Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting [Solved] echo not updating double quotes in output Post 302671335 by ranjancom2000 on Friday 13th of July 2012 11:00:28 AM
Old 07-13-2012
Thanks. It worked perfect

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Double quotes or single quotes when using ssh?

I'm not very familiar with the ssh command. When I tried to set a variable and then echo its value on a remote machine via ssh, I found a problem. For example, $ ITSME=itsme $ ssh xxx.xxxx.xxx.xxx "ITSME=itsyou; echo $ITSME" itsme $ ssh xxx.xxxx.xxx.xxx 'ITSME=itsyou; echo $ITSME' itsyou $... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: password636
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

While read do, then echo, gives double output

Sorry about the title, but this should be fairly self-explanatory. My script seems to work, except that in the output, below, the first three lines are correct, but why does it print the additional lines 4, 5, & 6? Script: #!/bin/bash while read; do client="$(grep -m 1 Client | awk... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: MrKen
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl echo with double quotes

I need to echo a string that has double quotes in a Perl script. #!/usr/bin/env perl `echo Rule123 -comment \"blah blah\" >> $filename` I'd like to get below appended to $filename: Rule 123 -comment "blah blah" But instead, the double quotes are lost: Rule 123 -comment blah bah ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: slchin
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using echo to print double quotes along with variable substitution

Hi, I am generating html code using cshell, but i am having one problem while printing double quotes, I need to write following code in file. where $var contains list of web address <a href="$var">$var</a> So i am using echo "<a href="$var">$var</a>" > file.html But with this " in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarbjit
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

grep single quotes or double quotes

Unix superusers, I am new to unix but would like to learn more about grep. I am very familiar with regular expressions as i have used them for searching text files in windows based text editors. Since I am not very familiar with Unix, I dont understand when one should use GREP with the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: george_vandelet
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Double quotes and variable proble in echo

HI Guys, I want to echo below line in my file :- lpd | grep AL | nawk '{print "1dLA - " $0} How can i echo same Output (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pareshkp
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue with Single Quotes and Double Quotes for prompt PS1

Hi, Trying to change the prompt. I have the following code. export PS1=' <${USER}@`hostname -s`>$ ' The hostname is not displayed <abc@`hostname -s`>$ uname -a AIX xyz 1 6 00F736154C00 <adcwl4h@`hostname -s`>$ If I use double quotes, then the hostname is printed properly but... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobbygsk
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] Need to inset double quotes in a file

Hi, I have echo "start="\2014"">/tmp/read.txt echo "end="2014"">>/tmp/read.txt more /tmp/read.txt start=2014 end=2014 But i wish to have double quotes in the read.txt start="2014" end="2014" Can you please tell me how ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace Double quotes within double quotes in a column with space while loading a CSV file

Hi All, I'm unable to load the data using sql loader where there are double quotes within the double quotes As these are optionally enclosed by double quotes. Sample Data : "221100",138.00,"D","0019/1477","44012075","49938","49938/15043000","Television - 22" Refurbished - Airwave","Supply... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mlavanya
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Printing double quotes in echo command

Please help me to use echo or printf type of command to print some value from variable within double quotes - I want to print the double quote ( " ") also. I tried #!/bin/bash VALUE=some_value echo '{"value" : "$VALUE"}' I was expecting the above script would produce .. {"value" :... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: atanubanerji
3 Replies
mdbFontEncoding(5)						 The m17n Library						mdbFontEncoding(5)

NAME
mdbFontEncoding - Font Encoding DESCRIPTION
The m17n library loads information about the encoding of each font form the m17n database by the tags <font, encoding>. The data is loaded as a plist of this format. FONT-ENCODING ::= PER-FONT * PER-FONT ::= '(' FONT-SPEC ENCODING [ REPERTORY ] ')' FONT-SPEC ::= '(' [ FOUNDRY FAMILY [ WEIGHT [ STYLE [ STRETCH [ ADSTYLE ]]]]] REGISTRY ')' ENCODING ::= SYMBOL FONT-SPEC is to specify properties of a font. FOUNDRY to REGISTRY are symbols corresponding to Mfoundry to Mregistry property of a font. See m17nFont for the meaning of each property. For instance, this FONT-SPEC: (nil alice0 lao iso8859-1) should be applied to all fonts whose family name is 'alice0 lao', and registry is 'iso8859-1'. ENCODING is a symbol representing a charset. A font matching FONT-SPEC supports all characters of the charset, and a character code is mapped to the corresponding glyph code of the font by this charset. REPERTORY is a symbol representing a charset or 'nil'. Omitting it is the same as specifying ENCODING as REPERTORY. If it is not 'nil', the charset specifies the repertory of the font, i.e, which character it supports. Otherwise, whether a specific character is supported by the font or not is asked to each font driver. For so called Unicode fonts (registry is 'iso10646-1'), it is recommended to specify 'nil' as REPERTORY because such fonts usually supports only a subset of Unicode characters. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2001 Information-technology Promotion Agency (IPA) Copyright (C) 2001-2011 National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology (AIST) Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/fdl.html>. Version 1.6.2 12 Jan 2011 mdbFontEncoding(5)