Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk output to multiple variables Post 302672589 by duckeggs01 on Monday 16th of July 2012 03:19:29 PM
Old 07-16-2012
Cool thanks for the input

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Storing awk output into variables

Hi all, Currently, i have a log file seperated by 'tab' and each record starting with a new line. i managed to retrieve the column that i'm interested in. (source_ip_address: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx). example of awk output: '{ print $43 }' assuming the field is at column 43. 10.10.10.10... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: faelric
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

sql output from multiple rows and columns as variables in a script

This is for an Oracle journal import. I was using a pl/sql package and oracle API's. Oracle added invoker rights to their API's and now my package won't run. I didn't want to use their API's anyway. The only reason i was using pl/sql and the API's (just a package) was to utilize a cursor. How... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lmu
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk output to variables

Im trying to read the awk output to two variables. In the below code i need to store the if part output to a variable (NEW) and else part output to another variable (BAD). Pls shed some light on this snippet or if there is any other way to achieve it wud be appreciated (only condition is it needs... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: michaelrozar17
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk (or other) script that assigns fields from a line to multiple variables

Hey all, Unfortunately I have only basic knowledge of awk and/or scripting. If I have a file with lines that can look similar to this: Name=line1 Arg1=valueA Arg2=valueB Arg3=valueC Name=line2 Arg1=valueD Name=line3 Arg1=valueE Arg3=valueF Name=line4 Arg2=valueG ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rike255
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Variables into SED or AWK and multiple commands

Hello I am hoping you may help. I am not sure how to go about this exactly, I know the tools but not sure how to make them work together. I have two SED commands that I would like to run in a shell script. I would like to take the manual input of a user (types in when prompted) to be used... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lostincashe
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh passing to awk multiple dyanamic variables awk -v

Using ksh to call a function which has awk script embedded. It parses a long two element list file, filled with text numbers (I want column 2, beginning no sooner than line 45, that's the only known thing) . It's unknown where to start or end the data collection, dynamic variables will be used. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: highnthemnts
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to redirect the output of awk to different variables?

Hi, I search for a string "can be any" and print the fields $4,$6 in to variables. $ cat input <value ='can be any' string='many' version='123'/> <value ='xyz' string='less' version='456'/> $ cat tried_code SRG=`awk -F\' '{ print $4 }' input` VER=`awk -F\' '{ print $6 }' input` ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: greet_sed
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Format output into columns, variables with multiple entries

Hello all, I've got a script that collects data on file systems and prints out specific data about each. I've formatted headers w/ printf like so. printf "\033 and I had the content of the varibles printed out beneath those columns like so: printf... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: awreneau
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

awk With multiple print variables

Hi, I have a parameter which will be having the fields which needs to be filtered or derived. But This is not working which is mentioned below. I am using the below mentioned OS uname -a SunOS udora310 5.10 Generic_150400-11 sun4v sparc sun4v param='$1$2' nawk -v para="$param" 'BEGIN... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mohammed Rafi
11 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Read in Multiple log files and output selected variables and values to cvs file

I have several problems with my problems: I hope you can help me. 1) the If else statement I am getting an error message. My syntax must be incorrect because the entire statement is throwing an error. For example in filew.log if these items don't exist Memsize, SASFoundation and also if... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dellanicholson
0 Replies
IGAWK(1)							 Utility Commands							  IGAWK(1)

NAME
igawk - gawk with include files SYNOPSIS
igawk [ all gawk options ] -f program-file [ -- ] file ... igawk [ all gawk options ] [ -- ] program-text file ... DESCRIPTION
Igawk is a simple shell script that adds the ability to have ``include files'' to gawk(1). AWK programs for igawk are the same as for gawk, except that, in addition, you may have lines like @include getopt.awk in your program to include the file getopt.awk from either the current directory or one of the other directories in the search path. OPTIONS
See gawk(1) for a full description of the AWK language and the options that gawk supports. EXAMPLES
cat << EOF > test.awk @include getopt.awk BEGIN { while (getopt(ARGC, ARGV, "am:q") != -1) ... } EOF igawk -f test.awk SEE ALSO
gawk(1) Effective AWK Programming, Edition 1.0, published by the Free Software Foundation, 1995. AUTHOR
Arnold Robbins (arnold@skeeve.com). Free Software Foundation Nov 3 1999 IGAWK(1)