Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Extract error records based on specific criteria from Unix file Post 302670637 by ratheesh2011 on Thursday 12th of July 2012 09:30:40 AM
Old 07-12-2012
My code for this

My requirement is extract error records. Output shows error records.

My code is

Code:
cnt=1
cat input_file | while read line
do
typ=`echo "$line" | cut -c 1-3`
if [ $cnt -gt 1 ]
then
if [ typ != "ABC" ] || [ pre_typ != "ABC" ]
then
echo $pre_line >> output_file
fi
fi
cnt = 2
pre_typ=$typ
pre_line=$line
done
if [ typ != "ABC" ] || [ pre_typ != "ABC" ]
then
echo $pre_line >> output_file
fi

Please give me a better logic.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Select records based on search criteria on first column

Hi All, I need to select only those records having a non zero record in the first column of a comma delimited file. Suppose my input file is having data like: "0","01/08/2005 07:11:15",1,1,"Created",,"01/08/2005" "0","01/08/2005 07:12:40",1,1,"Created",,"01/08/2005"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shashi_kiran_v
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append specific lines to a previous line based on sequential search criteria

I'll try explain this as best I can. Let me know if it is not clear. I have large text files that contain data as such: 143593502 09-08-20 09:02:13 xxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxx 09-08-20 09:02:11 N line 1 test line 2 test line 3 test 143593503 09-08-20 09:02:13... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jesse
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extract a specific number from an XML file based on the start and end tags

Hello People, I have the following contents in an XML file ........... ........... .......... ........... <Details = "Sample Details"> <Name>Bob</Name> <Age>34</Age> <Address>CA</Address> <ContactNumber>1234</ContactNumber> </Details> ........... ............. .............. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sushant172
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract data based on specific search criteria

I have a huge file (about 2 millions records) contains data separated by “,” (comma). As part of the requirement, I can't change the format. The objective is to remove some of the records with the following condition. If the 23rd field on each line start with 302 , I need to remove that from the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaygamini
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract file records based on some field conditions

Hello Friends, I have a file(InputFile.csv) with the following columns(the columns are pipe-delimited): ColA|ColB|ColC|ColD|ColE|ColF Now for this file, I have to get those records which fulfil the following condition: If "ColB" is NOT NULL and "ColD" has values one of the following... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: mehimadri
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract records from Oracle to UNIX file with headers

Hi, I have a shell script which extracts records form oracle to unix file. sqlplus -s ${WMD_DM_CONNECT} <<EOF >$tmpfile set heading off set pagesize 0 set feedback off select CD_DESC||'|'||CD_ID||'|'||'Arun'||'|'||'Montu' from WMD_SYS_CD_LKUP where CD_TYP =... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arun Mishra
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract specific lines based on another file

I have a folder containing text files. I need to extract specific lines from the files of this folder based on another file input.txt. How can I do this with awk/sed? file1 ARG 81.9 8 81.9 0 LEU 27.1 9 27.1 0 PHE .0 10 .0 0 ASP 59.8 11 59.8 0 ASN 27.6 12 27.6 0 ALA .0 13 .0 0... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: alanmathew84
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to print specific line in file based on criteria

In the file below I am trying to extract a specific instance of path, if the adjacent plugin": "/rundb/api/v1/plugin/49/. Thank you :). file "path": "/results/analysis/output/Home/Auto_user_S5-00580-4-Medexome_65_028/plugin_out/FileExporter_out.52", "plugin": "/rundb/api/v1/plugin/49/",... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need a Linux command for find/replace column based on specific criteria.

I'm new to shell programming, I have a huge text file in the following format, where columns are separated by single space: ACA MEX 4O_ $98.00 $127.40 $166.60 0:00 0:00 0 ; ACA YUL TS_ $300.00 $390.00 $510.00 0:00 0:00 0 ; ACA YYZ TS_ $300.00 $390.00 $510.00 0:00 0:00 0 ; ADZ YUL TS_ $300.00... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: transat
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk/sed/cut to filter out records from a file based on criteria

I have two files and would need to filter out records based on certain criteria, these column are of variable lengths, but the lengths are uniform throughout all the records of the file. I have shown a sample of three records below. Line 1-9 is the item number "0227546_1" in the case of the first... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: MIA651
15 Replies
GTYPIST(1)							   User Commands							GTYPIST(1)

NAME
gtypist - a typing tutor with lessons for different keyboards and languages SYNOPSIS
gtypist [ options... ] [ script-file ] DESCRIPTION
`gtypist' is a typing tutor with several lessons for different keyboards and languages. New lessons can be written by the user easily. OPTIONS
-b --personal-best track personal best typing speeds -e % --max-error=% default maximum error percentage (default 3.0); valid values are between 0.0 and 100.0 -n --notimer turn off WPM timer in drills -t --term-cursor use the terminal's hardware cursor -f P --curs-flash=P cursor flash period P*.1 sec (default 10); valid values are between 0 and 512; this is ignored if -t is specified -c F,B --colours=F,B set initial display colours where available -s --silent don't beep on errors -q --quiet same as -s, --silent -l L --start-label=L start the lesson at label 'L' -w --word-processor try to mimic word processors -k --no-skip forbid the user to skip exercises -i --show-errors highlight errors with reverse video -h --help print this message -v --version output version information and exit -S --always-sure do not ask confirmation questions --banner-colors=F,B,P,V set top banner colours (background, foreground, package and version respectively) --scoring=wpm,cpm set scoring mode (words per minute or characters per minute) If not supplied, script-file defaults to '/usr/local/share/gtypist/gtypist.typ'. The path $GTYPIST_PATH is searched for script files. EXAMPLES
To run the default lesson in english `gtypist.typ': gtypist To run the lesson in spanish: gtypist esp.typ To instruct gtypist to look for lesson `bar.typ' in a non standard directory: GTYPIST_PATH="/home/foo" gtypist bar.typ To run the lesson in the file `test.typ' of directory `temp', starting at label `TEST1', using the terminal's cursor, and run silently: gtypist -t -q -l TEST1 /temp/test.typ AUTHOR
Written by Simon Baldwin REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to bug-gtypist@gnu.org COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003 Simon Baldwin. Copyright (C) 2003, 2004, 2008, 2011 GNU Typist Development Team. This program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; for details please see the file 'COPYING' supplied with the source code. This is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it under certain conditions; again, see 'COPYING' for details. This program is released under the GNU General Public License. SEE ALSO
The full documentation for gtypist is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and gtypist programs are properly installed at your site, the command info gtypist should give you access to the complete manual. gtypist 2.9.1 November 2011 GTYPIST(1)