Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Start multiple scripts from the same session Post 302671831 by methyl on Saturday 14th of July 2012 05:25:39 PM
Old 07-14-2012
It was a long while ago that I worked on Informix but I recall that an Informix session took over the screen driver in order to work its status line. It was therefore impossible to run more than one session on the same telnet session.

One idea: If you are going to do this job regularly it's worth looking at the scripting language within Reflections. You could create 13 one-click icons to do the job.

Others may know a way of stopping an Informix dbexport taking over the screen driver.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Solstice 6.0.3 - Recover: Cannot Start Session

Hi people, I have a Solstice Backup 6.0.3 installed in server X1 and one installed in server X2. I need to start de recover in X2 and the somes files existing in X1. - Well, i begin this process in X2 with #nwadmin -s X1 & and i select "Save Set/ Recover". I select the datas and click in... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: denisgomes
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Start all scripts in a directory

Good morning. I have a tricky one here for me. Hope somebody can help. I am looking for a way to take a single script in a directory and use it to fire all scripts within a subdirectory. For example. Lets say I have the following in /lcl/prd/apps file1.sh file2.sh file3.sh file4.sh... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: LRoberts
2 Replies

3. HP-UX

Start SAM in TUI from CDE session

how can i start sam in TUI mode from a CDE session. i'm using hp-ux 11iv3 i tried to start SAM from a terminal from CDE session but each time i try to start it System Managment Homepage starts , so i telneted to server from a pc to start sam in TUI mode is there any other way to set my SAM to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: h@foorsa.biz
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Oracle DB Start shutdown scripts

Hi, We have a requirement wherein we do not want to share the Oracle DB sys and system passwords to be shared with the support desk. But they will be responsible for starting/shuting down the Database. Is it possible to write a shell script which will read the sys and system passwords from a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: narayanv
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Start script when a user starts a remote session

Howdy, I'm fairly new at bash scripting, but (for some reason) I've been tasked with building a bastion server and logging all (ssh/telnet) remote activity. Each session must create a unique log file - the name of each file must include the user ID, the connection method (ssh/telnet), the name... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kilo90
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Start scripts if it doesn't run on other node

Hello community, I created a script to simply query DB and then analize data. The environment where the script will works is two RedHat machines that access both to an external database. My script runs from the first crontab node. But what about if the first node goes down? What I need is copy... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lord Spectre
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run scripts within a telnet session?

I want to connect to a remote host using telnet there is no username/password verification just telnet remotehost then I need to input some commands for initialization and then I need to repeat the following commands: cmd argument argument is read from a local file, in this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: esolve
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Locating all the scripts which start with:#!

Hi, I need to find all the executable shell scripts under /home dirctory and its sub directories. I would like to print the path to the files , which include in the header of the file: #! (Actually its the first line of the file). I have tried : find . -name "*" -type f -exec sh -c ' ... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yoav
14 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ssh to multiple hosts and then run multiple for loops under remote session

Hello, I am trying to login to multiple servers and i have to run multiple loops to gather some details..Could you please help me out. I am specifically facing issues while running for loops. I have to run multiple for loops in else condition. but the below code is giving errors in for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohit_vardhani
2 Replies
DBIx::Class::Schema::Loader::DBObject::Informix(3pm)	User Contributed Perl Documentation   DBIx::Class::Schema::Loader::DBObject::Informix(3pm)

NAME
DBIx::Class::Schema::Loader::DBObject::Informix - Class for Database Objects for Informix Such as Tables and Views in DBIx::Class::Schema::Loader DESCRIPTION
This is a subclass of DBIx::Class::Schema::Loader::DBObject that adds support for fully qualified objects in Informix including both "database" and schema of the form: database:owner.object_name METHODS
database The database name this object belongs to. Returns undef if ignore_schema is set. sql_name Returns the properly quoted full identifier with "database", schema and name. SEE ALSO
DBIx::Class::Schema::Loader::Table::Informix, DBIx::Class::Schema::Loader::DBObject, DBIx::Class::Schema::Loader::Table, DBIx::Class::Schema::Loader, DBIx::Class::Schema::Loader::Base AUTHOR
See "AUTHOR" in DBIx::Class::Schema::Loader and "CONTRIBUTORS" in DBIx::Class::Schema::Loader. LICENSE
This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2012-05-05 DBIx::Class::Schema::Loader::DBObject::Informix(3pm)