Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Your favourite computer games.... Post 302672895 by vivek d r on Tuesday 17th of July 2012 07:42:39 AM
Old 07-17-2012
oh thats a good game.. you should see the latest couter strike (CS: Global Offensive) it has high end graphics.. :-)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

games

i have installed SDL int /opt and i installed a game with pkgadd in /usr/local and when i try to start the game i says: ld.so.1: ./gamename: fatal: libSDL-1.1.so.0: open failed: No such file or directory what should i do (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: CreamHarry
1 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

Games?

So what kind of games we all play? If any? I like RTS, C&C fan here all the way :p (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: woofie
8 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX games?

Does anyone know of any unix-based games? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: danceofillusion
1 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

Of Computer wizards and games

You guys are really are a genius, you make computer processing more easy for us end users. You just don't make wonders but you also make good computer games too. Really there is a fast evolution on the era of the computer world. Thanks to you guys! __________________ The Cute Angry Birds... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: methusela123
0 Replies

5. Ubuntu

use VM to play games in Windows (Intense Games)

I have Ubunut installed on my desktop AMD 6 Core 3.2 (will be getting the bulldozer AMD 8 Core when it releases) 16 GB of DDR3 1333 RAM SSD some HDD's Nvidia 560 ti 1GB My question is, how can I or can I even get a Win 7 VM to play games as well in a main install. Give it 10 GBs of RAM... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ochieman2000
0 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

What is your favourite movie at the moment?

Hi, guys. What is your favourite movie at the moment? Which movie are you watching? I am watching the Thor:) (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tinna
17 Replies

7. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Where Are the Games?

Hi! I'm new to the site, and today I clicked on "Banking", curious as to what that was about. Aside from being able to "buy" things with these points, it appears there are some games available, on which you can wager your points. While I could access the "high scores", I could not find the... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudon't
14 Replies

8. What is on Your Mind?

Favourite Games console

So what is everyones all time favourite games console and why do you like it? (Please - no comments on why they are better than others as that would be opinion based and cause arguments, positive comments only) (28 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tommyk
28 Replies

9. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

How to hack computer games that is paid???

Plz help me to hack computer games that is paid ty (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 09287501067
1 Replies

10. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Which is your favourite desktop?

Most of the people think that they can not use Unix as desktop. By this poll we gone tell them that we not just use Unix as desktop but also love different display managers like GNOME, KDE etc..... (35 Replies)
Discussion started by: ynilesh
35 Replies
MAELSTROM(6)							   Games Manual 						      MAELSTROM(6)

NAME
Maelstrom - an arcade-style game resembling Asteroids SYNOPSIS
Maelstrom [options] Maelstrom [-netscores] -printscores DESCRIPTION
This is a Linux port of the Macintosh game by the same name. This version is remarkably faithful to the original. You pilot your ship through the dreaded "Maelstrom" asteroid belt -- suddenly your best friend thrusts towards you and fires, directly at your cockpit. You raise your shields just in time, and the battle is joined. The deadliest stretch of space known to mankind has just gotten deadlier. Everywhere massive asteroids jostle for a chance to crush your ship, and deadly Shenobi fighter patrols pursue you across the asteroid belt. But the deadliest of them all is your sister ship, assigned to you on patrol. The pilot, trained by your own Navy, battle-hardened by months in the Maelstrom, is equipped with a twin of your own ship and intimate knowledge of your tactics. The lovely Stratocaster R&R facility never sounded so good, but as you fire full thrusters to dodge the latest barrage you begin to think you'll never get home... OPTIONS
-display host:0 Runs Maelstrom on the given X11 display. -fullscreen Puts a big black border around the Maelstrom screen, and centers Maelstrom within it. This help create a "full screen" effect on large displays. During the game the screen mode can be toggled using Alt+Return. -privatecmap Runs Maelstrom with a private (custom) colormap. This prevents Maelstrom from locking up all of the colors on your display. It is only useful on 256 color (pseudo-color) displays. -gamma [0-8] Sets the gamma correction level for Maelstrom. The higher the gamma correction, the brighter Maelstrom will appear on your monitor. If no gamma level is given, Maelstrom will print the current gamma level saved in your custom configuration. Once this option is used, the gamma correction level is saved, and this option doesn't need to be used later unless you want to change it again. -volume [0-8] Sets the sound volume. -nofade Prevents Maelstrom from doing the screen fading. This is useful if you find the fading annoying. -realfade Causes the entire display to fade, not just inside the Maelstrom window. -netscores Tells Maelstrom to use the Internet Maelstrom Score Server for the high score list. -printscores Prints out a list of the current high scores. If used with the -netscores option, it will will connect to the Internet Maelstrom Score Server and print out the world-wide Maelstrom high scores. -player N[@host][:port] Tells Maelstrom that it is playing a network game, and that player N is at host host and/or port port. -server N@host[:port] Tells Maelstrom to use a network address server at host host (and port port) for a multiplayer game with N players. -deathmatch [N] Configures a multiplayer game to continue until someone gets N frags (default = 8). A frag is 3 shots at a player. -version Prints the version of the Maelstrom binary. -speedtest Runs Maelstrom in a graphics test mode. It prints the number of milliseconds it takes for your graphics display to display a full 48-frame, 360 degree rotation of your ship. It is for comparative information only. NOTES
maelstrom is an alias for Maelstrom; you may use either to start the game. Maelstrom_sound is the Maelstrom sound server. You do not need (nor should you try) to start this yourself; Maelstrom uses it transpar- ently. AUTHOR
The original Maelstrom was written for the Macintosh by Andrew Welch. The Linux port was done by Sam Lantinga <slouken@devolution.com>. The author has approved the inclusion of Maelstrom in Debian distributions, including commercially distributed versions, as long as Mael- strom is not sold independently and remains freely available. This manual page was contributed by Robert Leslie <rob@mars.org>. 29-Dec-1996 MAELSTROM(6)