows: if UPLO = 'U', AP(i + (j-1)*j/2) = A(i,j) for 1<=i<=j; if UPLO = 'L', AP(i + (j-1)*(2n-j)/2) = A(i,j) for j<=i<=n. AFP (input) REAL array, dimension (N*(N+1)/2) The triangular factor U or L from the Cholesky factorization A = U**T*U or A = L*L**T, as computed by SPPTRF/CPPTRF, packed column- wise in a linear array in the same format as A (see AP). B (input) REAL array, dimension (LDB,NRHS) The right hand side matrix B. LDB (input) INTEGER The leading dimension of the array B. LDB >= max(1,N). X (input/output) REAL array, dimension (LDX,NRHS) On entry, the solution matrix X, as computed by SPPTRS. On exit, the improved solution matrix X. LDX (input) INTEGER The leading dimension of the array X. LDX >= max(1,N). FERR (output) REAL array, dimension (NRHS) The estimated forward error bound for each solution vector X(j) (the j-th column of the solution matrix X). If XTRUE is the true solution corresponding to X(j), FERR(j) is an estimated upper bound for the magnitude of the largest element in (X(j) - XTRUE) divided by the magnitude of the largest element in X(j). The estimate is as reliable as the estimate for RCOND, and is almost always a slight overestimate of the true error. BERR (output) REAL array, dimension (NRHS) The componentwise relative backward error of each solution vector X(j) (i.e., the smallest relative change in any element of A or B that makes X(j) an exact solution). WORK (workspace) REAL array, dimension (3*N) IWORK (workspace) INTEGER array, dimension (N) INFO (output) INTEGER = 0: successful exit < 0: if INFO = -i, the i-th argument had an illegal value PARAMETERS
ITMAX is the maximum number of steps of iterative refinement. LAPACK version 3.0 15 June 2000 SPPRFS(l)