Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers [solved]How do I setup outgoing email in solaris? Post 302672555 by SIFT3R on Monday 16th of July 2012 02:24:38 PM
Old 07-16-2012
[solved]How do I setup outgoing email in solaris?

I have a Solaris box that I need to enable outgoing email from alarm purposes. How do I do that so the command
Code:
echo "test this email" | mailx test@address.com

will go through?

---------- Post updated at 02:24 PM ---------- Previous update was at 02:04 PM ----------

Needed to open port 25/smtp on the router. Able to send now.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sendmail outgoing mail only setup.

Hi. I need to set up sendmail so that it can send mail to a mail relay. I have never touched sendmail before so I am not sure how to do this. All incoming mail is directed to a different server - this is just to enable me to get mail out. Running Solaris 8 on Sparc. Many thanks, ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: warrend
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help for configuring outgoing mail in Solaris 9

G'day, I've a solaris 9 box that I want to configure so that users can send out mails to internet. How can I do it? Can someone pls list me the steps or direct me to a detailed website. Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Albert J.
1 Replies

3. SCO

SCO-5.0.7 Setup Email-2.5.1 problem

Did anyone got Email-2.5.1 working on Sco 5? It goes thru ./configure with no problem but bump into an error message when use make I am including the error message bellow: Undefined first referenced symbol in file __abbr_table_1.1 ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: miles556
0 Replies

4. UNIX and Linux Applications

Sendmail outgoing email rate

Does anyone know what's Sendmail outgoing email rate? e.g. 1000 outgoing email per minutes. If so, can we modify it? Thanks. :) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sunmagic2003
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Blocking outgoing connection to ports/host in solaris

Hi, I want to block all outgoing connection ( the IMAP ) to my exchnage . I have to do it in my solaris server; from solaris host no outgoing connection can be made to the imap server. Please help me to configure that. I am new in solaris. Kind regards, Akhtar (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: akhtarbd
2 Replies

6. Linux

[Solved] Setup Nmon on Suse Enterprise 11

Ok, so my previous query has had more views than response (yeah, thanks alot for that) I am trying to figure out how to run nmon on suse linux but the script I had googled only works on AIX. I stored the binary file on (I had downloaded it directly from Nigel's website) my-xftp0:/var/log... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hedkandi
4 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris Question - How to find outgoing traffic on UDP ports

Hello All, I am trying find a command that would show me the stats of outgoing traffic on UPD ports on a Solaris 10 box. I would appreciate if anybody could help me out on this. Thank you much!!! Best Regards Sudharma. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudharma
7 Replies

8. Red Hat

[SOLVED] Wireless Network Setup

Hi, I am trying to set up a wireless internet connection on my centos OS (6). I can connect via the copper using the internal LAN but cannot get the wireless connection working. The 2 files that I have configured are: My wpa_supplicant.conf: ctrl_interface=/var/run/wpa_supplicant... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Duffs22
1 Replies

9. Programming

[SOLVED] DDD Newbie Setup Issue

(Ubuntu 11.04) I've just installed the debugger DDD, and I'm literally testing a 'hello world' program, but whilst breakpoints are being hit, the (next to) execute line is not highlighted, and when I click 'Next' the code runs to the end? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: silas2
7 Replies

10. SuSE

Send outgoing email to my GroupWise email

Dear users, I have Linux server whose versions are Suse 10 SP 3 and Suse 11. I am trying to send email from these servers to my GroupWise email account. In /etc/postfix/main.cf file, The current value of MYHOSTNAME is LINUX.LOCAL. What should be the right value of MYHOSTNAME? Is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: JDBA
0 Replies
IBV_UC_PINGPONG(1)						   USER COMMANDS						IBV_UC_PINGPONG(1)

NAME
ibv_uc_pingpong - simple InfiniBand UC transport test SYNOPSIS
ibv_uc_pingpong [-p port] [-d device] [-i ib port] [-s size] [-r rx depth] [-n iters] [-l sl] [-e] HOSTNAME ibv_uc_pingpong [-p port] [-d device] [-i ib port] [-s size] [-r rx depth] [-n iters] [-l sl] [-e] DESCRIPTION
Run a simple ping-pong test over InfiniBand via the reliable connected (RC) transport. OPTIONS
-p, --port=PORT use TCP port PORT for initial synchronization (default 18515) -d, --ib-dev=DEVICE use IB device DEVICE (default first device found) -i, --ib-port=PORT use IB port PORT (default port 1) -s, --size=SIZE ping-pong messages of size SIZE (default 4096) -r, --rx-depth=DEPTH post DEPTH receives at a time (default 1000) -n, --iters=ITERS perform ITERS message exchanges (default 1000) -l, --sl=SL use SL as the service level value of the QP (default 0) -e, --events sleep while waiting for work completion events (default is to poll for completions) SEE ALSO
ibv_rc_pingpong(1), ibv_ud_pingpong(1), ibv_srq_pingpong(1) AUTHORS
Roland Dreier <rolandd@cisco.com> BUGS
The network synchronization between client and server instances is weak, and does not prevent incompatible options from being used on the two instances. The method used for retrieving work completions is not strictly correct, and race conditions may cause failures on some systems. libibverbs August 30, 2005 IBV_UC_PINGPONG(1)