Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to enable syslog logging. Post 302674919 by bakunin on Friday 20th of July 2012 11:32:11 PM
Old 07-21-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackiebaron
Jul 18 11:31:41 rtpclabpcrfl41 avahi-daemon[8761]: Registering new address record for 172.26.100.63 on eth1.
Jul 18 11:31:41 rtpclabpcrfl41 avahi-daemon[8761]: Withdrawing address record for 172.26.100.63 on eth1.
Jul 18 11:31:41 rtpclabpcrfl41 avahi-daemon[8761]: Registering new address record for 172.26.100.63 on eth1.
Jul 18 11:31:41 rtpclabpcrfl41 avahi-daemon[8761]: Withdrawing address record for 172.26.100.63 on eth1.
Jul 18 11:31:42 rtpclabpcrfl41 avahi-daemon[8761]: Registering new address record for 172.26.100.63 on eth1.
Jul 18 16:48:54 rtpclabpcrfl41 avahi-daemon[8761]: Withdrawing address record for 172.26.100.67 on eth1.
To me this looks like something in Avahi has gone awry. Syslog is just the place where that condition is showing.

Avahi is a network discovery service, which polls for printers and similar devices. If you don't have a laptop or a very rapidly-changing network environment you probably should disable it altogether.

I hope this helps.

bakunin

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

editing syslog to stop a particular daemon logging

Hi there I get the following message im my messages file 2 or 3 times a second Dec 4 11:44:18 my-box in.timed: connect from localhost I would like to stop in.timed from logging to syslog altogether as this message is filling up my disk. I dont want to stop daemon.info altogether... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
0 Replies

2. Solaris

enable log

dear all i want to enable the below logs can you help me /var/adm/xferlog /var/spool/uucp/.Admin thanx you (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: murad.jaber
0 Replies

3. Linux

How to enable Hibernate

Hi, I want to enable hibernate in my machine. when i click hibernate option, it is throwing message that hibernate is not enabled in kernel. earlier, i was hibernating in the same machine with windows os. any idea ? Thx in advance. Siva (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sivaswami
0 Replies

4. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Constant Logging In (After Logging Out)

Hi Everyone. First, I want to thank all of you for letting me participate in this great group. I am having a bit of a problem. After I get an email from a responder, I login to make my reply. In the mean time I get another response by email from another member, I go to reply to them and I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ccccc
6 Replies

5. Solaris

How to enable logging in Solaris 10?

hi all, i want to log every thing happen in my server is any body can provide me with articals, pdf's is that correct to log every thing in the system what is the most important thing i should i log it (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: corvinusbsd
4 Replies

6. Solaris

enable the ssh

hi, i want to enable ssh on my solaris,i use $svcs -p ssh it showing STATE STIME FMRI maintenance 10:06:16 svc:/network/ssh:default why the state in maintenance state, so i could n't able to login using ssh. pls help me to enable ssh. thanks, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shankr3
1 Replies

7. Fedora

Enable a Key

Hi team, Print Screen key is disabled in my machine. How can i enable it?? How do i do that via command line?? Or tell me in GUI.. Am using Linux Fedora 14 OS. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Adhi
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Enable logging from within the shell script

Bash on Oracle Linux 6.3 I have a shell script whose output I want to redict to a log file. So, I can simply redirect the output as shown below. # cat myscript.sh #### I actually want some logging mechanism here which will redirect the output to a log file echo 'hello world' #... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: John K
3 Replies

9. Linux

Syslog not logging successful logging while unlocking server's console

When unlocking a Linux server's console there's no event indicating successful logging Is there a way I can fix this ? I have the following in my rsyslog.conf auth.info /var/log/secure authpriv.info /var/log/secure (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: walterthered
1 Replies

10. AIX

How could I enable logging of bind 9 forwarders messages?

How could I enable logging of bind 9 forwarders messages? I have the following but forwarded requests do not show up in the logs even when running named in debug 10 mode: logging { channel syslog_errors { // this channel will send errors or ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Devyn
0 Replies
CGRULESENGD(8)							 libcgroup Manual						    CGRULESENGD(8)

NAME
cgrulesengd - control group rules daemon SYNOPSIS
cgrulesengd [options] DESCRIPTION
cgrulesengd is a daemon, which distributes processes to control groups. When any process changes its effective UID or GID, cgrulesengd inspects the list of rules loaded from the cgrules.conf file and moves the process to the appropriate control group. The list of rules is read during the daemon startup is are cached in the daemon's memory. The daemon reloads the list of rules when it receives SIGUSR2 signal. The daemon opens a standard unix socket to receive 'sticky' requests from cgexec. OPTIONS
-h|--help Display help. -f <path>|--logfile=<path> Write log messages to the given log file. When '-' is used as <path>, log messages are written to the standard output. If '-f' and '-s' are used together, the logs are sent to both destinations. -s[facility]|--syslog=[facility] Write log messages to syslog. The default facility is DAEMON. If '-f' and '-s' are used together, the logs are sent to both destina- tions. -n|--nodaemon Don't fork the daemon, stay in the foreground. -v|--verbose Display more log messages. This option can be used twice to enable more verbose log messages. -q|--quiet Display less log messages. This option can be used twice to enable even less log messages and to only log errors. -Q|--nolog Disable logging. -d|--debug Equivalent to '-nvvf -', i.e. don't fork the daemon, display all log messages and write them to the standard output. -u <user>|--socket-user=<user> -g <group>|--socket-group=<group> Set the owner of cgrulesengd socket. Assumes that cgexec runs with proper suid permissions so it can write to the socket when cgexec --sticky is used. FILES
/etc/cgrules.conf the default libcgroup configuration file SEE ALSO
cgrules.conf (5) Linux 2009-02-18 CGRULESENGD(8)